It’s taken a lady in Puerto Rico, bacteria eating and fairy magic. But it’s happening.

Last time, on MODGblog, we left things a little dark and dingy. Every time I sat down to follow up I thought that the gods of Itoldyouso would strike me dead if I said things were better. Because as I mentioned, I’m not declaring things any more. (but secretly, quietly, between me and you, things are a little bit better). But for a while, way worse. WAY.

ASIAN

Let’s rewind to an earlier time. A time of self doubt and water poops. After much debate and thought, we put Ruby on formula for 2 days. 48 hours exactly. We tried this experiment before but I broke down after about 20 hours and nursed her. This time, I wanted to give in. I told myself that she was going to forget how to latch. I thought, she would hate me forever. But then I reminded myself that I HAD to see this through. I had to see if her symptoms improved on formula. Because if they did, I’d switch.

Friends, let’s talk about those 48 hours. Here is a sample hour:

Pump boobs. While pumping boobs, play “trains” with G. Hold one boob pump in one hand and Thomas in the other. Say “choo choo” in sync with the woosh woosh of the pump. Drop pump. Spill milk. Ruby is somewhere. Who knows. There IS sense in crying over spilled breast milk. Do it over again. Fill bottle with formula and fill freezer bag with breast milk. Convince Ruby for 20 minutes to take the formula. It smells like Doritos. Tell her that Doritos are awesome. G screams MORE TRAINS MORE TRAINS. No sweetie, I have to give Ruby her lunch. G hears lunch and throws all the foods from the freezer onto the floor. Ruby finally is sucking on the bottle. Can’t move. G knows this. G takes all of the chairs in the room and moves them against the wall so he can dance on them. With his shirt off. Then he poops. So does Ruby. On me. Clean all bottles, pumps, etc.

DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

Seriously hardest 48 hours of my life.

But it was over. And you know what? She was better. But to be sure, I wanted to breastfeed her for the following 48 hours to see if my milk freaked her little body out again.

It didn’t.

I can’t explain it. But it didn’t. And one week later, she is still going strong. She farts still and poops weird, but she’s ok. I have been off of all grains, dairy, soy, chocolate, caffeine, and sugar now for a few weeks. It’s actually not as hellacious as it sounds. And I think it’s helping her. I am also on a load of supplements to help with digestion and my gut.

CHAMP

And then I had a lactation consultation. With an LC via Skype. In Puerto Rico. I know. But she is really helping me get this shit figured out. I attended a 3 hour webinar on healing the baby and the mom for breastfeeding stuff. Dudes, it’s hippie shit to THE MAX. But we’re getting there. And I’m on probiotics out my asshole. I’m drinking Kombucha. I’m fermenting foods and shit. It’s real in here.

salsa

B: what are you making?

Me: fermented salsa and fermented ketchup

B: What does that even mean?

Me: It means I’m letting it sit out to get bacteria in it.

B: Why? For science?

Me: No. To eat it.

B: This seems like a bad idea.

Me: It’s so I can breastfeed.

B: Oh well that makes much more sense.

So as of today, I am breastfeeding and we’re doing well. We do have a probable tongue and lip tie that is making things a little tough. But we’re seeing doctors and moving on.

I wouldn’t close the books on this though. Because as I said, every time I say things are better or worse, they then get worse or better. And AND I have a lot to say about mothering 2 kids. Dudes, we need to discuss that shit.

Also, even with eating rabbit food, not easy to lose the weight after baby #2. Your body is like, bitch please, I don’t trust you. You’re just going to either get preg again or eat that doughnut bacon chocolate gummy cake.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, support and advice. I used a LOT of it. Like, I have a box of formula being shipped here from Germany. Don’t tell B. But that’s thanks to you guys. So B, blame them.

POSTED IN: Awesome things,babies,breastfeeding,hippie stuff,Mom Stuff

carolin January 14, 2013 at 4:21 pm

ok…does this mean she’s breastfeeding or formula?

Can you post links to the information so that I can use it on my breastfeeding information site?

Awesome that you seem to have it figured out (for now) and whoop whoop that it keeps going!!! :)

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:44 pm

breastfeeding!

Lauren F January 14, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Can you post the recipe for doughnut bacon chocolate gummy cake? But seriously, happy to hear that things are on an upswing for you!

