On the 6th day of Christmas the jesus gave to me, a fart-free baby under the tree.

Thank you thank you thank you. You have and are making WANA a super success. I am trying to keep up with the comments and point out the unanswered ones, but it is, as you know, overwhelming. But as my heart broke for everyone in need, so many of you made a big difference to those families. It will not be forgotten. Thank you.

The post will continue on, but so will the blog. Many of you have asked if this can go on year round. One day, yes. Today, on this blog, sadly no. The blog just can’t handle that many comments to one post on an ongoing basis. Last year we tried creating a forum and that didn’t work out. I also have to keep the regular shenanigans going that makes this blog somewhat popular to begin with…giving those in need an outlet with people listening. We’ll get there. But it can’t be this year.

So how are things? It’s been a spell. Here’s how we’re doing:

Miss Ruby Lee: We saw a lactation consultant and apparently her little body wasn’t handling my “feed her whenever she starts to cry” method. This was about every half hour. Serious. Because of my oversupply, the milk was just pouring into her mouth and she didn’t develop a good suction…taking in air…creating gas. I KNOW. We spaced out the feedings a bit and BAM gas is pretty much gone. Yes she needs to burp like a damn sailor still but we’re doing so much better. She’s happier, I’m happier (still off of dairy) but happier. She’s also the cutest peanut in the land.

Mr. G: MANALIVE 2 year olds are no joke. Poor kid is adjusting to all of these changes on top of so many visitors in and out of the house and Christmas stuff. He’s now walking around with his eyes closed. He does this so he can “hide”. It’s so cute but a little sad. We’re working on it and trying to have special mom time (dancing to Toxic with a stuffed snake. Regular 2 year old stuff). Oh, he’s also king destruction of the east.

But he’s SO excited for Christmas. And I can JUST about start to use the threat of Santa and the presents thing. Such a genius move by parents.

B: B was able to give Miss Ruby her first AND second bottle! DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG THIS IS? G never took a bottle and was tied to my boob for a straight up YEAR. This is a game changer and B is my super hero for it. He is now gifted with bandanas filled with brown liquor. His dream.

Me: I’m doing well. Confession…I STILL haven’t been alone with both of them for a full day. We’ve had B’s parents, my mom, friends, and B home to help. I have one more week of this bliss THEN ask me how I’m doing. I took G to Trader Joe’s without Ruby and almost passed out from exhaustion. I forgot how to do it. You know, like how to be ON for a toddler. It’s hard and my back hurt and I couldn’t breathe. And then I was like F. I’m going to have an infant too.

So yeah.

But I’m happy because Ruby is actually turning out to be (I know I’m jinxing myself here) a pretty happy sweet baby. She sleeps! She smiles! She can be put down for brief moments. It’s a beautiful miracle. Thank you baby jesus under the tree.

And along with this post you saw our pictures done by the FABULOUS Carrie Hill. Dudes, she came over and in 30 seconds G was sitting on her lap. Do you even know how big that is? I was so worried he would slap her with some chicken and run out the door. But she was great with G and Ruby and took some amazing shots. Love her and highly recommend her. We’ll be using her forever.

Merry Christmas. Lots of love,

MODG fam

trouble.

POSTED IN: Awesome things,B,babies,MODG,Mom Stuff

JULI C December 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Love love the photos, seriously some good looking babes you got there!
All the best for the new year! People helping people, sounds about right =D

hugs
juli

Elle Bogart December 22, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Your pictures look great, and G is getting cuter by the minute–so is Ruby! Happy that things are working out a little better for you, woman!

Kaili December 22, 2012 at 5:50 pm

You should never have to “confess” that you haven’t been alone with both kiddos yet. It should be the norm that women are surrounded and supported with the arrival of each new baby for at least a month. So instead of “confession” I’d say kudos for knowing you’d need support and saying yes to it.

Shannon December 22, 2012 at 10:48 pm

AMEN sister. Soak up the love MODG.

