Dear Persons who installed Unbaby.me on Facebook

Hi!. I heard you don’t want to see babies anymore on your facebook feed and you downloaded this new app that blocks baby faces and replaces them with things like cats and dogs. It’s cool, I get it. You’re young, hot, hip and with it. I can tell by the 300 pictures that I’ve seen on you in your bikini on the beach from all different angles. I don’t know how you get your arms to stretch like that, but way to go. Looking at babies is SO not part of your scene. I mean what if one of your friends actually caught you with a picture of a baby on your monitor? Can you even imagine? Shit would get real. They would definitely ban you from the next group Halloween. I know! And you were SO excited to dress up like slutty crayons AGAIN. And I really wanted to see those pictures. Again.

(photo from wtfcostumes.com)

But listen, honestly, I do get it. You are in a different part of your life than I am. You don’t actually have a baby. So why would you want to see a baby? Like I don’t  have a dog so I don’t really feel like seeing your dog on your bed “smiling” for the camera and you quoting his thoughts: “Sparky LOVES to be a cuddle bug!”. But tell me what you are ok with seeing so I can post more pictures of that. Food that I’ve cooked from Pinterest? Motivational Someecards that say things like “I hate big boobs, said no one ever” hahaha. See how funny I am? Oh wait, how about just more pictures of my cat. You like that. I know this because the option on Ubaby.me is to replace pictures of babies with actual cats. This I get. If anything says cool and hip, it’s being a Cat Lady.

You know, we’re not that different though now that I think about it. I’ve shown you pictures of my baby covered in mud, stumbling along as he learns to walk with his shirt off because it got all wet in the hose. That was totally JUST like your Saturday night, right? I know because I saw it. On Facebook. I just didn’t have any sort of app to not see it. But it’s ok, that’s who you are. And you’re my real friend. Because Facebook says we are.

I was there. I posted that shit before I had a baby. We bonded over my 500 girl night out pictures. You saw me mirror posing to get the perfect I’mnottryingtobegorgeousbutIreallyam face and then instantly make it my profile picture.

You saw pictures of my sore feet in my LAMB shoes with a dollar bill stuffed in them, just because.

You even saw me wear costumes to 7-11 because that’s what cool hip people without babies do. And you know what? You didn’t complain. That makes you tops in my book.

But now I’m a mom. Wah Wah…. I have kids. BLAH. I am pregnant. BOOOO. I am despicable. I don’t want the pictures of the happiest thing in my whole life to clog up your facebook feed. You need to have room to see what everyone is listening to on Spotify. Duh.

So enjoy your new found unbaby.me freedom. I’m going right now to download unrepublican.me, unbebetop.me, unironichipsterglasses.me and unpicturesofyourdinner.me. I’m going to replace all of those things with pictures of babies.

Yay. Now we can all be the exact type of friend that we want. Clones of ourselves.

HOLLA TO YO BOYZ,

I would super love if you could post in the comments what you would like to un____.me. Some of my favorites so far are unjesus.me and unposthowmanymilesyourun.me. Please continue this sort of thing as it makes me very happy. Thank you.

POSTED IN: babies,I love cats and if you don't you can bite me.,Not Pleased,You think you know but you have no idea

Lulu August 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Do you think unbebetopme.me is a subsidiary of unduckface.me Worldwide, LLC?

Katie @ mommy brain blog August 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Bahaha! I would LOVE an unduckface.me app! WHY won’t this pose just go away? I have a cousin a lot younger than me who lives in another country, and I honestly don’t really know what she actually looks like because ALL the photos she posts are of her with duckface lips!

Sara August 24, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I feel like every decent person in the world is burdened with one of those duckface cousins a lot younger than them. Or the male alternative: the lax bro with a tough expression on his precious little blonde head.

Emily August 25, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I just tried to figure out how to “like” this. Sleep deprived.

Meagan{Green Motherhood} August 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I would like unpoliticalcampaign.me because that shiz is getting out of hand. Your 490 political posts are not going to sway my opinions. No matter what side you’re on.

Kerri August 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm

That is so good.

Kate August 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I like unrepublican.me. You would do well to purchase that URL. There should also be an unduckface.me.

Cassie August 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm

OH MY GOD. I was going to write the same exact thing. The duckface? Not so hot. Keep on sucking on boys and you’ll end up posting all kinds of photos of those babies soon, too.

J August 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

MODG, you are hilarious and I love you. That is all.

Hillary August 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Pure genius. Loved this post.

JJ August 24, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I have an acquaintance on FB who installed this, after excessively complaining about people posting pictures of “horrifying creatures” and “contents of ladyparts”. Apparently some people just can’t handle reproduction.

Christ August 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm

hands down….one of your best posts ever…. :)

Kelly August 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I need unrepublican.me ASAP!!!

ilikebeerandbabies.com August 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm

undouche.me, sounds in order here.

Sara August 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I fucking love you.

M August 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

ahahahahah! so well written – hysterical.

Andrea August 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm

LOL Love this post. I wish there was an app that put actually duck bills on all those ‘duck face’ photos! Or granny panties on skanky hoes. Sparkle on, MODG!

Allie August 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Are there honestly that many people that can’t stand to look at babies? I don’t care what phase of life you’re in, I’m pretty sure that’s a sign you have no soul. If you are tempted to download that app you should go check a mirror to make sure you still have a reflection. Also please try and resist the urge to kick puppies.

The Other Jen August 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I thought my day was made by MODG’s post, and then I read the comments, and it somehow got even better.

I love our MODG club.

HeatherRose August 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Where does one go about getting Unrepublican.me, and can it be used in reverse to make offensive family members stop being idiot Republicans?

Sara August 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm

My SIL downloaded it because she is dealing with infertility. Be a little more sensitive. Unsubscribe.

MODG August 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

you know that typing unsubscribe in the comments won’t actually unsubscribe you from anything right? Like this isn’t your email.
Just checking.

L August 24, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Your response to Sara’s post is kind of rude. She was making a good point.

Sincerely,

Another infertile woman in pain

MODG August 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

L and Sara,
See my post below. I am sorry for the issues you are dealing with but it’s hard for me to take this sort of debate seriously on a VERY sarcastic post clearly not directed to infertile women. Go to the app site. It says “to block your friend’s annoying kids”.

kim August 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love reading all your stuff, and I agree in general… but as someone also dealing with infertility, I’ve seriously considered the app. Seeing everyone else’s fantastically adorable babies sucks big time when you can’t get preg. I feel like every day I find out yet another friend who has a new adorable little one. I’d never do it, though. I just love babies and all their cuteness too much, even if it makes me insanely jealous.

Brittany August 24, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m dealing with infertility. Yes, it sucks that all of my friends are having babies when I can’t. But I adore their children, and I love seeing their photos. I also understood where this post was coming from. But as always, you’re so awesome that some people just can’t handle it and have to get defensive. Keep being amazing sparkles MODG. <3

Hillary August 24, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I struggled with infertility for years before conceiving the baby I’m currently pregnant with so I get that it can be tough to see acquaintances popping them out on Fertilebook. You know that on FB you can just block pictures from particular users, right? Then you can still see their updates but don’t see photos unless you go to their wall. Or you can block people without unfriending them if you can’t bear their posts either. You don’t need a weird app that makes a big deal out of it. Because what if you don’t want to see Candy Your Sort-of-Friend from the High School Cheerleading Squad 15 Years Ago’s brood of six adorable rugrats but you do want to see your new nephew? The app will fail you. It is dumb and designed to make people with kids feel bad about their lives for being so “boring.”

Katrina August 24, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I agree. I haven’t dealt with infertility so perhaps I am off base, but it seems like blocking pictures or blocking posts from your feed is probably a better way of taking care of the situation than, you know, replacing babies with cats. I’d think the “baby removed” text would also be potentially upsetting.

And you have to fiddle with it a lot, too. It doesn’t automatically catch all baby pictures using magic. Seems like a lot of dwelling on something much easier accomplished via the FB interface if it is an actual problem.