TC January 14, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Glad it’s getting better :) Hell yeah about losing weight after baby #2! It was so hard I kind of gave up for a while (read 2 years), but I’m trying again now.

Natalie January 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Everything about this sounds completely awesome except for fermenting foods AND shit. The thought of fermented shit just about made me lose my lunch, but I’m pregnant so that happens a lot regardless of what I think about. ;)

So glad you and Ruby are doing better!

Krista January 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I’m glad you (and G and Ruby) survived and that things are headed in the right direction now. I’ll keep you in my thoughts! Good luck & sparkles!

Katrina January 14, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I admire your commitment to fermented rabbit food.

I ALSO admire your ingenious “doughnut bacon chocolate gummy cake” concept. Might want to trademark that before Betty Crocker gets to it.

Glad to hear things are improving. Ruby is adorbs :)

Carolyn @ Eat.Live.Be Well January 14, 2013 at 4:38 pm

My Venezuelan nanny swears by star anise for an upset stomach for baby. I’ve been drinking the tea by the gallon.

Nina January 14, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Let me know if I should drop a jar of 6-alarm farm share kimchi (including non-Korean-approved Kale) in the mail for you. It is fermenting as I write.

JJ January 14, 2013 at 4:39 pm

This is slightly off topic, but do you believe in dowsing, and or muscle testing?? I used to think all that stuff was bullshit but in the last 6 months I have suddenly had major gut issues and did Paleo for several months but it didn’t help much.

I’m considering some seriously off the wall voo doo shit in order to figure all this out and don’t really wanna deal with some MD that is just going to push pills on me. I hope all this gets worked out and maybe I will learn more and find ideas as this process continues.

JJ

Brandy S January 16, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I really feel like she may have mentioned muscle testing somewhere here in the past but I can’t be sure…. but I dunno where the heck else I would’ve heard that term from.

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:45 pm

We muscle tested G and were told it was wheat, soy and dairy. I would definitely do it again with Ruby

Sarah January 18, 2013 at 8:34 am

Does G still have issues with wheat, soy and dairy? My little man is sensitive to dairy and possibly wheat and I’m wondering if it’s temporary while I breastfeed or permanent.

Ulrike January 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Hi Amanda, I am glad that you two are better. I think you are very brave in your breastfeeding journey! Especially with all the diet changes. Just read that you are getting stuff (Holle?) shipped from Germany. If you need more please shoot me an email. I would be very happy to help you with this.

All the best from Berlin,
Ulrike

Princeress January 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Ooo, man, you said doughnut bacon chocolate gummy cake. Not waiting for #2 to come out (in 7 weeks). My B is going to have to find something to approximate that deliciousness now. If only we lived in Portland; maybe a Voodoo Doughnuts bacon maple bar would suffice.

Lolo January 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm

So glad to hear that you and Ruby are doing better! Also so glad I’m not the only having a hard time dropping the baby weight. All my ho’s lost their baby weight like Heidi Klum fast… I like to blame the c-section instead of the chocolate and ice cream…

Anyway, love your blog! Went back like a stalker and read all your posts. You rock!

Lolo

ella January 14, 2013 at 4:55 pm

So glad things are better!

Elizabeth January 14, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I’m happy to hear y’all are alive. I know you don’t want to say things are better or worse, but as an outsider, it sounds to me like you are in a better place.
P.S. as someone who fought the good pumping fight, for the love of God, even if you only have to pump on the rare occasions you are getting ready for a date night (the mention of which is probably getting a laugh from you right now) get a hands free pumping bra/boustier thingy. It is the only way I survived. Pumping is the worst, but it makes it easier to hold your baby or play with your toddler and his trains.

dannis January 14, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I agree. the pumping bra is worth it!

Rachel January 14, 2013 at 7:35 pm

totally third the pumping bra!

Leigh January 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Yep, totally totally worth it.

Stephanie January 14, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I totally just cut two slits in a sports bra, and it worked. Super easy.

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Here’s the thing…with oversupply I only pump one side.

S January 14, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I am SO happy things are going better on the Ruby tummy front. If you can, I would LOVE more info on what probiotics and fermented stuff you’re taking. Any info on a healthy digestive tract hippy stuff would be awesome!

