Shit Baby Center Tells Me To Do (part 1). You lucky beast, there are FOUR PARTS. Also I’m disgusting.

Welcome to the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. Or as I call it, the final 4 levels of hell. I think Catholics call it purgatory. I have to check with Grandma. In honor of this “special” time, I present to you a weekly series called:

Shit Baby Center Tells Me To Do

If you’ve ever been pregnant, you’ve probably signed up for this ass balls website. They email you every week and tell you CONGRATULATIONS your baby is now the size of a Crenshaw Melon. And you’re like WHAT the F is that? And Baby Center is like, shut up I don’t really care about you. And then it’s like, oh by the way, if you’re don’t have your cord blood registry and college tuition figured out, you’re screwed. And you’re like SHIT. And then you tell B (I mean your husband) that he needs to install the infant car seat RIGHT NOW. And he’s like, but you’re 9 weeks pregnant? And you’re like I KNOW, HURRY UP.

And that my friends is Baby Center.

So I decided that in these last 4 weeks, I will actually do the shit that Baby Center tells me to do. Because I only have 4 weeks left. And I need to do less “shut up Baby Center I hate you” and more “FINE Baby Center, I give up. I’ll pack my damn hospital bag”.

And that my friends is the activity of week 36. Pack The Hospital Bag. Not just my hospital bag, but clearly the most important hospital bag: B’s.

Informing B of his duties for the week, I sent him the link to the packing list. It’s like, shampoo, nightgown, baby clothes, baby this baby that. You know, stuff I could use help with. But there is a small section for your “partner’s bag”. This is what concerns B. So I get copy and pasted email back:
For your partner/labor coach
    •    A camera or video camera with batteries, charger, and memory card (or film or tape). Someone has to document the big event! (Note: Not all hospitals allow videotaping of the birth itself, but there’s usually no rule against taping during labor or after the birth.)
    •    Toiletries
    •    Comfortable shoes and a few changes of comfortable clothes
    •    Snacks and something to read (literally I will kill you B)
    •    Money for parking and change for vending machines
    •    A bathing suit. If you want to take a bath or shower during labor, you may want your partner to get in with you to support you or rub your back.

You will want that right?

See…this is B being funny. I have a 3 foot no-touch radius around me right now. He and everyone else knows not to cross it’s line. So B is expressing “sarcasm”.

Let me break down husband sarcasm for you in the eyes of a 36 week pregnant woman: I will grab your tongue and wrap it around your neck and hang you from the ceiling with it if you don’t just say what you mean. You are not funny. Funny is not funny. The only thing funny right now is that I haven’t stuffed socks in your throat when you sleep.

OK it’s not that bad. Maybe.

But I did tell B that if I see one bandanna in that bag of his, he’s being immediately shipped to the 1957 waiting room.

In terms of packing my own bag, I don’t know how any pregnant woman accomplishes this task. When you are 36 weeks pregnant you are sleeping in your husband’s disgusting high school t-shirt that says something mildly offensive on it because it’s all that fits. How am I supposed to pack a “variety of comfortable nightgowns with IV access” or a “going home outfit” or “makeup”. I have 2 outfits that I rotate. I can’t pack shampoo and conditioner and my razor a month in advance. What do you think I’m stock piling extreme coupon style?

Everything circled is something that I couldn’t pack for whatever reason. And I shutter to think of B having to ever complete this task for me.

So I started throwing shit together. And I realized that when you’re this pregnant you stop caring about things like hygiene, looking presentable to society and caring for your possessions.  And since I was packing the B list shit that I use, it was even worse. Basically pregnant women are disgusting. Yes all of us. Yep, you too.

But my favorite suggestion from BC is READING MATERIAL FOR LABOR. I literally BAH’d out loud when I read that. Who are these people writing this shit? No problem BC, I’ll just bring along my copy of  Better Homes and Garden during contractions. I mean what else would a lady have to do during such a snooz fest?

I do however enjoy the suggestion of bringing a phone card. Thank you 1998 for that.

See…this is why I hesitated on this series. I knew it would be more me spewing hate and less functional advice.

Well, I guess you all know what to expect around here by now.

Straight up service to society.

I don’t know what next week’s activity will be. But I will blindly follow the beast that is Baby Center and do as I’m told.