Kim S. August 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm

wah! cry me a river.
such is life…. some people can have babies with a snap of their fingers, while others cant.
get over it.
If you cant see your friends being happy with their kids, and be happy for them, then you dont deserve to be their friend.

ashley August 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm

totally agree with you kim s.

S August 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Some people are just assholes on here. “Wah cry me a river” and “get over it”? That is just disrespectful and rude. I know the tone of this site isn’t always sensitive and I probably should expect people to be assholes on here, but it’s clear you’ve never had to deal with infertility by your comment.
I totally get the humor of MODG’s post and I don’t fault her at all for posting it. What is really bothering me is some of the comments like this, or the “life isn’t always fair!” ones. You do realize that you’re talking about not being able to have kids, right, and not a child not being able to get what they want at a store?

Cam August 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I agree with you too Kim. I ‘dealt with infertility’ for a long time myself and never once felt jealous of a loved one being ‘able to’ have kids. Why wouldn’t you be happy for someone else, wouldn’t you expect them to be happy for you in the same situation. Ok, I get that isn’t the point of this post AT ALL, but seriously, if you can’t be happy for people that have something you don’t….you need help.

Trbobitch August 24, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Ok, seriously? I mean, I’m sorry about your infertility issues, but don’t you think it’s a little messed up to hide pictures of babies because of it?? I mean, trying to erase the very existence of babies isn’t going to help you and really just serves to make you more bitter. I’m sure there is a healthier way to deal with your issues.

Besides that, she didn’t say “Dear Infertile Barren-Wombed Women Who Want to Hide Pictures of Babies”, did she?? THAT would be rude and insensitive. Get over yourselves.

Megan Rone August 24, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Why does everyone take this so personally? She is writing about an experience she is having, nothing to do with you or your infertility. Read this story for what it is- just a funny little anecdote. And get over yourself….

Lindsey August 25, 2012 at 1:23 pm

So because you’re infertile you hate babies now? That makes sense.

Katie August 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I just finished my 3rd round of IVF…and I thought it was funny.

A August 27, 2012 at 11:33 am

MODG is not sensitive to others. Her humor is based on snark, and is best when directed to her own life or clebrities rather than criticizing mundane decisions of her friends (ie this post and the bathing suit post). Personally as someone struggling with infertility I read this blog to remind myself that having a kid can be a huge pain in the ass and my life, here where I can have a job and go to the bathroom by myself, is not so bad. Whatever life brings, try to have a sense of humor about it, accept and never lose hope. But if you are looking for sensitivty, find another blog to read.

A August 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

Sorry Katie… My reply was meant for Sara… Failing internet 101 right here!

thereset August 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

hey, guess what, I JUST got knocked up after what felt like living at the infertility specialists office for months and months and months and months and months (after a year trying beforehand). I even got sad and teary eyed when modg posted she was pregnant. but GUESS WHAT. I didn’t stop reading her site. I didn’t stop being happy for what seemed like every person I’ve ever known become pregnant during my torment. infertility SUCKS. but so do republicans and people who talk incessantly about having a gluten intolerance and cats. I hate cats. but i don’t go searching for apps to block the things I hate. I still love and don’t block my republican friends and gluten friends and cat friends. also, sarcasm is fun and you should maybe look into it.

Brianne August 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Yay!! Finally someone with a brain! Congrats on the baby brewing :)

La Nina August 25, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Exactly!!! I’m starting to think ya’lls skin is dangerously thin up there in the north… SO sensitive!!!
Sarcasm is my most favorite form of comedic entertainment. As I’ve been reading modg since the polka-dot era, if she was targeting you, YOU WOULD KNOW! Also, Jesus is a reader, so don’t think he can’t appreciate the exaggerated irony.(http://www.modgblog.com/2010/11/16/dear-jesus-im-calling-bullshit-on-you-also-not-fair/)
And he loves babies & would never cover them up with cats!! haha (*not that I’m claiming to be a spokesperson)

AND Congratulations!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you and your new little family-on-the-way!

Jess August 25, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I would love an un.imsodrunkitakepicsofmyselfinatoiletstall.me, un.quotedpicthatwhencombinedmakesABSOLUTELYnosense.me, or un.i’msoattractiveiwilldislocatemyshouldertogetthispicthati’lllooklike”ihavenoideayoucaughtthisphotoofmestaringemotionallyoffintheotherdirection”justtohidethepain.me.

and this might just be a missouri thing but my sister just pointed out the un.tempurature.me (you know all the pics of how hot it is when you get in car and we ALL know how hot it is)

Wendi Kilbride August 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm

so where the hell can I find this unpicturesofyourdamnfood.com app?

Kate August 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm

THIS! Slow Clap.

Kristie C August 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Yes! Thank you for putting my feelings into words. <3

Lessons in Life and Light August 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Bwaaaahahaha! THANK YOU! The other day my husband was all, “If I see one more anti-child or anti-baby rant on Facebook, I’m gonna fucking come unglued.” Because, seriously. Get over yourself. It’s my child. Not my disgusting weird yellow toenail fungus. (And for the record, I do not have disgusting weird yellow toenail fungus.)

Lulu August 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I just feel like if people don’t want to see your baby or child on Facebook, then why are they your Facebook friend?!

nikki ann August 24, 2012 at 8:09 pm

@ lulu, because people arent happy unless they have something to complain about. i understand not wanting to see 50 pics of the same kid day after day week after week, some people do take it a bit far when it comes to posting pics of their kids but i still wudnt go find an app tht blocks them all. whoever doesnt like to see cute pics of cute kids definatly has something wrong with them. i can see both sides of the argument and i can find flaws in both sides as well but going back to my first statement, people jst arent happy unless they have something to complain about…..

Shannon Dew August 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm

is there an alwaysbabyface.me? because i love nothing more than a baby face. i’ll take that over a duck face, kissy face, drunk face, tongue sticking out face, innocent but not face, any day!

Gracie August 25, 2012 at 12:17 am

Kate August 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm

While I think that the anti-baby app is really silly, I also distinctly remember a time when I was single where I was SUPER paranoid that my young boyfriend would peek at my Facebook over my shoulder, see all the babies and immediately break up with me for fear that I liked babies too much and it was just TOO MUCH PREASSURE. Like seriously, that was a thought that went through my head. So, I could totally see my 20-year-old self installing an app like that in a desperate attempt to hide my make-believe crazy. Or real crazy.

In all seriousness, I have no idea why an app like that would even be necessary… I don’t have kids and I love seeing pictures and little videos of my friends’ kids, pets, foods, etc because I like my friends and I’m interested in their lives. I thought that’s what FB was for…

Sarah August 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

hi amanda. i love your blog, and i’ve never commented before, but i have to explain that some people do not want to see photos of babies because they are trying to have one and CAN’T. miscarriages, infertility, various other reasons… for people that can’t have a baby but desperately want one, going on facebook and seeing pictures of ultrasounds, pregnant bellies and newborns is really tough. i am pregnant now, but have suffered a miscarriage and have had unexplained fertility and i will not be posting a million photos of my pregnancy or even my baby when he/she arrives. unless you have gone through it, you would not understand. anyone can adopt a dog and take photos or post photos of a night out on the town. not everyone has success in getting pregnant and for those who can’t, it’s heartbreaking. i respectfully disagree with the points you’ve made in your post above.

MODG August 24, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I have people very close in my life going through infertility. But they still leave the house. They still see babies in real life, on tv, on their computers. Because babies live in the world. And they aren’t meant to offend you or anyone. The people that I know going through infertility specifically tell me that they would never want anyone to act any differently because they can’t have a baby. Because that makes them uncomfortable.
But this my friend (and I really hope you get this) is a very very sarcastic post. This is all about laughing at silly things that exist in the world. And I hope that you get that.