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Here’s my list
Custom Probiotics (the brand) for me and Ruby 2x a day
Digestive enzymes before every meal
Greener Pastures fermented cod liver oil (oh yes)
L-Glutamine
Nettle Tea
Slippery Elm
Vitamin D, A, K

Misty Buchanan January 14, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I see you have the FP Rock and Play. It is the best invention EVER! I don’t care about the mold reports, idiots shouldn’t put their babies in wet beds, common sense here people. That little bed was our life saver and so helped with Piper’s tummy issues.

Anyway. Good luck with the fermented weeds. I’d beware the tomatoes though. Those are such bad juju with so many nursing babies. But, I’m sure the Hippie Puerto Rican LC knows her stuff.

Best of luck to all of you. I am glad things are getting easier.

Oh, and heads up. Losing the baby weight after your third (when your older kids are 20 and 13) SUCKS.

Melissa @Gigi Hill January 14, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I LOVE the rock and play sleeper. Cheap than and other basinet/co sleeper option and it kept me from freaking out about baby J choking on spit up during the night…aaaand it travels well, thought it fit next to my bed perfectly. I agree the mold reports should have been reported with the Darwin awards.

Alicia January 15, 2013 at 11:25 am

Love it too, it is the best. I switched between that and my co-sleeper which attached to the bed ( I think you once linked to the same model?). The combo was great. So glad to hear you guys are doing well!

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:48 pm

We have one and she loves it

Jessica January 14, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Whatever happens, you rock and ruby is droolingly gorg.

ashley January 14, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Ruby seriously looks like the coolest & happiest baby ever. You have to be doing a good job with all the love you can see in her eyes. She’s beautiful! :)

Amanda January 14, 2013 at 5:46 pm

glad things are figured out! ruby is the cutest ever.

Meredith January 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I fucking love you. With all my heart. Funniest shit.

Erin January 14, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Dude! I feel you on the pumping thing. Both my kids wouldn’t latch on one side, so I exclusively pumped for both of them for three months before going to formula. Was really hard with the first one, but like a thousand times harder with baby #2!

CAROLINE January 14, 2013 at 6:26 pm

The weight will come off!! Don’t you worry, but sadly 9mos postpartum I feel like I’m wearing a stretched out skin suit. FML.
cg

Kelly January 14, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Ugh. For real. Have you tried taking them both to a doctors appointment or the dentist together? That is horrible! A four year old and a sixth month old and you can’t yell at the four year old because the dentist has his hands all up in your molars – that little devil is smart and knows he can’t get into trouble when I can’t move my head to glare at him, or tell him to stop!

Lisa January 14, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Stoaked you are getting some support and answers! Rock n’ play IS the best invention EVER. Two kids is definately life changing. My two are both high energy, high maintenance, and super needy… I don’t get through my day easily without starting it right (ie: dig deep into your spiritual resources before you finish your first cup of coffee!). Not wishing the two kids, and two years of craziness on you, but it did actually help drop me down to before both babies weight. Stress diet. Not fun, but it worked. My son is now in kindergarten half day, and daughter is 2.5… she watches a full hour of Sesame Street now and my son will actually play with her :) Good things commin’ momma… good things commin’.

Karen January 14, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Yay! I’m glad she’s better!

Stacy January 14, 2013 at 7:28 pm

After Baby #1 lost all the weight and ran a marathon 13 months after she was born. Got preg with twins. Food is enemy número UNO now. But I’m thinking about joining cross fit which seems like more of a suicide attempt with 2 month old twins and a two year old. My friend lost her weight Mirada Kerr fast with her first and second. Does not even look pregnant until 30ish weeks.

Callie January 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I’m happy to hear things are better! Breastfeeding has been super important to me as well and I feel like if I were in your situation I would have reacted the same way to giving my daughter formula…it can feel really hard. Keep up the mom hustle.

Leigh January 14, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I think one of theIBCLC’s on the nursing listserv in my neighborhood said your body will hoard calories if you are nursing. So make sure you are getting enough caloric intake on your diet and thar might help. And tons of water, of course.

