So really the point of this post is that I’d like to now birth a 20 month old. I’m fine with the stretch marks.

Sometimes I forget how much I complain on this blog. I don’t call it complaining though. I call it “self exploration”. HEAR THAT B? I DON’T COMPLAIN. But sometimes I forget to talk about the good things. And then I remember that some of you out there are reading this and going through the pregnancy stuff and the baby stuff with me for the first time and I’ve scared your eggs from every coming out of ovary hiding again. So this is something different.

This is an update. It’s an update for all of you out there terrified of having a colicky baby. It’s for all of you who are staring down the 9th hour of constant crying from your baby and wondering if it will ever end. It’s for you guys with a tiny toddler who hates everything and everyone. Everyone said it to me and I told them to blow me. But it’s true. IT GETS BETTER.

Many of you may remember this post, where I basically cried and accepted that my child is who he is and it may not be who I want him to be, but that’s not for me to decide. But I was never really like “cool” with it. I mean I wanted my kid to be happy. Who doesn’t? I wanted my kid to be cool and chill. But we all want stuff for our kids. We want them to walk sooner, talk better, share more, poop less, poop more, eat kefir and flax and recite the alphabet in Russian. Sometimes it happens but usually it doesn’t.

It’s because our kids are a tiny reflection of us. And whether we admit it or not, we don’t want the kid who acts like an asshole at the party. Because it says something about us. And I admit that. And I know that I’m crazy in the head, but so is B. So I kind of knew that G would be on the fringe.

But then it changed.

I am stupidly happy to report that at least right now, in this minute, today, G is an awesome kid. A kid I’m really proud of. Tomorrow may be another story when he throws his dinner at me, pees on the carpet and says no 432 times in 1 hour. But right now? We’re good.

And it’s not that he’s just some well behaved kid. He’s really happy. And that’s what I was always worried about. I told B last night that I actually thought he would be miserable for the rest of his life. Like a goth toddler. Which WOULD be cool in theory. But not in life. But G spends his days dancing to music, laughing a lot, reading, talking to me, singing and actually being affectionate. He gives hugs and kisses. He loves his grandparents and really just attention in general. And believe it or not, he actually listens to me. I KNOW.

But this blog isn’t brag-town. It’s about real life. I’m not here to say to all of you: LOOK AT ME AND MY PERFECT CHILD. It took a lot of tears and awful-ness to get to this point. And I’m no fool. I KNOW this phase will end and we’ll stare down the throat of the terrible 2′s shortly. And he’ll probably try to bury his sister in the tomato garden. But this time in his life gives me lots of hope for him as a kid growing up.

But I owed this post to you after post after post of depression, helplessness, and stress. I feel like we’ve come out on the other side. At least for now. And I’m ready to do it all over again with baby #2. And you know what? Now I know what the bad times are like but even better, I know that they end. And you should know that too. If you’re struggling like I was, it ends. The one thing I’ve learned is that it’s ALL a phase. If you’re like “my child is doing this crazy ass thing”. It ends. I promise it ends.

And this friends was my Oprah gratitude moment. Stay tuned for my next 57 posts of complaining before we get another one of these.

Happy Weekend,

LOVE

MODG, YoShe and happy G

POSTED IN: Awesome things,babies,Dramababy,Mom Stuff,Sharing,Toddlers,You think you know but you have no idea

Desiree August 17, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This post is awesome sauce. Keep on “bragging” about the good stuff. As moms we all want to remember the good, right? It’s what makes being a mom special.

Liz August 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm

G is getting so big!! And adorable-er!

Also the sentence “bury his sister” is both hilarious and sweet. I sort of forgot that by you having YoShe G’ll be a big brother to a little sister. And now my heart’s a little melty!

Melissa N August 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for sharing, brought tears to my eyes…damn pregnancy hormones! ;)

Larra Trimmer August 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. It’s been one of THOSE weeks. I only have my husband to vent to and due to his Y chromosome he fails to comfort me when I am feeling incompetent as a parent. Thanks, Modg!