Sarah August 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I get that it’s sarcastic, however, it still bugged me anyway. I have right clicked and “unsubscribed” from friends wall posts because sometimes it gets to be too much. My point is that I can see how some people would want to hide that sort of thing especially if they are having a really bad day, week or month with infertility. I know babies live in the world and I’ve also had no trouble seeing friends babies or other babies around. Doesn’t change that sometimes facebook can make it seem like everyone else in the world has a baby and you don’t. I’m also at the age where everyone i know has babies so literally every single post and photo is about pregnancies and babies, and I found it very hard some days. Obviously, I don’t have to log on, but my point is to say that I did find myself unsubscribing from people’s feeds for the reason I stated above so I don’t think it’s that crazy to have a function to hide those types of things. That’s all, I get what you are saying and it was still a funny post regardless, just wanted to add my 2 cents :)

Allie August 24, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I can totally see where you are coming from, and I feel for you and others in a similar situation. That being said, looking at the site, it’s pretty clear that the point of unbabyme isn’t to help folks who are suffering. It’s so “Now you don’t have to look at all your friends’ annoying kids.” (From the website). I think that’s the point MODG is trying to make here -as the post is directed at the makers of unbabyme, not anyone in general.

Congratulations on your baby BTW!

Sarah August 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm

thanks! i honestly didn’t even click on it. i was just speaking from the fact that i’ve been there with not wanting to see the photos. :)

Britt August 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

This is perfect. Pretty much describes to a T why I got rid of Facebook. On the contrary, I’d like to add unbabycrowningoutofyourvag.me because I’ve just seen way too much of that too.

designstiles August 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Loved this! My husband is totally guilty of over posting food he cooks. I told him I was going to hide him if he didn’t keep it down to like once a month.

Krista August 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Um, my husband doesn’t cook and I think it’s really insensitive that your husband would post pictures of the food he cooks and that you get to eat. (totally kidding and 100% sarcastic) :)

Jasmine August 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

You make me laugh with this post and ALL of the sarcasm that is in it. I get you are not directing it at people with fertility issues. But those young, hip, narsisistic folks that dont get that there are people and things outside of bars, clubs, boyfriends and parties. Keep on being you!

Jill Stigs August 24, 2012 at 3:00 pm

People dealing with infertility should realize………hey, sometimes life isn’t fair. And if you are going to attempt scientific ways to try to conceive that is your CHOICE. It says a lot about your character if you are overly jealous of parents. And before you jump down my throat, know this– my 2 older sisters both lost full term babies (one went on to have 2 children and one that was a 2nd child and she chose to stop there), my little sister and I both had miscarriages before having children (her 3 and myself just 1)….does it suck? You bet. Do I wonder why crack heads and idiot teens have babies with seemingly no problem, of course. But, again, life isn’t always fair.

Julie August 24, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Wow.

april August 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Jill, what the hell does your response have to do with MODG’s post? You are right, life certainly isn’t fair but do you have to be so insensitive about what you just wrote about? I hope you didn’t tell your 2 sisters who lost their babies that “life just isn’t fair.” And no, I am not infertile.

Jill Stigs August 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm

My comment was NOT directed at MODG’s post, but rather the earlier comments. I feel bad for infertile couples. Loss of life is a terrible thing, and when there is no answer you look to find one. In my case life isn’t fair is accurate.

Erin August 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I loved this “Yay. Now we can all be the exact type of friend that we want. Clones of ourselves,” but I have to agree with some other commenters. At 30 years old, ALL of my good friends are having babies. Me? I married a man 25 years older than me who has 3 daughters and a vasectomy. I love him. I hope he will always be “enough” for me to not regret not having the option to have a child. But seeing 250 “bump” shots and seventy thousand baby shots of my friends most joyous creation (which is really only THAT joyous to THEM) is really obnoxious. Since I’m self-aware, I understand that it’s MY problem that it’s obnoxious to me, so it is MY option to download an app like that. I don’t think it should be considered offensive (and I think you should probably look into capitalizing on some of those other apps you mentioned – I’m sure they’d make a huge profit). Thank god I only have my FB to stalk people once or twice a month…otherwise, I may just have downloaded that anti-baby app. Everyone might be wise to tone down all kinds of picture posting on FB including babies, drinks and slutty-ho shit. I think this technology is making everyone just a weeee bit self-obsessed/involved, babies or boozing.

Aside: I’d love to download unrepublicanme, but someone always told me to know my enemy and keep them close ;)

Jen @ Ginger Guide August 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm

If someone could get on the unrepublican.me thing ASAP I would be eternally in your debt. I would also like to block people having fun on the beach in Greece because I can’t go or doing all these things I can’t do because I can’t afford them…..oh no wait….I’m happy for my friends when they get to do fun things even if I can’t. Amazing! I get that people are sensitive about babies if they’re having issues but if you are “friends” with these people, there’s no reason you can’t be happy for them. I don’t block people because they post pics of their grandma and mine died, or of them shopping when we are barely scraping by because my husband got laid off and the economy is in the shitter. Unless they’re directly rubbing it in my face, I somehow move on with my life…that thing that exists away from Facebook.

Jill Stigs August 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm

well said!

MODG August 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Great points Jen

Krista August 24, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Bingo. And how does replacing a baby’s face with the face of an animal make it any less painful?

Kelly August 24, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Umm, If you install this app and you start to see see fuzzy cat heads, you still fucking know there’s a baby behind the cat heads. So how would that do any good? Like those idiots who set their clocks 5 minutes fast and then claim they forget that it’s set 5 minutes fast EVERY DAY. No you don’t. You know what time it is. AKA you know those cats are babies.

I’m reading these comments horrified that people can find ways to be whiny about even the most delightfully sarcastic and snarky posts. and AMEN AMEN AMEN- to what Jen said about grandma’s and shopping. Grow up, people.

cort August 24, 2012 at 7:03 pm

BAHAHA! You know what time it is! Love it.

La Nina August 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

LOL!! YES!!! I am one of those people & I TOTALLY know!
& yes, my gramma died – your’s is still absolutely precious!
& I haven’t been shopping in recent memory – If I like your brand new stilettos, I’ll still ask where you got them!

Shannon August 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Well said Jen! And isn’t one of the points of Facebook to post about what is going on in your life? I know for me, right now my kid is what is going on in my life so it’s only natural to want to post about him. And even though I’m sure there are plenty of people on my friend list that could care less about seeing photos of him there are also plenty of friends and family that do want to see those photos. It’s very easy to hide a post or all posts from a specific person without using an app like this, though if you are in your late 20′s or older you will most likely have to hide 75% of the people on your FB feed if looking at babies or hearing about babies/kids is too difficult or annoying.

nikki ann August 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!

A August 24, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Dear MODG,

Perhaps some of us aren’t fortunate to have children ourselves, and seeing them on FB is a painful reminder of that.

I understand that you think we have to go on living our lives, but cancelling out photos can be self-protection without limiting YOU from posting photos.

Harumph.
A Dedicated Reader

MODG August 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

please see my billion responses to comments like this above

A August 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I read them, and I get that you’re being sarcastic. But, your replies are what have frustrated me.

I agree with your close friends– I don’t want anyone to act differently. Enjoy your babies. Kiss them a thousand times for me. But when I get my period yet again, I’d like to check out on FB and not be contstantly reminded that I’m infertile.

MODG August 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm

More power too you then. Seriously. I’m happy this app exists for you. But this post again, was not for you. Nor directed at you. I’m sure you can see that.

A August 24, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Of course– I only took issue with your replies to others who voiced the same concern.

Peace to you… Will keep reading your blog and rooting for your family.

Margie August 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I can’t afford to go on vacation or renovate my house and yet I still look at everyone’s damn vaca and home renovation pics. Life isn’t always fair and we tend to be envious of what others have. Human nature. But I’m not online reading home renovation blogs. If infertility is an issue, this probably isn’t the blog for you.

Kelsi August 24, 2012 at 3:30 pm

AMEN MARGIE!