Also, how do I finish this task? Also I think I need a playlist for labor. Is that stupid? Yes if it has Sarah McLaughlin on it. No if it has Britney.

OK, until next time.

xoxo (those are knives and nooses)

POSTED IN: babies,I hate everyone,Not Pleased,Preg Stuff

Jen October 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm

If you do make a birthing playlist PLEASE SHARE!

kathleen.summers October 16, 2012 at 8:57 pm

BWAHAA, I can totally appreciate the disgusting part. My DH took pics of me a couple weeks before I had the last baby and, yep, I’m wearing one of the few things I can (one of his ratty ol shirts), my hair which I hadn’t cut in forever is everywhere… I was huge and gross. I don’t envy you this last stretch of pregnancy. It blows! Hang in there! Can’t wait yo meet YoSHE!

Amy P. October 16, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Um I wear my husband’s nasty highschool t-shirt every night. As an aside, I’m not preggers.

Molly October 17, 2012 at 10:35 am

Ditto

Katie E. October 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm

“Push It” by Salt and Peppa has to go on the playlist. I also put on “Fat Bottomed Girls” because with my second I thought it was funny. I was a blimp. My philosophy is that whatever I forgot, my mom would bring me because my husband was in a daze anyway. It worked for me. That, and my sister in law is the most amazing woman ever, and would bring me stuff too. For clothes, I bought these really pretty hospital gowns with nursing access. And granny drawers to wear home because I felt like I had been hit in the lady bits with a hammer (vaginally delivered a watermelon). good luck!

Cat October 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm

LOVE it! I signed up for BC with all 3 pregnancies then promptly hit “delete” without actually reading them. Then again, I had my hospital bag packed at like 20 weeks because despite the fact that all my babies came at least a week past due, I was convinced I’d go preterm and be unprepared. But I’d always re-pack the week I was due because I wanted “cuter” pajamas or something. Then I’d bum around in the hospital gown the whole time I was there and not be able to squeeze into my ‘going home’ clothes and have to ride home in the pjs I wore to the hospital. Oops. Good luck, and I love your blog!

Leslie@MsMagpieWrites October 16, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Babycenter makes me feel bad about myself. I’m just starting to think about getting pregnant but BC tells me I’m like 6 years behind and reminds me that my fertility drops 849% every day. FML. What happened to your pretty birthing nightgown from last time?

Jeannette October 16, 2012 at 9:27 pm

“Stronger” by Britney Spears and “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys should go on your playlist!

Megan October 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

Maybe it should be named “Crotch on Fire” for this occasion?

Denise October 16, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Hilarious. Yep half the crap on that list you can’t pack. I trusted my husband to pack my bag and it was bad news. I was left with a pair of work socks on during labor. I understand the sarcasm too, I hated jokes during my labor. I had to tell my husband to stop with the jokes or I would kill him.

Jane October 16, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Yeah, I deleted the emails I got from “You’re a Shitbag Parent and Here’s Why”, I mean, Baby Center about half way through trough this second pregnancy. I don’t need a reminder I’m a shitbag. That is what my three year old is for. Just delete, delete, delete. Here’s what they SHOULD be telling you: If you are having your second child, this will be more of a vacation than you will have had since before you had children at all. No lie. Without your older child around needing you all the time, you will be able to sleep more, eat in peace and rest with the new child that still sleeps all the time. Don’t even start with being able to poop in peace; even if it does feel like someone assaulted you with a splintery broom handle. So, pack up your “Godfather” trilogy and order in dinner because when you go home, notsomuch.

Lluvia October 16, 2012 at 9:38 pm

LOL

Loved this post. I packed everything BC told me to, and only used like 1/4 of it. :-)

Sheila October 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I love your blog! You always make me smile! Esp the part about the phone card… I can’t believe they even put that in there! like, really BC! lol… but yea, I’m a member! hahaha! You’re awesome! I can’t wait till next weeks post :)

Kristie C October 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm

My playlist had Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Three Days Grace & SOAD but it was basically useless because guess who forgot to charge the ipod before heading off to the hospital or pack the charger. Yep. It died an hour after we got to the hospital. Because the hubby was playing fruit ninja. I packed a bunch of crap & used only my yoga pants, 2 nursing tanks & toothbrush.

