You’re invited to my last pregnant moments in a dress. I photoshopped out my nipples. You’re welcome.

Yesterday was the last warm day in Philadelphia for a long long time. I consider this the sun setting on my freedom. However yesterday was happy for another reason because IT WAS THE DAY OF MAH SPRANKLE.

Yes you are correct. You see glitter pumpkins and candy. I could have died in a corner covered in crumbs and been happy. But I know you do not give 7 shits about my cupcakes. You want to see what I wore. Because I only made the biggest deal about it since that stupid Kardashian shoe club.

That is me. In the grass. In my slutty preg outfit. Complete with outie belly button and nipples photshopped out. My body looks like the face of a surprised asian girl. And you can’t see the shoes but they are leopard flats. To be fair to fashion, I started the day out in black leather ankle booties. That lasted 30 seconds. Literally. I came in and threw on those flats right away.

In terms of my rental dresses, I ended up returning the blue and the red and keeping the gray and the green. Which one got the final rose, was a last minute call. But I’m happy with my choice. I liked that my boobs weren’t in everyone’s face. And I’m proud of that gigando bump. Although I was asked if I was having twins. I chose not to choke her though.

The jewelry was a tough call. I rented a bunch from Rent the Runway with mah points. I wore none of it. Instead I got this gem from Bauble Bar. Their jewelry is cute and not expensive. Although it’s not ALL like super Kate Middleton quality. It’s more like Nicki Minaj quality. Which I’m ok with.

The sprinkle itself was great. We kept it really small and only invited people who I really wanted to be there. Also I have 7 friends total. So that idea worked out great. But my favorite part of the shower was my regular strength friends colliding with my hippie friends. I’ll show you some of the differences.

Non hippie gift.

Handmade hippie gifts.

Yes, I cried. 30 times. The hippies also gave me more cloth diapers and handmade jewelry with Yoshe’s birthstone and a card detailing the  magical powers that the stones will give us. Everyone was really jealous that they didn’t have hippie friends of their own.

We also painted onesies.

Non hippie onesie.

Hippie onesie.

Really, I can’t lose.

And now some more pictures just because I’ll never look like this again. EVER. Note to shower attendees: pictures here were chosen solely based on how good I looked in them.

Scrubs for G! Do you die? Get them here

And yes, this also made me cry. Because of the matching onesie that says “You make me happy when skies are gray”. (secret: B cried too when he saw it). Get it here

And that’s it friends. My last “thing”  until Yoshe shows her face in my lady parts. The countdown is on. We are at 5 weeks as of today. Thanks for virtually attending mah sprankle. Your presence did not go unnoticed.

massive modg

this also happened.

meow.

POSTED IN: Awesome things,babies,Eating Innapropriately,Halloween,hippie stuff,MODG,Preg Stuff,Sharing,Stuff I like

Brianna October 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I want a sprinkle, but I don’t think I have any friends. At least not those that are like BABYTHEWORLD. Sad.

Lara October 7, 2012 at 2:15 pm

You look incredibly gorgeous! I love the t and matching onesie, I must look into those. Happy mah sprankle!

Kate October 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Loved the cat. That thing needs to make more cameos.

Also, I’m 8 days over due and hating people in general, so I’m doing rain dances and animal sacrifices for you that you don’t go over. Hang in there.

Lauren @ T&G October 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I am also 8 days over and verbally accosted someone at BRU yesterday (but she really did deserve it). Getting induced on Tuesday if baby doesn’t get it together before then. I asked the dr and he confirmed that some people simply lack whatever mechanism is needed to go into labor… Considering I’ve been having strong contractions and been dilated for 3 weeks, I’m willing to believe that I could be in this group of people. So much for holding out so that I could have a med-free birth.

Veralynn @ Joie de V October 7, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Lauren!

I know it totally sucks being overdue, but my son was born at 41 weeks and 6 days and I was not induced. It is perfectly normal to go to 42 weeks and it is effin’ uncomfortable, but you can still go for your med-free birth! Don’t rule it out yet!

Lauren October 7, 2012 at 11:14 pm

You might consider seeing a prenatal chiropractor to make sure that baby is in a good position!! :) Blessings on your birth and baby!