A August 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I’m going to completely ignore your rediculous comparison and just point out I sent well-wishes to MODG after our conversation.

Shannon August 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

While I feel for any woman going through infertility and loss, if it’s too painful to even see photos of your friends and family’s children on Facebook (which I can understand) why are you reading a “mommy”blog?

Tia August 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Agreed! And why aren’t these people doing the obvious…if you don’t like what you see on Facebook, you can always delete your account.

S August 24, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Lol at your comparisons. I’m sorry, but wanting a vacation home and a baby are two way different things. It’s just ridiculous to think that comparison would even work but nice try.

Julialifeisart August 24, 2012 at 4:12 pm

UnPeopleWhoDontGetJokes.me

Heather August 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Amen. That escalated way too quickly. Aaaand now I’m an emotional robot for not empathizing with every person on the planet.

Jamie August 24, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Out of gross curiosity- do the slutty crayons know you’ve posted a photo of them on your personal blog and made fun of them to thousands of people? It always skeevs me out when someone posts other people’s personal photos without telling them. It’s happened to me before, too, so…. It’s just kind of shitty. That’s all.

Brittany August 24, 2012 at 3:38 pm

My rule of thumb is that if I don’t want it reposted or made fun of, I don’t post it on the internet.

Megan August 25, 2012 at 8:50 am

This. Right here. A million Internets for you. Have you met my Grandmother?

Regina Phalange August 24, 2012 at 3:22 pm

How about untellmeabouthowmanymilesyoujustran.me?

This may be my favorite post ever.

Michelle August 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I have three IVF babies. While seeing others kids never bothered me personally, it’s always difficult to see “everyone else” get/have/enjoy what you want most in this world but can’t. I can see how those currently dealing with infertility would be a little offended at being lumped in with your description of those who use unbabyme. There was nothing more hurtful to me than people mistaking my not having kids as not wanting them.

Julie August 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Facebook? Are people still wasting time on that shit?

M August 24, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Kelsi August 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Excellent points. I have sympathy for all of the ladies out there having fertilty issues, I have many family members and friends struggling just the same. I’m 22 and got preg on accident, but that’s life. I’m the only one in my close circle of friends with a child and they don’t understand why I just posted a picture of my son skinny dipping in his baby pool (boy parts censored of course), but I don’t care. If they don’t like my pics and baby posts they can suck it…I don’t comment on their “Dubya was a genius” posts, because obviously he wasn’t but I am a grown up.

For all of you doggin this post: your pain is unbearable I’m sure and I can’t imagine what you’re going thru, but this is meant to be a light, funny post. Please get over it already!

Keep on keepin on MODG! This was a great! :)

Elissa August 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm

As someone who suffered through infertility and loss, PLEASE. I agree that the app is stupid and was developed as a “We are to hip for kids” mentality. When I was dealing with my losses and stuggles, EVERY type of happiness on FB hurt. You bought a house? I lost a baby. You got cute shoes at DSW on sale? I lost a baby. You are super sad because Target was out of Chubby Hubby? I LOST A BABY. FB is not a support group, it’s a cesspool of LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. It is easy enough to hide posts from a certain person if they are overloading on the babies. I do have one now and I am conscious of the number of photos I post, but some of my mom-friends are even getting to be too much for me. And doesn’t the fact that they just replace the photo with a cat defeat the point? You still KNOW they are posting a baby picture, you just can’t see it. And you still KNOW that your friend has a kid–are you going to avoid their summer cookouts so you don’t have to see babies? AND, you are not blocking status updates that say “Pookie rolled over today, OMG I loooove my baby gurl.” Which to me is worse that a silent photo.

In closing, a)the app is meant to be funny in blocking “annoying kids,” not as a personal emotion protector; b) MODG was presenting the irony of an app blocking kids when there are a billion other annoying things on facebook; c) You can’t block everything in your life when you go through something painful–if you want to, then I would suggest starting with the deletion of your facebook account; d) if you want to use the app to shield yourself, then just do it–but don’t try to call out others who point out how much we have allowed our lives to be run by apps.

MODG, I am totally with you on this one.

ashley August 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm

AGREED! very good points here Elissa.

Anna August 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Some good points. I would also like to add that the entire tone of the App is ANTI-CHILDREN. Which both the fertile and non-fertile camps in this issue are most certainly not…so I really don’t get why anyone defends this app.

Keri August 24, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Perfectly said.

Kate August 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

This couldn’t be more true. I had a miscarriage and it didn’t matter what it was or wasn’t, I was going to be hurt. It just does.

Kat August 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Does it hurt your feelings that people don’t want to see your baby? Like shouldn’t everyone in the world want to see your baby? And if they don’t you will get snarky on the internet and think you’re funny? And screw the people whose feelings you hurt — toughen up, right? Oh, just being sarcastic.

A August 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Thank you.

Hillary August 24, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Why be Facebook friends with someone if a huge part of their life repels you?

Dragonwagon August 25, 2012 at 12:26 am

A+

Anne August 25, 2012 at 11:51 pm

This.

Dominique August 24, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I totally love baby pics…except ones with food all over the kid’s face. “Guess who just ate peas (or yams, oatmeal, cake, etc)?!?!” Who gives a fark, and why do I want to see your kids regurgitated/mouth-missed peas? I have no idea why parents think this is adorable. Barf.

Trbobitch August 24, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Because it IS. It’s just food, and YOU did it once.

Leah August 24, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Why do you care? People don’t want to look at your baby, what’s the big deal? I’m sure a nice undrunkphoto.me app would come in handy too. In fact all those apps would probably make Facebook less devisive and more fun for everyone. A Facebook page is a big “Look at me! Look at me!” forum. Maybe I don’t wanna look, maybe I just want to occasional stalk your vacation photos or see if a freind of a friend is your friend. Sheesh. I hope you don’t check my google reader to see I only read your ultra rediculous posts and none of the yo-she ones. God forbid I’m not interested in everything that squirts out of everyone of your orifices. So I’m not impressed unless its rediculous, amusing or scandalous, deal lady.

Ps, I am not on Facebook and feel free not to read my blog. Won’t phase me a bit. Now make some ms paint pictures and post something that amuses me again.

Trbobitch August 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Learn how to spell RIDICULOUS ;-)

Katrina August 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm

This.

General call out to all the internets: if you’re trying to be a blogger, step one should maybe be comedy, but step two should definitely be learning to spell correctly.

Leah August 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Oops I’m posting from my phone. Sorry I’m not spelling correctly, don’t really think it detracts a ton from the point but thanks spelling police. Not trying to be a blogger. Just blogging about life. Not looking for followers, it’s not really fun or funny.

Just saying be all self righteous about your own self promoting (or baby promoting) on Facebook is dumb.

Katrina August 24, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Spelling incorrectly (or posting an incoherent sentence, like your last one) always, always, always detracts from the point. It makes the person posting look uneducated and ignorant. Spelling isn’t hard. If you want your point of view to be taken seriously, you should take it seriously enough to spell it correctly. Medium matters.

The Other Jen August 26, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Haha…I started reading MODG because she blogged about stuff that comes out of her orifaces. Don’t lie – so did the rest of you. Does no one remember the cleanse post?

I have one: unpostmylifeisahotmess.me

Kristen August 24, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I need the unrepublican.me. I cannot handle political shit on facebook.

And for the haters – WHY are you reading this blog if you A.) Don’t have a sense of humor and B.) Can’t handle seeing other people’s babies. This is a freaking mommy blog that happens to be VERY sarcastic.

Oy vey, people!

Kelley August 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Wow, when I saw “60 comments”, I thought “awesome, more hilariousness!”. These comments totally took a turn I did not expect.

Kristy August 24, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I was just thinking the exact same thing!

Chris August 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Agreed!!!

M August 25, 2012 at 7:13 am

God, same here. These comments sucked.

SER August 26, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Kelley – right on!