Melissa August 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Don’t worry at all about the terrible two’s. They are a huge lie. Two is awesome. And you will soar right through it and be all patting yourself on the back thinking “we rocked those terrible twos!!!” and then three will hit and you will realize that you bought a huge lie that society sold you. It is THREE that is terrible. Anyway, yes, it is all a phase, and yes, it does just keep getting more and more fun. Especially with just one child :)

Jenn August 17, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Yes, yes, YES! 2 is awesome! But now we’re closing in on 3 in less than a month and the terrible 3s have begun. But just like when my darling sweet prince refused to sleep for more than 2 hours at a whack the entire first year of his life and I was contemplating leaving my son and husband at home while I drive a million miles across the country to get away from it all, it is all a phase and it will get better.

Leyna August 17, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Yep. Three years ago my good friend and I were both staring at our 3-year-old, suddenly demon, children and going “WTF?? Three sucks.” But then, like everything, they’re sweet again. And then they enter the next sucky phase, and then it’s all good for a while, and then they start some new sucky stuff, and then they stop..

As far as I can tell (as we enter first grade in about 10 days), this shall go on forever until they spread their wings and fly. And as far as I can tell, all those veteran moms who patted my sleep-deprived-because-I-had-a-toddler-and-a-colicky-newborn mommy shoulder were right: bigger kids, bigger problems, but we should all ENJOY (or at least appreciate) every moment.

MODG August 17, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I HAVE heard this terrible tale of the 3′s. I can’t even imagine what we’re in for.

The Reset August 18, 2012 at 12:32 am

I was at a Sarah McLachlan concert once, and she said about her and her hubby’s kid, “it’s not the terrible two’s, it’s the terrible three’s, and THEN there’s the f*** you four’s.” !!!

ashley August 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

this post could not have come at a better time. i seriously was having a mental break down with my situation. i’ve been racking through my brain why my 14 month old son gets so angry with things that he could literally flip our house upside down. i mean he literally throws chairs, toys, me across the room when he doesnt get his way. he tries to hit me like he just jumped in to an MMA figthing ring. i’ve had dreams he was one of those children who their parents are afraid to be alone with because they will stab them with a knife in the middle of the night. i was for sure it was my fault, you know, i am a horrible “mother” in my in laws eyes & i was starting to feel like they were right. but i am glad to see your son’s smiles & happiness, it really does give me hope. thank you for the perfect timing.

Nathalie August 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Yay :) I completely agree! My son is 17 months old and I feel like he’s been getting more and more fun and more and more happy over the past 3 months or so and it’s wonderful! My husband and I have been saying that the next child we’re adopting at 1 year old. ;)

So glad G is happy now! Thanks for posting – it is so good when things are hard to be reminded that they are temporary.

Gram August 17, 2012 at 2:48 pm

This made me smile. I am now a Grandma and my granddaughter is pretty terrific, but I don’t know if I could EVER do it all again. The crying and the wondering and the frustration. It is SO HARD! I remember the very feeling that you are having when my oldest was a little younger than G. It just hit me…all of a sudden…and I felt SO happy that it wasn’t ALL MY FAULT!! Enjoy this time, and I hope that it lasts for a while. ps…blonde? Wow!

Megan Rone August 17, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Love! Those are the 2 lessons that my son has really taught me- you have to go through the rain to appreciate the sun and babies always change! It really helps with all the mommy guilt when you can just blame the kid- No, putting him in my bed doesn’t mean I failed at cry it out, it just means that tomorrow is another day and surely he’ll get it at some point! And you have inspired me to buy cut offs “jorts” for my 14 month old and I am so pumped! G is so cute!

Cate August 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Thank you… I needed to hear this with an almost one year old who still refuses the bottle and wakes three times a night. We’ve had some really tough days lately with tantrums and lots of food throwing… And yeah… You worry. Thanks for showing me there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Usually I only see the light after a few glasses of wine.

Brandi August 17, 2012 at 2:57 pm

He reads?! WTF? Alex will not sit still for one page of “where the wild things are”!

kiki August 17, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I think you just proved what I think you knew all along. That all of us internet friends — aka stalkers — are right! Like . . .always. So listen to us. And really everyone should listen to us. Trust us. We would never lead you astray.

Happy to hear that you all are happy. Your post made me smile in my hectic day.

Ps. I know sometimes its hard to hear the wisdom with all the noise in your own head. We are all so guilty of that.

Liz August 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Amanda – Happy to see such a smiley, happy G!