Leigh January 14, 2013 at 9:27 pm

This was not a very articulate comment. Your body will hoard calories if you’re not taking in enough for both you and your baby. So that’s why you need to make sure you’re getting enough calories. It’s counterintuitive, but you need to make sure you give your body something to burn. Man, that sounds so unscientific when I try to paraphrase.

colleen January 14, 2013 at 7:55 pm

not a mom so i don’t have much to add but it sounds like you’re working you’re tail off to do the best for your kids, and that’s awesome. hope it gets better and only better.

bonzo January 14, 2013 at 8:16 pm

You just PERFECTLY captured life with a 2-year old and a newborn.

Two things:

1. For the love of God, buy this immediately: http://www.amazon.com/PumpEase-Fabulous-Collection-hands-free-pumping/dp/B0034ISZBG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1358211985&sr=8-6&keywords=mom+hands+free+pump

2. My #2 had a tongue tie. The midwife mentioned it about 30 minutes after he was born (in the water) and asked me if I wanted her to snip it. My hippie instinct kicked in, and I said, no, don’t snip anything, please. A week later when I was in total agony (after making it to 19 months with my first, I felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly in the shoulder blades for the first week of breastfeeding #2), I had researched it to bits and was pretty much crying through every feeding and went straight back into my midwife to let her snip under his tongue. It was SO not a big deal. I mean, like, NOTHING. (Apparently, back in the day, midwives used to keep their pinky nail sharpened for this exact purpose, just to run it under their tongue while cleaning up the baby, in case the frenulum was at all tight.) Snip, a tiny drop of blood, then he breastfed right away and stopped crying after about 20 seconds. And breastfeeding was revolutionized (he had been swallowing a bunch of air and not getting full because he couldn’t properly transfer the milk which was contributing to the poops and fussiness, etc.). Won’t bore you with more details, but if you think this might be going on, I’m happy to discuss more.

Keep it real, sister. You’re doing great.

Alex aka Whoa Mumma January 14, 2013 at 9:24 pm

You’re doing an awesome job! I won’t bother giving you any advice – you’ve got it going on.

Gracie January 14, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Guuuhhh Ruby is so so cute. Also that first outfit she’s wearing is mad Asian. Hearts!

Betsy January 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I’m SO glad Ruby is doing better. We appear to be in a very similar situation. I also have a 2 year old and a 2 month old baby. New baby is colicky, gassy, has weird poop, etc etc. I have been (mostly) off dairy, caffeine and sugar for a week now. There is SOME improvent. After researching the Internet (I maybe should have learned my lesson by now), and looking back through what I’ve been eating, am convinced she is sensitive to a crap ton if other stuff. Unlike you, I didn’t have this problem with my toddler so I feel CLUELESS. Thank you for giving me hope and unintentional advice. You are awesome and also a wonderful mother. :)

Susan from GA January 14, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I literally shuddered during your post about trying to pump, play with trains, etc……and my babies are grown women!!! You just never forget how hard it all is. Dwell on the glitter, girl.

Susan from GA

Lorissa January 15, 2013 at 12:01 am

Oh MODG. You are so funny and you keep me coming back for more. I have 18 month old twins and a 3 month old… They climb on top of the table as soon as I try to sit down and nurse the baby. I have low milk supply so I also hear ya on the pumping and the whole crazy storm. Anyways…what formula are you using??

Sonia January 15, 2013 at 12:49 am

Hi MODG!

You’re baby is gorgeous!!! So sweet!

I wanted to pass along a super cheap and easy way to pump hands free. All you need are two hair ties. I have friends that swear by this. Hope it helps you! And way to go on doing what’s best for Ruby and yourself!

Sonia January 15, 2013 at 12:54 am

*Your* lol!

Ash January 15, 2013 at 8:50 am

Im really really proud of you for going through all this to continue bf’ing her.
Ive been making my own kombucha and the scoby thing freaks me out. It is pretty gross looking. If you ever want to make your own, I can get you a scoby, but I Think you have your hands full for now :)

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I JUST ordered my kombucha kit

La Nina January 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I grew up with a scoby on the kitchen counter! I may have to do it again at some point!

Elizabeth January 15, 2013 at 9:28 am

A questions & a fact. First, what is this German baby formula you speak of? I killed myself trying to find an infant formula without soy for when I weaned my son. I couldn’t find any. There was one brand, maybe from Canada…it might have been Good Start Canadian, I can’t remember but it wasn’t organic so I didn’t trust the GMOs that the cows were probably eating. Sigh. Soy or GMOs?? In the end I decided on Earths Best.