Marissa December 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Are you kidding- EAT THAT HELP UP WITH A SPOON! Take full advantage of the extra hands for as long as you can. Later, when you lock yourself in the bathroom to hide from the kids (What, just me?), you can look back on those days and smile. Then you’ll grit your teeth, emerge from said bathroom, and enjoy your payback like any other Mom.
You guys sure do make some beautiful babies. They are gorgeous!

Faith December 23, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Hah! I totally take eeeeeeextra long in the bathroom sometimes to get away from my 2-year-old… but in 4 months we’ll be welcoming baby #2 into the family. Oh boy.

JT December 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm

My first thought when scrolling through this post, “Wow, her babies do look pretty Asian. Well, besides for the blond hair.” I’m sure you’ll be pleased to know that’s where my mind went first.

Merry Christmas and glad Ruby is doing well.

Jennifer December 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm

She’s a good baby because of the name choice. Ruby is a great name! My great awesome aunt was a Ruby. You have all kinds of goodness on your hands there!

Salome0323 December 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I have to say that the pic of B and Ruby Lee brought a tear to my eye. As the mother of three daughters, let me tell you that the bond between Papa and daughter is an amazing thing. It surely looks like he is smitten. Happy Christmas to all of you. Enjoy your family…these days are precious for sure.

Erica December 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Beautiful family! Love the pics! Random question I hope isn’t offensive. Do you per chance color your hair? And if you do.. would you be willing to share the shade color? The reason I ask is I love the brownness of it in these pics and have been trying to find a dark brown hair color I like to knock my hair down a few shades… yet I somehow always end up with something too red or ashy. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Modg December 22, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I actually don’t but thank you!

keely December 22, 2012 at 7:39 pm

ruby’s gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous modg. looks like you (c:

Chelsea December 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Glad things are so great!! Ruby is gorgeous and G
Is as cute as ever. LOVE that last picture of the two
Of them…trouble is right! One look at G and I can just
Imagine the things he’s scheming up! Haha

Susan from GA December 22, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LOVE the pictures! Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us. Merry Christmas hugs from GA.

Kate December 22, 2012 at 10:33 pm

So glad nursing is going better, and so glad the little lady is taking a bottle. It’s nice to be able to leave the house without them sometimes.

tara December 22, 2012 at 10:57 pm

So awesome Ms. Ruby is not a super gasball!

Holy oh my god is G effing ADORABLE. Heartbreaker. For reals.

Such awesome pics, Merry Christmas/Holidays/Whatever You Celebrate to you and your family!

HOLLY December 22, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Stick with giving her a bottle a day. We learned the hard way….we took a 3 week break of giving him a bottle and I solely bf. When we tried to give him one after that….he refused! It took a month to finally get him to take one again!!! Exhausting!!!

Sabrina December 22, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Two absolutely gorgeous babies– congrats. And I’m so glad you figured out the gas/oversupply/overfeeding thing. I’m pretty sure that’s what was happening when my son was newborn too only I didn’t figure it out until he was almost three months old! Good job.

Ashley December 23, 2012 at 12:11 am

Ruby is adorable! And so is G, but we know that already :).

I was going to comment that I’m extremely jealous of your amazing pictures and how you and B both do a great job and must have a great camera, glad to know that it was a professionals work because you’re really putting the rest of us to shame! Your pictures turned out beautifully, thanks for sharing.

Rebecca December 23, 2012 at 12:17 am

this is so great!! Yay!!!

Mrskatiee December 23, 2012 at 1:22 am

Glad to know you are doing well. Enjoy all that help. With my second baby I was living away from family and my husband began a 40 day work a thon when M was 2 wks old, and we had not diagnosed the dairy and soy allergy yet. HARD! But we survived and the miracle of babies is that they grow and get easier, and toddlers do adjust. Merry Christmas from my family to yours.

colleen December 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm

such beautiful pictures!!! i’m glad to hear little ruby is doing so well. have a wonderful christmas together!