Shawna August 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm

He’s so gorgeous!!! My guy is also 20 months and such a love. It’s fun (and challenging) age. Baby number 2 is due for us in 4 weeks. Here’s to hoping my lovey doesn’t go all demon on us when that happens. :D

Serial August 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Sorry to be all potty-mouthed on your blog, but I’m pretty sure G and YoShe aren’t reading it yet so we’re cool: FUCK YEAH!

This is like the baby It Gets Better project. You’re like the Dan Savage of Asians.

Nikki August 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You rock. This post seriously just made my day – and almost made me cry! I am pregnant with baby #1 and can’t wait for moments like everything you showed above. G is adorable and I can’t believe how big he has gotten!

Erica August 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

thank you! Seriously…

you are going to have some SERIOUS problems later on with the ladies… It won’t be creepy at all to stalk his future girlfriends promise…

Kelly August 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I’m telling you, you helped me get through the shit a year ago. Thank you. It was awful and scary, and no one I know had any idea what it was like. And yes, it does get better! I keep waiting for Myka to “get better” at sleeping though. I’m still not convinced this will happen until he is 15 and wants to sleep his life away.

TBag August 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Love it! G’s adorable! And love the very honest post about the guilt that would inevitably consume anyone whose kids act up or don’t conform to supposed “social standards” or “milestones”. I, myself, have no kids…..yet, but I am familiar with what it’s like to have something you have raised act a fool in front of others, but then sometimes be a perfect little angel that is affectionate and loving and kind.
You’re a great mom!

julie s. August 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Wow, G is pretty freakin’ adorable. And I love this post so much right now. My 15-month old fluctuates so much between super happy-dancing-babbling-smiling-hugging and super miserable-demanding-yelling-throwing-food. I just keep trying to convince myself the miserable stuff is just a phase, so you’d better not be making this up and just digging up happy kid photos to fool us all. :)

Laura C August 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Oh, your G. THIS POST is the reason I love to read, erm, blogs by mommies. (Woe betide those who call you a mere mommyblogger.) I am struggling so much lately re: contentment, and trying to smother the little green envy-monsters I sprout all the time. Reading this kind of sunshine, from YOU no less…helps me.

Rachael August 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’m inappropriately happy for you right now! It is so nice to see these pics of G smiling. The last one with the tomatoes??? SO stinkin cute. That is a framer right there. I mean for your house.. not me. I’m not that weird or inappropriately happy for you. I have my own kid whose pictures need framing.

My baby/young toddler was pretty easy/chill. I felt like reading your blog was a reality check. I know my next child will not be the same and I just love this. I’m less afraid for #2.

Mrs. Newlywed Giggles August 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm

He has grown up so fast! Well, at least in my eyes. LOL.
But seriously, you have to post the complaining and the good ones. It just shows that you are honest and real about life as a parent. And I am pretty sure that every other parent out there who reads your blog, probably nods their head in agreement with all of your posts, both good and bad.

S August 17, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I’m SO happy to read this. Also, I know you’re always bracing for the worst, but it’s possible for G to stay this happy and awesome. I know some kids who were terrors as babies and toddlers and just mellowed out between 18 months and 2 years old and have just stayed like that.
I just can’t even take little blonde G, I LOVE it!

Marci August 17, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Ok, I’ve read your blog forever and I’ve never commented but YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I have a 4 1/2 month old crackhead, I mean baby, who I thought was NEVER going to stop crying or fussing let alone smile and play. I would cry everynight and wonder why he wasn’t happy and why did all my new mommy friends have “normal” babies that they could actually take in public without the fear of a 3 hour fuss-fest. But right around 12 weeks he started to turn a corner and it’s been getting better ever since. He smiles all the time, laughs a lot and just seems happier in general. If I could get the kid to sleep a few more hours at night, we’d be golden! My mom would always remind me that they are only in each “phase” for a reason. I assume that reason is so that moms don’t totally lose their shit and jump of a bridge, but it’s true. Just when you think all hope is lost…they make progress and you know that it’s going to be all good. Thanks for keeping us laughing our asses off and giving me something entertaining to read while I’m pumping at 2:00 am instead of sleeping.

Nichole August 17, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Oh goodness, pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me today! This post made me teary.
I’m SO excited to be at that stage one day with my little guy (due in November). Reading books, dancing in the living room, playing nicely in the park. Sounds like I just need to get through gestation and about 20 months first.
Keep the advice, self exploration, & words of encouragement coming!