Jessica October 12, 2012 at 10:25 am

I was induced with my first and went into labor at 8 days over with my second (cannot imagine anyone has ever been more excited to see blood in the bathroom). I told them I would go to 42 weeks before I let them induce me. I started to feel convinced my body was incapable of doing it on its own. Here’s what I think ultimately kicked things off:

.acupuncture
.chinese food and sex (in that order, gross I know, but it was recommended by a nurse)
.primrose oil caplets and black cohosh ingested orally.
.walking
.letting go of the outcome

My thoughts are with you!

DM's Mommy October 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Congrats and can’t wait to see pictures of your new baby! Thanks for keeping us on your journey :) Love the pictures of your shower but I have to admit: the cat brought the biggest smile for me! Ha ha! If only I could convince my husband a cat is less work than a dog I’d be set! That and we need one more (we’re at two: a 5-yr old boy and a 3-yr old girl)………I’m working on that part!

DM's Mommy October 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm

That sounds bad doesn’t it? The cat only brought the biggest smile b/c your son was not in any of the pictures. He is wayyy cuter than the cat :)

demi October 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm

you look beautiful! it looked like a fab sprinkle. can’t wait to see that baby!!! :)

Amanda October 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm

You look super good! And not like you are having twins!

Amanda October 7, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Also wanted to add— glad I voted for the gray!

Leslie October 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

There better be more information about that methed-out forthcoming.

Leslie October 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

*methed out CAT, I meant to say.

Jennifer Jenkins October 7, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I wondered about the nipple dots but it all made sense when you said they were photo shopped out! I too had to laugh at “yeah that happened too” cat. Your posts always make my day!

Amy October 7, 2012 at 3:41 pm

You should have told me…I would have sent cookies! And you look fab.

Andrea October 7, 2012 at 3:46 pm

This is a great post, sprinkle looks fun.. and the cat picture had me in stitches!

tara October 7, 2012 at 4:04 pm

you look amazing!! love the dress choice! (and not just because i voted for it…) and i also care very much about the cupcakes. mmmm cupcakes.

the you are my sunshine t shirt and matching onesie almost made me cry. too cute.

PhillyBee October 7, 2012 at 4:50 pm

YES! So happy you wore the grey and the chunky necklace.

Also glad you wore flats. I’m 23, single and not preg but if you had had photos of you in heels I would already have felt the pressure to be a hot preg like you when the time comes!!

Good luck with the vag exiting ceremony girlfriend. Can’t wait to see her! x

Erica V October 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm

You’re sprinkle looked great!!! Good luck n safe delivery, we will all be waiting for the baby pictures.

Ps. You cat is awesome :0

leslie October 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm

you look wonderful! I was rooting for the grey dress all along, it looks fabulous. :)

Jessica October 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I totally voted for that dress and jewelry from bauble bar. You look gorgeous MODG!

Rebecca October 7, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’m pissed cuz I didn’t vote for that dress. I’m going to go pout now. (sprinkle looks adorable though)

Becky Mochaface October 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

You look beautiful.

colleen October 8, 2012 at 6:49 am

you look so pretty modg! i’m so excited for you to have a little girl – congrats!

Heather October 8, 2012 at 8:12 am

I love those leopard shoes…and yours. LOL hilarious cat picture!

kat October 8, 2012 at 8:56 am

haha LOVE IT. Isn’t it always a good time to watch your different friends come together and interact? Sometimes I find it amusing, other times tiring. Oh and I always choose photos based on how good I looked in them. Although I do wish that you would identify hippie vs non hippie friends in photos….or hold a guessing contest.

Rachel October 8, 2012 at 9:07 am

so, i’m obsessed with the t-shirt and matching onesie and i went to the etsy shop to look around. ZOMG PLEASE BUY THIS!

mommylisa October 8, 2012 at 10:50 am

OMG – make me CRY on a Monday will ya! Damn that was a mighty fine sprinkle. Happy for you!

KRysta October 8, 2012 at 11:19 am

A. you looked super cute.
B. that last picture is exactly why cats freak me out

Sue October 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You. Look. Amazing. AMAZING. Looks like a perfect day and shower, and the, “you are my sunshine” tees- so sweet! I had stenciled that song around my first daughter’s nursery:)

Brandy October 8, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I like how the mommy + baby shirts have gone from 19 available to 12 available since last night :) I knew I’d better be quick about ordering because I wasn’t the only reader drooling!

Brandy October 9, 2012 at 7:52 am

Down to one now. I knew it!