Dayle August 25, 2012 at 8:46 am

I absolutely agree. I want unWhinyPreachyFeelMyPainOrFeelMyWrathAsICommentOnYourBlogThatIDontHaveRoReadMe

The Other Jen August 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Agreed. Seriously, bring back the hilariousness. Here, I’ll help:

Confession Sunday Afternoon:

Sometimes when dealing with the kids gets too stressful or I’m feeling selfish, I’ll tell my husband I have to go to the bathroom. I’ll go in there with my cell phone, my Kindle, and a good magazine and I’ll just hang out for a good 20-30 minutes. He doesn’t knock and I don’t tell. This often coincides with the baby pooping/feeding/laundry-folding time.
If he gets too close to the door, I’ll flush for good measure.

Katie E. August 24, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Wow, there are so many people who are angry about this. I enjoyed the post, and skimmed over the manufactured Interwebs outrage. Love the slutty crayons!

i'm_man_no_understand August 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm

omg, you are so much more sarcastic than everybody else that you win the sarcastic tournament. not only that you’re sarc is so much sarchard than other sarchard people that you probably will end up being the most sarcastic mom ever AND win awards for it.

on the other hand, you’re an entrepreneur and i really admire and applaud what you’ve done with this site. it’s my first time seeing it. and i definitely chortled on this post. bitches gotta grow up someday right? and you have. but you’ve kept your sarcasm, so good for you modg. #sarchard #snarkwars

KB August 24, 2012 at 4:05 pm

How exactly did this post turn into MODGhatespeoplewithinfertilityissues? Come on. I enjoyed the post until I read the comments. Yuck, people. Yuck. If you’re so sensitive you really should probably stop using the internet completely. Good sarcastic post, MODG, as usual!

Kat August 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I think it happened when she started responding to the comments.

Jamie August 24, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Echoing the people who asked why the women so hurt by friends’ photos of their children are reading a mommy blog. Enough righteous indignation, ladies.

Katie @ mommy brain blog August 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Thanks for a hilarious post, MODG! Facebook is all about telling the world how awesome you are, right? So if your awesome is your adorable baby (definitely the case for me), then Facebeook is there as a vehicle for you to flaunt it. If your awesome is your incredible beach bod in a string bikini in Cabo, then Facebook is there for you, too. People who are “sick of seeing babies” probably don’t realize that a lot of moms are “sick of seeing hotter younger girls with their hot bikinis and abs” on Facebook? The dads are probably not as sick of this, but that’s another story… I say flaunt your awesome whatever it may be! I’ve got lots of cute baby photos to show you, but dude, I am SO jealous of other friends posting awesome travel photos from Croatia, Africa, Asia, etc., especially when the people in the photos look super hot and stress-free… I think if you’re not into people showing off what they got, whatever it may be, Facebook is a tough place to spend time.

Tia August 24, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I lost my first baby…and while it sucked, I still was on Facebook, I still saw babies on the internet and real life, and I still continued to live life and move on. Oh, and I still would have LOVED reading this post. People need to be more realistic. Saying that you don’t want to see babies on Facebook is as insensitive as you claim the people who post these photos to be. I now have two beautiful daughters…and I don’t give a rat’s ass if some people don’t like seeing my photos, or can’t stand to read another mommy status update. That’s my life…and that’s what people put on Facebook…their lives!! There’s always the unsubscribe, unfriend, and delete account buttons.

Elissa August 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Exactly.

Annakath August 24, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Fabulous post MODG! I think if seeing pictures of babies and anything baby related is too painful to see than maybe facebook isn’t the place to be. One word…..Deactivate! Trust me seeing all the political BS is enough to make me go bat-shiz crazy…but I realize that comes with being on Facebook so I just ignore it and by-pass it and sometimes laugh my ass of at it. Basically… you have a choice to indulge in whatever you want..you can choose to look at things or not to. But being bitter about your own personal situation and being resentful at those who have something you don’t really isn’t going to solve anything…We all know what we signed up for when we subscribed to Facebook…..its’ a glorified place to gloat or brag about yourself…it should be called Bragbook quite frankly….For those struggling to have a baby, my heart truly goes out to you…but if you are blessed in the future with a baby, which I hope you are…I am willing to bet you are gonna post the shiz out of pictures of your bundle of joy because you are proud of them and love them to death, are you NOT??

Elissa August 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Dear People Who Chose to Read MODGBlog,

Remember that one post where she made fun of that one thing? Yeah? Did you laugh at the irony of the world? I know, I did too. But guess what–chances are someone out there disagrees with her view and felt hurt by the post. But guess what again–this is HER blog for HER views. You chose to read the posts. Have I agreed with everything she has even written? NOPE. But have I laughed/forwarded certain posts? YEP.

You can laugh and one post and disagree wholeheartedly with another, but you don’t get to attack her and judge her, call her insensitive, etc. Because the post last year that you commented on and complemented her view point? It was about a topic that I am VERY sensitive about. Did I start a comment war? NO. The world is full of opinions. So I apologize for agreeing with her on this one, even though you think it is hurtful. But don’t you owe me an apology for applauding her on that other post that I found hurtful? And I bet dollars to donuts that MODG does not care what posts you read or don’t read. She’s gonna write it, and you can read it or leave it. And yes, putting this out there opens her up to criticisms and comments, but don’t get offended when she criticizes your criticisms.

Because I am sure that all of us have NEVER laughed at a tasteless joke.

Nwright August 24, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Oh snap, people are referring to this as a mommy blog. Haha, your worst nightmare or what? Loved the post. Too funny. With six kids, I feel you on the baby hating, yet with six kids, don’t really have time to post pics of them anyways. And by the way, your imnottryingbegorgeous pic is pretty darn cute. I really like that short haircut! Really suits u! Yay for baby pics ;)

Kristy August 24, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Is it weird that I kind of want to install the app, just for a minute, to see my (many) FB pictures of my daughter turned into pictures of bacon and manatees?

Elissa August 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm

YES to more pictures of bacon. We should have an app that turns ALL of the internet into pictures of bacon.

Darbi August 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Um, I was thinking the same thing! I just want to see what all my friends’ kids look like with cat faces! :)

Sophia August 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Word.

Lindsey August 24, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Fucking shit. People can post whatever they want on FB and shouldn’t have to feel like “oh I better not post something about my life because someone out there who can’t achieve this might cry.”

Amanda B August 24, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I don’t have kids, but I totally love this post :) It completely annoys me that ppl without kids can post any dumb shit they want, but then complain that there’s too many babies on FB. I’m super far away from most of my closest friends and getting to see their babies on FB makes me feel like I’m still part of their daily lives. Be true to yourself and the haters can either unfriend or hide you.

Side note: yes, I have no kids and i read your “mommy” blog. Mostly because I think you’re hilarious and I relate to your sarcasm regardless of the topic.

SER August 26, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Exactly. I am your clone. :)

Jules August 24, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I love how people get so worked up about crap. If it bugs you that much, then don’t go on Facebook. Problem solved! And don’t say I’m insensitive. I lost my first pregnancy and was devastated. But guess what? I just didn’t log on to Facebook. Ta da!

And totally off topic, you need to do another post on your cats. I miss them. And they’re probably feeling left out!

Kelly August 24, 2012 at 6:55 pm

YES. More cats. Always.

La Nina August 25, 2012 at 2:57 pm

CHARLIE!!!!
(what was the other one? Obvi I had a favorite.)

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you August 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

sounds like you need an un-friending spree.

it feels like shopping on 1stdibs.

can we add unjesusme?

Erica August 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Unrelated note…. Love G’s outfit in that pic… the suspender tee is DOPE! Where’s it from? Amazon?

Army Wife August 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Lol this is hilarious. I’m sure people have blocked my baby posts by now, but oh we’ll. I on the other hand need unliberaldemocrat.me but I agree with everything else!