Brianne October 16, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I always signed up for those newsletters. Mostly just to remind myself how far along I was. Their lists are laughable. Seriously. By my third I didn’t need a list, and my fourth I packed like I was going to a sleepover at my middle school BFF’s complete with my favorite breakfast cereal. In all honesty, what would they expect you to use a phone card FOR? Christ, even grandparents have jitterbugs these days.

Allyson October 16, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Modg!!!! Make a list of things people (specifically sister in laws) can bring you to the hospital. For my niece I brought a card and presents but now looking back, I realize that was more crap to be carried to the car. If there is some super secret list of items please help or I could end up like a jersey housewife sister in law situation. Not really, but I’m a clueless non preg so please help.

Anna October 17, 2012 at 5:40 pm

DON’T wear perfume when you visit. Seriously, that is the worst in-law thing to do. Nothing worse than being handed back your newborn who now stinks of someone elses Chanel or whatever.

I don’t know how long people stay in the hospital over there but in England it’s only a night- not even that sometimes if it’s been a straightforward birth and to be honest I didn’t want ANYONE at the hospital so maybe check she’s OK with you being there? It’s a pretty shit time to be honest. The baby is obviously awesome but you do feel a little bit like ‘how the hell am I not dead’ and that hospital time is recovery to get your breath back before a million visitors turn up at your house.

Oh, and food! Make food. Dinners to put in the fridge/freeezer or just cake or something. Any food offerings are always welcome.

Megan October 18, 2012 at 12:13 am

I have just recently been to a SPRANKLE/freezer filling party, where each guest brought a dish to fill the deep freeze to be eaten once home from hospital. Best idea ever!

Also, ditto on the perfume. Same goes for smokers/pet owners/smellies. Don’t be an asshole and cloud the delectable freshly baked baby scent with your skank.

Anna October 18, 2012 at 3:42 am

That’s the best shower idea I’ve heard so far! (as long as your friends can cook!!)

kbda October 16, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Baby is now 9 days old so this suggestion comes from real freshly discharged experience . 1 thing to bring that is not on any list. Small extention cord. As it is not 1998, and my smart phone eats battery charge even with the hospital free WiFi, I needed the cord so I could charge my phone, and keep it on that little hospital tray/table, because the outlet is just not anywhere near the bed.

Sarah October 16, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I am 36 weeks today, and received the crenshaw melon email this morning! This post is my favorite thing I have read in a week. And this is impressive, because I am currently the size of a pygmy hippo – and just as grumpy. I don’t like much of anything these days.

tara October 16, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Definitely continue with the series, it’s hilarious. BC is crazy, I read their packing list and they definitely have a condescending tone, like even if you pack all that shit you still won’t get it right. Eff that.

Also, I vote no to the Sarah M. on the playlist. It will just make you think of those shitty commercials that make you feel bad about yourself for not saving 800 animals.

Darbi October 17, 2012 at 9:39 am

OMG with the animal commercials!!! I swear to god, every time I hear Sarah M., that is all I think about. The BF now covers my eyes when the commercial comes on because we have 3 cats and a dog and that is 4 animals too many according to him.

tara October 18, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Stupid Sarah M. and her stupid commercials. The part that drives me the most crazy is that she even talks in that fucking slow voice. All it makes me want to do is stab my ears. And her

kristin October 16, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I am exactly 9 weeks pregnant and your first paragraph (2nd paragraph?) literally had me laughing like for real laughin. I don’t ever laugh reading things. That is the greatest thing I’ve read in weeks. I might need to share this with my birth club…..on baby center.

Nicole October 17, 2012 at 1:28 am

Haha! I specifically remember googling a crenshaw melon! What will you do with G during labor, delivery, recovery? I packed our 22 month old some jammies, washable toys, fave books and snacks. And even though we cloth diaper, this was a time for disposables. I thought my in laws would take him assuming my labor would be fast like the first time. But it was slow and earlier than expected and they were hosting a cousin’s baby shower that day! So I was thankful I had all the stuff for him to keep him happy while my labor slowly progressed. He was such a trooper!