Sophia August 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Thank you so much for this post. G is a super gorgeous baby, you can see the happiness in his eyes. As a mother of 3 boys – 12, 11 and 8 months I can tell you that it really does get better and better and better. As G becomes more independent he will surprise you in a gazillion ways every day. My 8 month old is a beautiful little dude full of sunshine, I’m worried that my next one due in April next year (hopefully a sparkle princess) won’t be a demon child to make up for the joy I have have with my boys.

colleen August 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm

i’m so happy for you modg. enjoy this phase – can’t wait to meet the next little one!

Lauren @ T&G August 17, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Can you do a post on where you get G’s hair highlighted?

As always, he is such a cute little boy.

MODG August 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

He flies out to LA weekly. He’s a real pain about his roots.

Natalie August 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I have a ginger son and a few months ago, a girl at Tiffany & Co. asked me if his hair was ‘natural’. Seriously? No, I dyed my 6 month old son’s hair to garner more attention…unreal.

April August 17, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for this post. My 7 month old is making me lose my shit. Could have been the waking up every 28 minutes all GD night, or could have been the constant niplash from jerking his head while nursing… Or the mouth full of daggers growing in his mouth now, not quite sure.

Anna August 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I LOVE one year olds. Seriously. It is my favourite age of the pre-school years. 16-22 mths are the golden time. Enjoy.

I didn’t find the two’s as bad as people said. You have your moments but there’s also a lot of fun too. Threes so far have been tiresome (haha…hence the term ‘tiresome threes’) with all the challenges and why’s. But you get a fully fledged little person to hang out with so they’re still pretty cool!

Clarissa August 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm

That first picture. Wonderful.

Megan August 17, 2012 at 9:06 pm

As a mom of a 10 week old and a 17 month old, I thank you. With tears in my eyes, thank you.

Vikki August 17, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Prepare yourself because as each phase ends, another one starts. I am learning this as my oldest is almost 11 and harder than ever!

Elizabeth August 17, 2012 at 10:17 pm

G has changed so much!! What a big boy…I think he’s looking more like you! Glad to hear things are mellowing out for you. I think really enjoying and drinking in the sweet times make the difficult ones more bearable. The pics are adorable ;)

Dawn August 17, 2012 at 11:20 pm

That first picture is absolutely frickin adorable! What a handsome little guy he is becoming.

I couldn’t agree more with this post. My daughter is 23 months, and it’s amazing! We have had our rough times (and still do, don’t get me wrong), but when she comes over to give me a hug and kiss, and says “I love you”, it is the BEST feeling imaginable.

Here’s to many more great days. And for those that aren’t? Hmmm…well, just pass the vino please!

eileen marie August 18, 2012 at 5:01 am

I cannot believe it’s been almost 2 whole years -I remember when G was “Plankton”. I’m sure I’ll say the same about Logan (kidding). He is adorable -when did he get so blond? I don’t want to scare you, but my friends w/ boys say it’s really terrible 3s, not 2s that you need to worry about. You’re welcome.

Jasmine Robertson August 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

I love your blog, for all of funny things you post and your MS paint drawings to your real posts. As a mom of 3 kids, 15, 11 & 7 you are correct. My son was a coilicky baby, it was rough. Thestage G is in now is awesome and soo much fun. Store up that fun though because you are going to need it to get through the 3′s. While the 2′s are challenging kids are just trying to figure things out and get frustrated easily. By the time they turn 3, they know better but want to do it anyway just to see if you are paying attention. But the good thing is that they come out of that and level off and become really cool people by the age of 4. So enjoy this stage and all of the stages to come because those challenging years will come back. History will repeat itself when they get to be teenagers, it does remind me of the terrible 3′s . :)

Heather August 18, 2012 at 9:38 am

Oh my goodness – since when did G become a little blondie?? He is adorable! Thanks for this post! I am pregnant with #1 myself & your past posts of G & all you have been through with him have scared the bejeezus out of me but this one helped calm me down from my fears! I am glad to hear the craziness eventually passes :)

netty August 18, 2012 at 11:00 am

one of my favorite quotes is from Winston Churchill:

If you’re going through hell….keep going.