Fact: losing the baby weight, way harder the second time. I cried. Cried for weeks that I was never going to lose the weight. I read that it doesn’t really happen until the 4 month of breastfeeding. I didn’t believe it since it was so easy the first time. I chalked it up to the additional 7 lbs I gained, my advanced maternal age 34, and having baby #2. I wore yoga pants for a long time. Right around my 5th month of bf-ing…the weight disappeared. It happens, it is just slower the second time around. So now I am skinny fat…everything is all hangy downy and un-tight. I guess I could go back to the gym, but who has time for that?

Megan January 15, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Holle formula (they have it on amazon)

Janet January 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm

1. Ruby is adorbz to da max, yo.
2. Props to you for going through so much to give your baby what she needs, whether that ends up being breastmilk or hypoallergenic formula. The most important thing is to have a healthy, happy mom and baby, and I think you’re on the right track. Hippie magic FTW.
3. Blah blah blah I felt like I needed to have a #3 here, so, there.

demi January 15, 2013 at 1:27 pm

HELLS YEAH! :D being a puertorican myself-my mom passed all this shit down to me when I was breastfeeding-IT SO WORKS. She is so friggin cute too! You pretty much are puertorican now, all you need is to slick your hair back super tight and put on some gold hoops, like jlo. I mean it’s not like I do this every day…ok maybe I do. any who-happy for you! you always figure shit out, like all momma’s. Thanks for putting yourself out there with your experiences!!

Nichole January 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm

can I have a consultation with YOU via skype? seriously. I need to know 150% of all of the things you have done & ever even considered doing. Me & my 1st baby had almost 100% the same story as you & G–didn’t go into labor, induced using hippie methods, didn’t progress, Csection, [then my baby went to the NICU with sepsis from GBS], then the farting & pooping & screaming & elimination diets to the nth power. I just stopped breastfeeding after 16 months of the most restrictive diet ever. It was the hardest, most horrible, helpless, depressing time of my life. My first ray of hope was reading every past post about your experience with G & every comment that people left to search for nuggets of help.

He is still pretty allergic to lots of foods from a leaky gut & the symptoms are THE SAME as what you are talking about. He was allergic to all formula because he is allergic to milk, soy, & corn.[when I say allergy, not the hives, anaphylaxsis, & shock kind... that's an IgE mediated allergy & he has a non-IgE mediated allergy which you can't test for & Benadryl won't help the reactions.] His 1st 6 months were non-stop pain for him b/c I hadn’t figured all the food elimination out yet. Again see comment about the worst time of my life. I am terrified to have another child. TERRIFIED. PETRIFIED. I can’t go through that again or bear to see my baby in that much pain for so long & feel so helpless. I feel like crying out of hope just even hearing that you are having some/any success.

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I listed my supplements above. cutting out all wheat, soy and dairy plus those have helped

Amber January 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Wooo! I’m so glad things are so much better! Keep doing what you’re doing and it’ll all continue to be ok! I’m so glad Ruby is doing better!

Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! January 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Glad things are heading in the right direction for you for now, and I hope from now on. *fingers crossed for permanent change* :)

So, how did that fermented salsa taste? Seriously curious.

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm

just salty

Aubrey January 15, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I have a question: What are the symptoms you are seeing that is making you think there is a tongue lip tie issue? I am wondering so that I can be on the look out myself. Thanks!

Allison January 16, 2013 at 5:18 am

Aubrey,

Here is a great document I was given by both my lactation consultant and the dentist that revised my daughter’s class 3 tongue and lip ties: it’s informative and shows pictures for examples.

Aubrey January 16, 2013 at 11:35 am

Thanks!

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm

google Dr. Kotlow. Lots of info on his site

Sheila January 16, 2013 at 11:29 am

I’m so happy to hear that things are going better and you’re still able to breastfeed! I don’t know that I would have the strength to give up so many foods. I love my cookies! One of the things you wrote really hit home with me. My daughter is 3 now, and we stopped breastfeeding around 2. I started working evenings when she was a few months old and I was working so hard to pump. One day I had gotten 3 oz! It was a MIRACLE! I foolishly set the bottle aside and a kid came through and knocked it clean over! Crying over spilt breastmilk is FOR REAL! NO JOKE! I balled my eyes out! You are not the only one who has ever done that, let me tell you! My family (hubby and 3 older kids) were like, “whoa… what the…” but my hubby was sweet and comforting. God Bless you dear! Your blogs are such a ray of sunshine, they always make me smile :) You are rocking the mommy gig!