Army Wife August 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Well* (apparently I need unautospelliphone.me too)

julie carter August 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm

haha you read my mind!! Id take and LOVE an unliberaldemocrat.me app asap!!

Anne August 26, 2012 at 11:51 am

unliberaldemocrat.me, and unBAHAHA.me. Stop yelling your obnoxious laugh at me!

S August 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Just to point out, there are like THREE comments here about how this may help people with infertility, not tons, and they were just a “we use this app because” kind of comment not, “wow you’re such an insensitive bitch MODG I’m infertile!”
I actually think the comments to people who are infertile and posting about it (“cry me a river”, “get over it”, “life’s not fair!”) are way more rude and disrespectful than the ones directed toward MODG. In fact most comments are just stating why they use the app, then getting attacked for it! I don’t like that that is being allowed.
For the record, I thought this post was funny and get the type of people MODG is directing it to, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with explaining other uses of the app to MODG and I definitely don’t think those people should be attacked. I know the comments here aren’t exactly sensitive, but this brought it to a whole different level of disrespect I always expecting.

Army Wife August 24, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I totally understand people using it if they have issues with infertility and/or lost a baby..especially when they see that some people shouldn’t be parents. I went through fertility treatment to have my first one and I can definitely relate to people not wanting to see constant reminders.

A August 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Well put. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around an elequent way to say this, but you hit the nail on the head.

Stop being assholes, people.

lbterp August 24, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I agree. People are complaining about someone’s asshole behavior by using the unbabyme, and they are doing it by being giant assholes. Who cares if you post pictures of babies? Who cares if you use unbabyme? Yikes. People can live by their own prerogative. Talk about first world problems.

april August 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm

wow, these comments are something else. MODG, your sarcasm works for you and this blog, and that is why people come here. I’m not quite sure where the anger and defensiveness come from, but some of these comments and the way they were worded were just plain mean and ignorant. I guess I just don’t understand why some people can’t seem to put themselves in others shoes and try to be a little respectful even if they don’t agree with what is being discussed.

Katrina August 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

You know, I also love how people assume other people post eleven million baby pictures only to annoy other people or to stroke their own egos for creating beautiful children. Some of us post lots of pictures because it’s the easiest way to get those pictures to family we don’t live anywhere near. My mother has problems downloading pictures through email but she can click the facebook icon I set up on her desktop and see all of the grandkids she doesn’t live near on a regular basis without getting confused or upset by trying to figure out interfaces.

Not everyone is being self indulgent all the time.

Megan August 24, 2012 at 10:26 pm

WORD.

Leigh August 24, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Word. Facebook is wonderful for grandparents and far-flung family! Thank you so much for making this point.

Carrie August 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

It is so upsetting how angry and defensive people can get over something so well written that it is amazingly clear how sarcastic/ironic it is! Love this post! Sad that folks are giving you a hard time over an issue that has nothing to do with your post.

Megan August 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

My goodness ladies (and that one guy who said sarc incessantly). While most people picked up what A was putting down here, I’m so disheartened to see even a handful of women use this as a forum to air their personal issues / jealousy of others who have what they want.. AND THEN take it out on someone who we look to to entertain us. Like she is some how responsible for your reaction to her humor. Your life is what you make it (and why has no one mentioned adoption here, like it’s either pregnancy or miserable shut-in cat lady fb stalker and NOTHING else exists in between). I suggest you log off FB/MODG and find your own happy instead of coveting others.

Hey Amanda,
Thanks a lot for posting a pic of you with such great hair and a killer rack (and where did you get those fabulous layering necklaces?), while these other b’s were focused on kids and kittens I just sat and cursed my split ends. Way to make me feel like a slob. Now I feel the need to go cut my hair and buy a new bra… (but seriously, thanks.) :o)

Criss August 24, 2012 at 5:44 pm

As was pointed out on the Feminist Breeder’s post about this app, how does having “Baby removed” posted above each un-babied photo help someone who just had a miscarriage or is infertile? Have you gone to the app to see what the photos are replaced with? The equivalent photos are so cheesy and obvious, it’s clear it’s a photo from the app, which is more than likely only goingo to remind you, “hey, this was a baby photo!” How is that helping?

The intent and purpose of this app is clear. Please stop tting to make it something it’s not. Period.

Lindsey b August 24, 2012 at 5:51 pm

un.peoplewhoarethecenteroftheirownuniversecausingstupidassdrama.me.

Heather August 24, 2012 at 5:52 pm

First, killer post. Love it.
Second, I’m pretty floored that this is even remotely offensive. If people have been reading you for any time at all, it’s pretty clear you’re the master of sarcasm. In no way was this taking aim at those with infertility…
Jesus tap dancing Christ, is this going to be a replay of the junior league debacle? Woooo!

Alex August 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm

How about unhowamazingyourengagement/weddingis.me

Faith August 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm

YES!! And the worst is when they make it their cover photo!

julie carter August 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm

AGREE!!!!!

Brianne August 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Uncrossfitbodybootcamp.me
Unlookhowmuchweightiamloosingeventhoughimstillhuge.me
And of course…
Unlookatwhatasuperduperamazingcraftythriftymom.me

Rainbow hugs MODG- bitches be runnin’ wild!

Trisha August 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm

So curious what the dollar bill in the shoe was for. I feel like it is a secret trick that no one has posted on that pinning internet sensation.

Bethany August 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I wondered that too! Haha! Inside joke is my guess :)

Maria C August 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Unasshole.me
Uniliketotakepicturesofmyselfwithmyphone.me
Unirepostamillionstupidpicturesaboutnothing.me
Unshowingyouiamreallycool.me
Uninvitemetoyour31party.me

Kelly.R August 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I’d vote for unabortionsarethedevil.me and uniamahomophobeandbroudofit.me

but on other news I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcweQO7Shk&feature=player_embedded

and I swear one of those babies looks familiar.

Lindsay August 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I would personally love a unmakingoutwithyoursignificantother.me. Blech.

Bryn @ Away at Home Mom August 24, 2012 at 7:09 pm

untupperwaresales.me

and I definitely second the unpicturesofyourdinner.me

Kate August 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm

How about unmysterioussadquestion.me. I cannot stand all the “I wonder what the point of it all is”, and “God is throwing me so many hoops right now but if you ask me what’s wrong (which I really really want everyone on the planet to do) then I will say I can’t talk about it and hope you all worry to death about poor me. Bleh.

lbterp August 24, 2012 at 8:27 pm

UGH — YES! They should just post “please pay attention to me!!!!”

clarissa August 24, 2012 at 7:31 pm

THIS!!!! THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

Rebecca August 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm

unwhatiatetoday.me
unihaveaheadache.me
unbuythissmockedpumpkindress.me

Bethany August 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm

un-post-1000-pics-of-myself-in-a-dirty-bathroom-mirror.me

un-talk-about-how-much-i-love-my-kids-and-then-add-43-albums-of-skanky-drunken-pics-of-myself.me

un-beg-my-parents-for-$-but-spend-god-knows-how-much-on-cigarettes-and-fishtanks.me

un-vague-book.me

K-Dillz August 24, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I just don’t understand why people hate pictures of babies. I freaking love every baby picture I see, even real screaming babies at Target, I love them! I have a perfect one of my own that I was lucky enough to have on the first try, with zero complications. I am truly sorry for anyone who is struggling with infertility, but you have to know that when you do finally get pregnant or adopt or get a surrogate you will be beaming with EXTRA joy and pride at your new baby love, and you will post 20 million pictures of THE baby you have been wanting for so long. And if anyone tries to stifle that joy you will finally understand this post and some of the comments.

Keri August 24, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Uniamoffendedbyeverything.me
Unmydirectsalesbusinessissofabulous.me
Unboohoomylifeossohard.me

Erin August 24, 2012 at 7:54 pm

How about:

un-purposelyvagueattentionseekingstatus.com

Love this post MODG!

Kristin August 24, 2012 at 7:55 pm

UnApp.me
From Farmville to Pinterest, I’m over it!