Katie R-G October 17, 2012 at 7:16 am

I didn’t sign up for BC this time, but I do have the What to Expect..mobile app and it can eat my ‘roids. Every day it’s like “don’t eat carbs”, “exercise your fat ass”, “you’re a shitty mom”. Blah. I hate know it all preg apps.
I’m 31 weeks, so I won’t be packing for another 10 weeks, cuz I suck. But old navy foldover skirts, nursing tanks, and mocassins are all I’m packing for me (my mom will bring me chapstick, chocolate and a toothbrush.) I don’t have like ANY clothes yet for the newest person, so he’s coming home naked, and my husband can wear the hospital gown. Oh, and my doula said I have to “bake something for tge nurses” so they love me and don’t argue with me as a vba2c. There’s too much pressure!!! I need wine.

Annalisa October 17, 2012 at 7:35 am

I am 34 weeks along with #2 and I have to pack but I have been so lax this whole time with all new baby stuff. From what I remember last time, I used a change of clothes to go home in, my slippers, and some pert plus shampoo from my husband’s travel bag. I used the hospital’s underwear and went without any bra for weeks. The new baby went home in some generic onesie since I guess I was nervous about changing her clothes/they were too big.

I’m curious how you are handling G when you go to labor? I’m packing my 17 mo. old a bag since we have 3 or 4 potential plans depending on time of day/if family is here in time/etc. I am working on a list of contact #s, emergency info, and some food items to take with her if she needs to.

Katy October 17, 2012 at 9:13 am

I love that I STILL get emails saying “you’re 21 weeks pregnant!” Um…my kid’s 1.5. But thanks for making me paranoid about watching my sugar. Totally agree with the 3 foot radius rule!

Megan October 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

I hate that goddam Baby Center website.

Marjorie October 17, 2012 at 9:46 am

This week Baby Center told me to take a moment to appreciate the miraculous change my body has gone through during these last 38/39 weeks. Yes, because we monstrously pregnant women really appreciate how mother-effing huge our areolas/stomach/ass have gotten during the last nine months. Screw you Baby Center. It was all fun and games when the baby was growing eyelashes and peeing and stuff but now every week all I get is “baby is packing on the fat” (which makes two of us) and I’m over this shit. Eviction in 3 very, very long days.

Stef October 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm

HAHA! I wish you knew how hard I’m laughing at work right now because of your reply. I’m 36 weeks and I don’t laugh at anything – so that’s really saying something. Good Lord this just made my f’ing day!

Elise October 19, 2012 at 10:06 am

You dudes are funny…
p.s. Baby center told me I was obese and WTE told me I was gaining perfectly so WTE for the WIN!!!!

Sarah @ Bend it Like Becker October 17, 2012 at 10:44 am

I FREAKING HATE BABY CENTER. Though I do sometimes drop in on my January 2013 “birth club” because the grammatical train wrecks in those message boards make me feel better about myself. So you may want to try that. This week Baby Center told me I should be singing lullabies to my baby, but all I could manage to do was belt out “The Downeaster Alexa” so hopefully that does the trick.

Ange October 17, 2012 at 11:42 am

Cord blood banking is a scam! Seriously, look it up. Donation is a different story (do this if your hospital participates! Mine did not :( )but there is no evidence that even if your baby ended up needing cord blood, that his/her OWN blood would be effective.

Karena October 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hahahaha, I didn’t have an iPod when I had my son, but I did bring a CD player and put Sarah McLaughlin on repeat. Yes.I.Did.

Stef October 17, 2012 at 12:55 pm

My playlist seems stuid now that I see these other suggestions. Seriously mine contains strictly yoga songs – how lame. A new playlist is in order – and thank you to the woman who reminded me to bring a charger. I reminded my husband last night that we were suppose to put the car seat in a few weeks ago – and he said “I’ll do it before we leave for the hospital.” I’m not sure if that was suppose to be funny but I locked his ass out of the house while he was letting our dog out.

Kristyn M October 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I love this! So much to look forward to when I start having children. My best friend had her first baby about 8 months ago. She had a legit playlist with songs like “Baby got back” and “push it.” She ended up being in the hospital for 45 minutes before she had her baby and was very disappointed she didn’t get to use it!

Anna October 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

disappointed? That lady does not know how lucky she is!! THREE DAYS PEOPLE. THREE WHOLE DAYS AND NIGHTS! All the paylists in the world wouldn’t have got me throught that.

Jess October 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm

My playlist had Jesse and the Rippers on it and I kept secretly hoping it would loop back around and be the song C was born to (it wasn’t). I packed jello snack cups and brought Starbucks cards for the nurses bc my doctor told me they get so many pastries and stuff they just put them in the family lounge. Good luck modgie!