Rachael January 16, 2013 at 1:16 pm

That salsa looks delicious. Very glad to hear things are going better. Your attitude seems up, that is super awesome. What herbs are you taking? Share your secrets.

Meggie January 16, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Modg-I’m desperately trying to pass on my story to you in the hopes it will help. My son exploded green shits all over the wall-frothy, snotty, green, garbage smelling shits. I might have the answer that will bring sanity and breastfeeding!! I’ve tried emailing (returned) and the contact thingy on your site (says “one moment please” then does nothing). My story is a bit long for the comments section…how can I get it to you? It really might help and you can eat what you want!! I also did an elimination diet of free range turkey, lamb, sweet potatoes, and rice. That’s it. And in the end, I was able to breastfed for 12 1/2 months and ate like a pig (even dairy!).

MODG January 16, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I did that total elimination diet with G. IT was awful. He never got to a plateau where I could start adding foods in again so I was eating nothing forever

Meggie January 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Oh, God! I just re-read my post…in NO way am I advocating that awful diet. I was a psychotic bitch for the whole time I had to do it. What I did to cure my son’s shits was block feeding. I was producing too much milk, which not many people talk about. It can actually be a major problem. My boy was getting waaayyyyy too much foremilk (super sugary) and not enough hindmilk (fatty). He gained tons of weight and was mostly a sweet, smiley boy despite what was coming out of his asshole. I would change his clothes, no lie, up to 8 times per day because his poo was so explosive and no hippie dipe could hold that shit in. I knew I made too much milk because my kids would sometimes sputter and choke when they started their feeds. Also, my son was a lazy sucker because he didn’t have to work for it. So if you think you might be an over-producer, I highly recommend block feeding. It is definitely not for everyone and can (should) reduce your milk supply. It cured us though and allowed him to have more normal (still soft serve) poops.
Good luck & Ruby is a doll!!

Kristi L January 16, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I totally just found this online and thought for a moment that you wrote it ;) Things I wish I had known prior to the birth of my own little drama-baby… (they say hind-sight is 20/20)

Lluvia January 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

aaawwww…! Ruby is precious!!
Glad she’s doing better! Hopefully, she will do great from here on! Your fermented salsa looks like Mexican ceviche! xD

Courtney J January 17, 2013 at 1:00 am

I LOVE that you’re using the rock n play sleeper!! I seriously loved it with my boy and he used it exclusively until I transitioned him to the crib between 3-4 months. It was so nice to be able to go anywhere and still have his “bed”. I definitely cried a little bit the day I realized that shit was all over. Also, I’m happy to hear things are going in a good direction with breastfeeding. I know exactly how important it is to be successful with it for moms like us.

Emily January 19, 2013 at 1:14 am

totally OT, but i just have to say how stinkin’ ADORABLE little Ruby is & how much she looks like you! (i mean as much as i can tell from random pics here, but yeah, totally looks like you!!)

and more ON topic, so glad to hear (knock wood!) things might be (don’t want to jinx) finally getting better w/ BF! :)

lol, things do get easier with 2 kids. (i’ve got a 13 month old, almost 3 yo, & almost 5 yo) once you figure your way out of this feeding mess, get naps squared away, it’ll be a piece of cake. ok, maybe not cake, but easier. ;)

Jess, zombie, er mom, of 8mon old January 19, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Soooo I just found your blog.
I haven’t slept in… yeah I can’t do math right now. too tired ;)
I love this. I can’t stop reading and I should be napping!
Thank you, for posting your experiences for the rest of us that feel like we are the only ones in the world worried about what others call “trivial BS.” And THANK YOU for sticking out the bfing, and not just for your baby, but for me, so I can say I’m not the only hippy dippy girl that thinks it is sooo important I will do whatever it takes to make it happen. You rock.

Sylvia January 31, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Wait…I think my sister is the hippie Puerto Rican IBCLC! love your blog and love her. She knows what she’s talking about :)

P February 1, 2013 at 7:18 am

That restrictive diet allows you to replace caffeine and chocolate with booze, right?