Sophia December 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Beautiful!
A very merry abd blissed out Christmas to you and your family!

Denise December 23, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Beautiful family, Merry Christmas to you.

Sara December 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm

She is beyond beautiful! Merry Christmas sweet MODG family!

Gracie December 24, 2012 at 3:29 pm

That picture of G giving Ruby the big brother “I’m gonna get you” look is too much. Also, your hair is always so good. Merry Christmas MODG fam!

leslie December 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

what a perfectly beautiful family. it’ll only get better from here on out, right?! :)
merry christmas MODGfam!

linka72 December 24, 2012 at 7:32 pm

“Dancing to Toxic with a stuffed snake”..I seriously just snort laughed. I found out not too long ago that my very large, very black husband digs that song..I am about to put it on a t-shirt.
Anywhoo..Ruby Lee is delicious looking..and looks a lot like G (to me at least).
Congrats!!

Cortnie December 25, 2012 at 10:14 pm

LOVE these family pics!
Merriest of gas-free Christmases!

xo
c.

ElisaM December 26, 2012 at 1:09 am

Awww, so great. Thanks for everything MODG, and Merry Christmas to you. Your little family is just adorable.

Ashley December 26, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Merry Christmas! Baby Ruby is adorable! So is G of course :)

Ellen December 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Your hair looks fab!

Sjl December 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Congrats on surviving/maintaining the dairy elimination! I went off dairy with my first and I think new babies intolerance to cow’s milk products is far more common than we think. Elimination diets are a sacrifice, so I understand why busy moms aren’t willing to take those steps in pinpointing irritants. However, 18 months later I’m still off dairy (mostly…) and feel soooo much better. I look forward to hearing more about your and Miss Ruby’s dairy-free journey a few months down the road if you still think its a culprit. On another note, I’ve been serving this app over the holidays and it is a shockingly lovely substitute for the full-dairy version of creamy artichoke dip – maybe someone will make it for you! http://smithsvegankitchen.blogspot.com/2012/06/warm-spinach-artichoke-dip.html

Doula Dani December 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Can’t wait for an update! Long time reader – only second time to comment (first time I commented was when you were having issues breastfeeding G and I suggested it might be a milk imbalance – not that you’ll remember who the heck I am!)

Hope all is going well. I have a 23 month old and 2 month old. I know it’s soooo nice having the help, but for me, it honestly felt good once I could get our house a little bit more calm (it was throwing our toddler off his routine a bit with all the constant visitors – and I’m a huge fan of his routine staying on track!). We were able to find our new rhythm. It took time to find it but it all started with taking that first step of me being alone with my two boys. It was challenging but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Toddlerhood is no joke, that’s for sure. Our ped wasn’t kidding when she said “it’s a time of figuring out emotions so those emotions tend to get a little extreme.” She also said “it’s totally normal, just let him [our toddler] express himself and let him know how much you love him… when they’re acting out, that’s when they need reassurance the most.” I thought it was lovely advice and remind myself of it often. It’s crazy. It’s amazing. It’s challenging. It’s so much love and snuggles. :)

You can do it!!

kat January 2, 2013 at 4:05 pm

those pictures are wonderful – and im so glad you’re adjusting to two babies well (the second one is coming in 4 months for me and I am TERRIFIED)

Bethany January 2, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Beautiful pics. You are very blessed. Congrats on solving the gas/nursing problems! Are you cloth diapering Ruby?

cassidy January 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm

modg, your family is beautiful! i hope all is well and you’re back soon!

Katia January 3, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Beautiful photos! Happy new year!
Being solo with two is scary at first but it’s also liberating to find your own groove and establish your own routines instead of doing it grandma’s way, you’ll be fine, I’m sure. :-)

meli January 4, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Holy blonde child, it has been tooooooo long!!! And where did that lil girl come from that looks like G!?! I, too, am sh*tting myself…happy new year. And with that said…GOOD LUCK!!!