Lydia October 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Dude, a note on the hygiene thing – it isn’t just pregnancy this time around. Trust, when Yoshe is born you will marvel at how much more relaxed you are about everything than when G was a baby. With the first you’re all, Oh my, the baby dropped his pacifier, let me throw that one away and whip out my brand new sterilized one that I always keep in my custom-made diaper bag for backup. The second kid drops their pacifier and you pick it up, lick it, and pop it back in their mouth – and MAYBE also hand them a 3 day old cookie (unorganic) out of your literally falling apart at the seams diaper bag. Once you overcome the gross there’s no looking back. You’re welcome.

Courtney October 18, 2012 at 1:17 am

No need for a “playlist” does anyone do those anymore unless its your wedding? Pandora works great in the hosp and actually did help me get pumped up before delivery. Good luck!

Jenn October 18, 2012 at 12:58 pm

A RAZOR?! Who in the HELL uses a razor before, during or after your delivery!? You can’t wait a day or 2 to shave the hairy ass legs you couldn’t reach for the last 2 months?! And what nurse isn’t going to look at you cross-eyed when you say “could you please take my baby to the nursery and draw me a nice warm bath so that I can shave my legs?” – Riiiiiight.

Also, please tell me someone Googled kumquat, b/c watermelon (no matter the variety) I can picture. kumquat!? All sorts of bad mental pictures!!!

MODG October 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

it’s for my armpits you razor maniac

Jenn October 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Oh… right… dur…

kady October 18, 2012 at 5:08 pm

i stole this from the young house perfects – but a cute pillow case with your fave pillow (mine was a cythnia rowley from tjmaxx) – the pretty will distract from your own hot mess and create a cute backdrop for pictures of your little perfect. pack B your ipad – keep him busy & out of your way. good luck mama.

Kyl October 18, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I remember reading those “time to pack your bag” notices and feeling completely paralyzed. Like… I’m using my glasses and contact lenses EVERY DAY. How the F can I pack them?! I only managed to pack the baby’s going home outfit, some snacks which we never ate and a baggie full of change (why on earth would we ever need so much loose change — I’m not delivering this baby at a REST STOP!). Our exit from the house was so frenzied and crazy that my husband had to come home after the baby was born to pick up a change of clothes for me wear home. This, incidentally, worked out just fine.

What are your backup plans for G once THE MOMENT arrives?

Jen October 18, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I think you may need a suitcase for the list from BC… My Grandma brought me a head of cabbage all washed and nicely separated. Works wonders when your engorged. Best of luck to you MODG!

Zak October 19, 2012 at 12:19 am

You need to remember your Tucks.

Godspeed.

Katia October 19, 2012 at 7:16 am

The Labour Prep Guide our hospital provided suggests to bring cards with you. Yeah, I could totally fit that one in between the 4 hour labour inducing walk down the hospital corridors, the induction (4 hour walk = just for the heck of it) and the pushes. Gin!

Jesse October 19, 2012 at 9:27 am

Bring some sugary snacks for yourself. Most hospitals still have a policy of not letting you eat while in labor in case you need general anesthesia (extremely rarely used.) You will get hungry and low on energy which can affect the baby’s heart rate. A little bit of sugar in your system can prevent the cascade of intervention that can lead to a c-section. Bring some candy or nuts or something that you can nosh on without nurses bugging you.

Kristy October 20, 2012 at 3:13 am

I absolutely hate Baby Center. The acronyms used on that site for husbands, son, and daughters make me want to stab my eyes out. We’re not in 1950 no one calls their husband “dear husband”. I deleted myself from that site 10 weeks in to my pregnancy!

stephanie October 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm

GO KRISTY! also, why call your BABY your “little one” when you can call it a BABY!?

Leslie@MsMagpieWrites October 22, 2012 at 9:31 am

OMG I totally agree – Babble is just as bad with this – I can’t stand when they refer to baby as “Your Little” (last I checked I’m not in a sorority) and the whole DH/DD/whatever thing. Gag me.