Addy August 24, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Unpictureofyourselfinthemirror.me….. One of my biggest pet peeves. Ps, I love LOVE other peoples’ baby pictures. I don’t have any kids, I don’t even have a boyfriend, but I love to see the all the babies. Maybe because I’m naturally curious… Some call it being nosy, I choose naturally curious. But I digress. I would much rather see pictures of kids than some girl in a stripper outfit taking a picture of herself in the damn mirror with those Godforsaken big plastic glasses that don’t even have a prescription in them. Irritating!!!

Angela August 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I’m so up for the unduckfaceme, unpoliticsme, unbodybyvime, unlogmyrunme, and unexerciseanouncementme!

eve August 24, 2012 at 8:39 pm

uncheckin.me. seriously? i need to know the 4 bars you went to tonight? it just makes me sad for the friends who constantly do this. the vacation you went on? awesome. let’s see you with that Hawaiian sunset. but telling everyone you’re at brunch with 13 friends? enjoy brunch and get off FB.

ditto to the unconstantsomeecards.me

and a few months back, i would have been interested in an unmagicmikecomments.me

Lo August 25, 2012 at 9:05 am

Bravo. So annoying if you’re friends with several people out together and they all start checking in at the same place. We get it, you’re having so much fun together that you need to spend half the night taking pictures and posting things on your phone.

Bek W August 24, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Wow modg, you just can’t catch a break! It’s like everything you post has some kind of controversy around it! And that sucks! I found this post hilarious, in no way hurtful and it’s so frustrating that people come on here to turn it! Yes, having issues conceiving is upsetting, my sister and sister in law both had issues getting pregnant, but they still had a sense of humor and didn’t feel as though every little thing was a stab at their situation. I was worried about their reactions when I fell pregnant after trying for only a few months, but guess what! They were happy for me! I wish people would just take this post and others like it for what it is..

I’d like to unstatusaboutgoingtothegym.me!! Seriously! All the check ins and statuses are crazy! I think I might just drive past the gym so I can check in and be part of the cool club (cause god forbid I actually go in and work out!)

Corrie August 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Untrollforsympathy.me

Sarah August 24, 2012 at 8:58 pm

un”dearblah blah blah please blah blah blah love, blah blah blah”.me
Unnotsogreatyogaposeateveryplaceyouvisit.me
unsoandsojustlikedwhitebreadorthecolorgreenorbuttrfliesorsesamestreet.me
unanyoneeverwhousesthephrasesunduayfunday.me

I will also continue to post pics of my adorable munchkin because heartless whoever can unfriend or block me if they want. But I’m pretty sure my great aunt enjoys them.

Gretchen August 24, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I have a kid, I post pictures of my kid, I love seeing pictures of other people’s kids, but I would really like to have unultrasoundphoto.me and unweeklybabybump.me. This post is fucking hysterical.

Beth August 24, 2012 at 9:52 pm

un-cervix-status-updates-during-labor-me

also…

un-thousand-updates-about-the-progress-of-your-appliance-getting-fixed-me
un-my-hubby-is-so-amazing-lookylooky-what-he-bought-me-me
un-i-totally-can-tell-you-photoshopped-the-shit-out-of-that-picture-of-yourself-me

cassidy August 24, 2012 at 9:56 pm

yes!!!! unduckfaceyourface.me. can’t tell you how many times i get on instagram/facebook and see the same girl posting like 1700 pictures of her freakin face! (almost always a duck face) i’d like to see that one for sure!

NMK August 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I just posted 45 pics to Facebook….most of them have my kid in them. I post them for my dad who lives 8 hours away so he can see his grandson and for other family that can’t see him very often.
I think my kid is cuter than any stupid duck face.

Jen August 24, 2012 at 10:42 pm

un-update-me-on-every-place-you-go-throughout-the-day.me

un-air-your-dirty-laundry-to-hundreds-via-the-internet.me The follow up to this would be un-talk-about-how-wonderful-your-signficant-other-you-were-just-badmouthing-is.me

Jade @ Tasting Grace August 24, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Oh yes, please, un.jesus.me. In fact, un.scripture.me in general. In other news, I’m loving your blast-from-the-past photos. Those are awesome.

Stephanie August 24, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Ok, I’m not on “the book” so I can’t totally relate, however, if someone could create a real world app like “unstinkthebathroomaftermyhusbandusesit” or a “uncatpukeonmycarpet” app, I would appreciate that.

Dayle August 25, 2012 at 8:56 am

I will pay big money for uncatpukeonmycarpetme

Courtney August 24, 2012 at 11:35 pm

how about an “unupdatemeaboutyourfuckingcrossfitworkout.me” Seriously. Great. You pulled a car down the street. I ate a popsicle. Fuck off; I don’t need to know every time you deadlift like an offensive lineman.

… or am I the only one with friends who are Super Duper Excited to be a Crossfitter! (glad they found something that works for them; I don’t need to hear about it ever day).

Kristen August 25, 2012 at 3:05 pm

YES to this. Those people make me insane. INSANE. Congratulations, you are good at fitness. It’s like they need an effing medal for every stupid burpee they do.

Olivia August 24, 2012 at 11:40 pm

un-I-take-more-pictures-of-myself-at-the-gym=than-actually-workout.me
un-JOIN-HERBAL-LIFE-diet.me
un-indirect-nasty-status.me
Love you MODG!

K August 24, 2012 at 11:45 pm

unfacebook.everyone

uncrappygrammarandspelling.me

Amanda August 24, 2012 at 11:52 pm

unlameinspirationalquote.me, please!

KJ5 August 25, 2012 at 12:03 am

Oh, this post was funny, but the comments are even funnier. Some people can find any reason to get offended or pissed. I post lots and lots and lots of pictures of my kids because they’re cute and that’s what the people who are my actual friends and not just FB ”friends” want to see. If you don’t like it, that’s why there’s an unfriend button.

Veralynn @ Joie de V August 25, 2012 at 2:02 am

I vote unmommywars.me- no one’s better than anyone else just because they had a natural birth or cloth diaper or their two-year old speaks Swahili. Can’t we all just get along?

Erin August 25, 2012 at 7:40 am

un.democrat.me, I see way more obnoxious liberal posts.

Kristin August 25, 2012 at 8:09 am

Thanks for this post! It was just what I needed for some morning laughs!

Dayle August 25, 2012 at 9:08 am

UnPaintOneFingernailADifferentColorMe
UnLikeThisAndAmazingThingsWillHappenMe
UnBibleVerseMe

nevena August 25, 2012 at 11:05 am

I thought this post was hilarious. It makes me sad that it got turned into a big ol drama fest. How about unprojectmyissueseverythingisntaboutme?

Beth August 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

I have been noticing a trend recently on this blog, where if MODG says something sarcastic about kids, or even if she talks about her struggles with child-rearing/bearing…there always seems to be hurt ladies and hurt feeling arise, which result in a downward spin into more hurt feelings and more hurt ladies.

Art, in each form, is meant to stir feelings in the reader/viewer/listener.

Beth August 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Continued… Just like if you were strolling through a museum, and came across a painting that made you think about a hard time you just went through, you wouldn’t get up on a stage and put down the artist in front of everyone, would you? And blame the artist for bringing up those feelings? That is essentially what is happening here. And, it is not the artist’s place to have to think about each and every hard thing someone might be going through and temper their art accordingly. That would be so exhausting and would completely take the joy away from the artist (and the reader).

I think this blog can be, and has been, an amazing support system for women going through hard times. If you are hurting and one of her blogs brings up hard feelings, this is a great place to talk it through. You just have to say it in the right way and not put the blame on MODG for those feelings arising.

Rachel August 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm

This is amazing! I know people have unfriended me because of baby picks….

Lindsey August 25, 2012 at 1:29 pm

So what I REALLY want is an app that will make all the babies at the park and the grocery store, etc be replaced by cats. Because I don’t have a baby and therefore seeing them all around me in the real world is just horrendous. So can we make that happen please??