Morgan October 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I just have to say how FABULOUS you look. I had my last shower on Saturday (due the same time as you) and literally had a meltdown 5 min before we were to leave the house. Standing around in my undies, crying, feeling like a cow kind of meltdown. Best wishes the last few weeks!

Katie @ mommy brain blog October 8, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I feel dumb for voting for the blue dress because you look amazing in this one! Also, the cat I had as a kid enjoyed climbing up screen doors as well. Sometimes he would get to the very top and wait for someone to open the door so he could jump on their head. Cats are the best.

Megan October 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

You look great. And I don’t get the twins thing. You’re not that big.

Shan October 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Beautiful perfect sprinkle. Cheers to your friends. Love the leopard flats, you look great!

Elisa October 9, 2012 at 3:30 pm

You look lovely, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Also, the gal who asked if you were having twins must be completely and utterly clueless. I hope you lovingly stuffed a cupcake in her mouth ;-)

Jessica October 9, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Love the dress, love the shoes, love the world’s colliding (hippie/not) and LOVE the sunshine tee and onesie. Though none of it as much as I love the freaking cat at the end. DIED laughing. Happy Sprahnkle, sending you great birth vibes.

Leyna October 9, 2012 at 11:40 pm

This reminds me I had a question for you about cloth diapering! Are you going to start from day 1 this time or wait until Yoshe grows into the ones you already have? If you ARE starting earlier, which kind?

Well, you look amazing. And you look ready for an awesome VBAC. You can doooo eeeeeeet!

mrs. limestone October 10, 2012 at 9:26 am

You look ridiculously gorgeous. I hate you! :)

Emily October 10, 2012 at 8:51 pm

You look amazing! Love the grey dress. It looks like it was a great shower. I LOL’d at the cat picture. My husband didn’t get it. Loser.

Sprinklewho? October 10, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Dude. Your nipples were totally the first thing I looked at. Not gonna lie. You didn’t do a very good job and photoshopping them out. Still not lying.

Helen October 13, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Just stumbled across your wonderful blog whilst googling whether Tracy Anderson post preggers work out actually works, I completed the workout today for the 6th time in 10 days don’t ache too much but by god I can’t believe i no longer can do the plank after pregnancy, that will be my first mile stone. Then being able to lift both legs at the same time whilst laying on my back and so on… After seeing your video from her dance work in seriously thinking of purchasing that too as it looks like my lil bub would enjoy laughing at mummies wobbly bits jiggling around. Anyway back to the point not many things I read make me laugh out loud but as your blog is one if them I just wanted to send my appreciation and look forward to your next instalment.
Good luck with your new arrival xx

rebecca October 13, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Ok, I keep trying to send this to you through your contact page but it keeps not going through… that or it does keep going through and now I have sent this to you 18 times and I look like a crazy person. Anyway, saw this, thought of you:

Lisa @bitesforbabies October 14, 2012 at 9:12 am

You looked stunning! And I LOVE those onesies!!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy…Im due myself in 7 weeks so I’m in the same position as you! ;-)

Melissa October 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I don’t even know you but have started reading your blog after a friend recommended. Really enjoy it! You are very funny. Just had my 3rd baby so I relate to how you are feeling right now – get out of me!!! Anyway, you look beautiful (I really think all pregnant women do). PS – I love Rent the Runway also. Good luck!

Alicia October 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I LOVE the tshirts!! What size did they order you? The Etsy site says they run small. You have great friends, the sprinkle looked so fun! Congrats!

Megan November 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I’m behind on my MODG reading because I’m vapid and childless and have been indulging in tequila binges more so than keeping up with my blog reading.

That’s actually not true. Sometimes I just skip MODG because it makes me feel less funny. Because I can read those dumbshit Young House Cup of Perfect Wedding Chicks blogs and dismiss those skinny bitches because PLEASE. But MODG is real and real is scary.

I’m not even pregnant and I’m spewing this kind of rage. If I were pregnant, be certain that I would’ve wet my pants five times over when that cat popped up on my screen. I laughed so hard that I woke up my lazy ass boyfriend from his slumber. But he probably deserves that because it’s 9pm and he’s asleep on the couch and I still have to cleanup the dishes from dinner.

Asshole.

May your final pregnant days be scrumptious! It has never looked less glamorous or more real. Represent!