Heather October 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Oh man! My lovely hubby waited until I told him it was time to go to the hospital to pack his bag. (Yes, you can probably see where this is going)
I woke him at 2am and told him it was time to go. After laboring alone for 4 hours he asked me if I was sure. He tells me to lay down. I don’t want to lay down. I want you to get your ass up and get me to the hospital. I can no longer walk or sit or stand through a contraction. The pain is radiating down my thighs. Yes. It is time to go. Now.
He gets up and starts rummaging through the bathroom. 45 minutes later I told him that unless he had an epidural stashed away in his bag he was being left behind and I was driving myself.
Next time, I’ll toss him some necessities in my bag and leave it at that. We live 15 minutes away from the hospital we use.

Miranda October 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

I killed all of Mockingjay and then a baby flew out of my vagina in a med-free VBAC about two hours later. Reading in labor is real stuff.

Making sure YOUR PARTNER has snacks? Not real stuff as clearly you are the star of the show and any and all snacks should be yours.

Crystal Faith October 21, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I’ve never made or delivered a person, but I can’t shower without a playlist, so I say “Go for it, my friend.”

Yaz October 23, 2012 at 9:12 am

Honestly, with number 2 its better not to have the hubby stay with you @ the hospital. My son is a month younger then your son, and I had another baby 2 months ago. I had him stay at my moms house with my son instead, so he wouldn’t feel abandoned by both his parents for this new baby. He was still able to come by during the day and leave him with my mom.

Natalie October 23, 2012 at 11:53 am

35 weeks here. In the last week I have told my husband he is NOT FUNNY at least four-hundred and thirty-two times. I also told him he can’t do anything right and breaks everything he touches when he couldn’t hang the mobile over the crib this weekend. Wow. Hormones are awesome.

Mary October 24, 2012 at 11:38 am

I bought a pretty delivery dress that I found on your blog! Labored in it at home for days (ok 17 hours) before we had to throw in the towel and go the hospital — where I lost my mind and totally forgot about my pretty delivery dress, wearing that hideous hospital gown. Yuck. But I was really glad I packed an enormous duffle bag filled with everything just in case we had to head to the hospital. We didn’t pack a bag for my hubs though, so on day 3, we had a friend bring us his undies.

I had an fabulous music playlist and listened to it at home. Wish we had insisted on it at the hospital, but again, everything got tossed out the window once we were there. Here it is:

Beautiful – Meshell Ndegeocello

Almost Lover – Fine Frenzy
Slow dancing in a burning room – John Mayer
Aint No Sunshine – Billy Withers
The Fear You Won’t Fall – Joshua Radin
Mad World – Gary Jules
Falling Slowly – The Frames
(any songs by Sarah McLaughlin!)
(any songs by Sia)
Gravity – Sara Bareilles
Dream – Priscilla Ahn
Sweet Dreams – Jewel
Angel Standing By – Jewel
The Moment I Said It – Imogen Heap
18th Floor Balcony/It’s Just Me – Blue October
Eyes on Fire – Blue Foundation
Your Guardian Angel – The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Time Flies – Lykke Li
Always Midnight – Pat Monahan
(anything by Portishead)
(anything by Massive Attack)
Beautiful – Bethany Dillon

Slow Like Honey – Fiona Apple
Glory Box – Portishead
Breathe Me – Sia
Worrisome Heart – Melody Gardot
Lost in Place – Gram Rabbit

Everybody Hurts – REM
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World – Israel K….
In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
(anything by Sarah McLaughlin)
Run and Hide – Algebra Blessett
Babyfather – Sade
Bitter – Meshell Ndegeocello
Better Together – Jack Johnson
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
If It Kills Me – Jason Mraz

kat October 24, 2012 at 12:36 pm

are you this ridiculous in real life? cuz I’d like to be friends.
also, i didn’t’ pack any toiletries for the hospital because during the 1.5 days that I’m there the nasty shampoo will do, I’m not fucking shaving anything fuck you and the only things I wore were pajama pants and sweatshirt (P was born in January). Aside from a nice towel (I hate the TEENY tiny hospital ones), a pair of sweatpants, some underwear I never wish to see again, and a nursing bra, I don’t think there’s much I needed. Jon packed a pair of jeans….and some clean underwear. That was it.

cassidy October 24, 2012 at 7:26 pm

are you having yoshe!? where are you??

kiki October 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

Cassidy — I was just thinking the same thing. Where in the world is MODG????

KamiKaze October 25, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Where are you MODG? Are you having YoShe?

bince October 26, 2012 at 9:30 am

“shudder”, not “shutter” :)

{ 1 trackback }