Stacey August 25, 2012 at 2:28 pm
Beth August 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

How have I never seen this site before? There are no words for the amazing-ness you just brought into my life.

Megan August 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm

My favorite post yet. Hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh

Laila August 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Unhappyhourdailylocale.me

Keely August 25, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Unlookatmystarbucksdrinkimdrinking.me

Great post. Keep em coming modg.

Emily August 25, 2012 at 7:44 pm

MODG, your posts just get better and better. This one was hilarious and spot on.

unpreblican.me and unjesus.me are tops on my list.

How about unovershare.me?

Rachel August 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I would love to have unstupiddrunkbitch.me. I really don’t care if you aren’t sure how you got home. Really?! Since blacking out drunk is one thing you want everybody to know. All this does is make you look like an alcoholic who can’t take care of yourself. Sheesh!

Nicole August 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Loved the post!
Unpicturesofyouinadirtybathroom.me
Thank you!

Kelsey August 25, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I don’t know which is more funny – this blog post or the comments afterwards!? How about these though…

unkissyfacingyourphoneposepictures.me, unvintagepicturesofyourfamily.me, ununspokenprayerrequest.me, unpoormeihavetodolaundryagain.me (To that I just want to say… everyone does! Get over it and I don’t want to hear about it every time you turn on your flippin washing machine or get off your butt when you are a SAHM!)

April August 25, 2012 at 11:42 pm

unlistofeverythingyoudidtoday.me
unlookwhatimade!.me
unmyhusbandissoooooamazing.me

anonymous this time August 26, 2012 at 8:37 pm

#1 -yes!

Meg August 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm

UnMillionthPhotoOfYourselfInYourCarWithYourSeatbeltAndSunglassesOn.me

Another legendary post, MODG!

Nicole August 26, 2012 at 12:49 am

So after reading all the comments, WTF should be posted on FB?? Nothing apparently. I get that there are annoying peeps on Facebook, but man…just DEACTIVATE if shit bugs you so much.

Alex @ ifs ands & butts August 26, 2012 at 4:52 am

unbidday.me (and I was in a sorority)

liz August 26, 2012 at 10:25 am

So I dont have kids but I am not living a single party life either. I am married and work my ass off and most of my photos I post are carefully chosen and edited (instagram skills what what!) and kept to a bare minimum of photos of my travels in Asia (not the 500 pics from one vacation that people post because in my opinion that is just as bad as too many baby posts (insert witty unvacationphotome.whatever here). I love pictures of my friends kids but what I really dont need is an update every day on potty training status unless it is done in a witty laughter inducing way (aka: like MODG). Or an ode to how one friend wants to be “Just like the Duggars” and is totally serious about it with paying homage to them every day in status updates. But I just unsubscribe to those people on facebook, I definitely dont think an app to block the photos is necessary. I can respect they are in a different place, but I wish they would respect that minute by minute updates on the status of their dilated cervix is probably not going to win friends and influence people.

Megan August 26, 2012 at 10:33 am

unrepublican.me would be PRIMO. Also, an app that would block statuses saying how busy / overwhelmed one is today would be pretty cool. If you are so busy, how are you putzing on Facebook?! Just an observation. We’re all busy. Blergh.

Keep on keepin’ on, MODG. I come to you for snarky mommy-ness. If I wanted ultra-PC sensitivity, I’d go elsewhere.

Rachel August 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I’m FB friends with a guy from high school whose baby mama takes VERY SERIOUS modeling pics of herself while pregnant. Also, she has a tattoo of a vine growing out of her lady parts. Clearly it’s pure art and something you should consider…

Jayme August 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm

There is always going to be some a-hole that is “offended” by anything and everything you post. Why cant people just chill the fuck out and let me post be what is it. People are so damn sensitive and I think they over do the “im offended” thing and turn it into this BS that is doesn’t have to be. I don’t have kids but if someone on my FB has kids and post them all day long, it would be the same shit as me posting pics of my husband and I all the time, or even my dog. No one should have to feel bad for posting pics of THEIR life on FB. If you don’t like then don’t look. Period.

Amanda August 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Wow–this is why I have never gotten a Facebook account. It seems like people are annoyed/ranting/stalking more with it than actually liking it. And while I love the funny posts and ms paint pictures, sour posts like this keep me away from modgblog for awhile. There’s a fine line between funny sarcastic and just plain sour, and this post seems more like the latter…which explains the comment war. Yikes.

Polly August 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm

unlookattheflowersmyboyfriendboughtme.me

You are awesome. I’m not sure why anyone is getting all serious about the baby stuff. Your post was obviously sarcastic and funny. Keep on keeping on lady. I love it all.

Kath August 26, 2012 at 8:48 pm

unmormon.me

I like to keep it simple.

Julie August 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Oh my god, I think I know that slutty yellow crayon!

Jen August 26, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Lets all spend a little less time on Facebook. This shit is nuts!

Leslie August 27, 2012 at 11:57 am

Amen.

Amanda August 27, 2012 at 7:59 am

unidonotcareaboutyoursistersbestfriendsmothersbrotherscousinswifeiscausingyouyetmoredrama.me

I’ll be back.

HJ August 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

unyourenotababyphotographerbecauseyouhadakidandboughtacameraandhaveanextrabucketorgiantsunflowertoplacethechildinagainsttheirwill.me

Nicole August 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

unwhine.me

s August 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

Seriously – is NOTHING safe for modg to make fun of anymore???

Relax, World.
/just relax

Sarah G August 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

Um how about unstopbeingsosensitivebeanadultanddealwithit.me

Seriously, if seeing other things you can’t have makes you want to pretend that they don’t exist at all, maybe you should grow up a little bit before trying to achieve said item.

Mindy August 27, 2012 at 10:54 am

Some of the comments in this are ridiculous, what you posted was great MODG.

I am nowhere near the having kids stage of my life yet but I still enjoy looking at all of the kid pictures on Facebook. Kids are cute, babies are precious, cats are annoying. Just scroll down and carry on.

Facebook is just a smoke screen anyways, if it really bothers you then get off the computer and go live your actual life.

P.S. I would LOVE a unsadpicturesofdogswhoneedhomes.me They break my heart every time. And I went a little crazy with the donations last month.

Lauren @ T&G August 27, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’ve been gone on a “babymoon” and just came back to this shitstorm of comments. I don’t know why I get so defensive for someone I don’t even know, but WHAT is going? Fine, maybe one person could point out that “hey, I have infertility issues, so I block the baby pictures to make it easier on myself. FYI.” That is something that may not have occurred to me, personally. And maybe it didn’t occur to MODG either. I don’t know. But her point it totally obvious. She isn’t hating on everyone that blocks babies from facebook, she is making the point, that really, 99% of everything posted on facebook is annoying and block-worthy.

BUT HELLO – if you installed an app to protect yourself against potentially upsetting baby stuff on facebook, then wtf are you doing reading this blog. First, MODG clearly doesn’t have any fertility problems and cannot write from personal experience to the issue, and secondly, sweet and sensitive is not exactly her MO. (I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!) Her blog has a very strong undertone of being pro-pregnancy, mom, and babies… but obviously, it’s going to be from her experience. She can’t write every post in a way that covers everyone else’s point of view. I love this blog, and I am going to be reallllllllly angry if it goes away because of these inane backlashes.

un”dear blah bah, please xyz. thanks. love, so and so”.app

demi August 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

i’m a fitness model and run my own fitness company. so people are just going to have to deal with my workout postings, and magazine/photoshoot pics. Whatever, it’s what I DO, because the point of social media is to post whatever the F you want. If people like it, simply unfriend. It’s simple. And I’m also a mother. A proud one. I post pics of my kids all the time. And if someone doesn’t want to see them-unfriend. It really is THAT simple.

Luanne August 27, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Haters gonna hate. Loved the post.

{ 1 trackback }