:) So glad to read that you kept going, you’re on the other side and it’s awesome. :)

Shannon August 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm

G=gorgeous!

Elizabeth August 18, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Unrelated, but I tried to visit this blog at Disney World earlier this month, and it was blocked for R-rated material. Ha.

Hillary August 18, 2012 at 8:46 pm

YES! I totally agree. Some of it got better when I stopped trying to be such a control freak and make my kid what I wanted him to eat, and make him sit still, and make him cooperate….that only resulted in tears for us both. Now I just accept the fact that I live with a toddler and not another adult who should know better. Lo and behold, we’re all a lot happier. Neither of us throw hour long tantrums and we say “good job” a lot more than “no.”

Rebekah August 18, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thanks for this post.
I too have a 20 month old who is a delight and we were lucky with him. He was always fairly easy, but I also have a 4 month old who put me through the ringer. He cried for the first 4 months of his life. I think I have cried and drank every night since he was born just to deal with it, but thankfully he is finally turning the corner and I hope when he turns 20 months I feel the same way you do about Baby G now.
Love everything you write.. You are my daily laugh!

Maria August 19, 2012 at 12:43 am

I am so happy to hear that G has become a happy boy. I completely believe that a child’s inborn personality has a lot to do with how they are as a baby, BUT I also think that their parents have a lot to do with it. The anxiety, the reactions and the overall demenoir of the parents have a lot to do with the baby’s overall transition. They completely feel when their parents are uneasy.

lacey August 19, 2012 at 4:02 am

Totally hit “comment” to leave a GIANT REVELATION and of course there are 50 other comments saying the same thing. But still.

OMG. Two is AMAZING. Two is learning sentences and having a favorite color and requesting “Mrs. Tittlemouse” over and over and practicing Funny Voices and naming stuffed animals things like “Snakepie.” 18 months to the third birthday is delightful magic garden gumdrop fairy time.

Then our lovely lovely two-year old turned three and then she stormed through the house screaming I WILL GO TO THE BATHROOM MYSELF I CAN GO MYSELF and then BOOM CRASH in the bathroom and then this GODFORSAKEN WAIL with GROWLS in the middle like she is SATAN, SATAN HIMSELF, and then I tiptoed in and saw that she was perched on the bare bowl (GODDAMN IT MEN SERIOUSLY) screaming screaming screaming and then I delicately nudged her up (ohgodno) and plopped the seat and potty seat underneath and then WAIL THE HEAVENS BROKE and hellfire rained upon us and the potty seat FLEW across the room and narrowly missed my shins and she screamed I DO NOT WANT THIS I DO NOT WANT YOU I DO NOT WANT YOU and then she peed all over the floor

Seriously the screaming/growling is going to break me

So! Happy 1.6-2.99! It will be so lovely!

Also, I’m sure this has already been said too, but I’m pretty sure that it’s a scientific fact that if your first is colicky, your second will be marshmallow cuddle sleeper angelbaby.

ElisaM August 20, 2012 at 2:07 am

Love you, that is all :D

Lisa @biteforbabies August 20, 2012 at 7:00 am

What a sweet post! I have to admit that I’m loving the phase my son is in now (he’s 16 months) and I’m also not afraid or embarrassed to admit that I DIDN’T enjoy the first 6 months! It was really hard for me to adjust (being a Type A personality!) but I also realize that I just prefer the “older” phases rather than when they are dependent. I love that I can now interact with my son and “play” with him!!!

Natalie August 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm

We are going through one of those GREAT phases too right now with our son. I was SUPER open and honest with my friends (and pretty much anyone who would listen) about how much our little man SUCKED the first 4-5 months of life. But since he has hit 8 months or so (he is almost 12 mos now) he is just so awesome and fun. It is so cool to watch him learn new things every day, laugh, say new words (uh-oh and bye-bye (with a wave)), play by himself, etc. I am making sure I REMEMBER every minute of this great phase because I know we will have ebbs and flows but we are in an AWESOME ‘flow’ right now (are the flows the good ones? or the ebbs? that saying doesn’t make any sense) and I just want to eat him up every day.
P.S. MODG do you read Honest Toddler? I think it is right up your alley (another weird saying that I don’t think makes sense) and you would TOTALLY relate: http://honesttoddler.wordpress.com/

Lisa @biteforbabies August 24, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hi Natalie,
Conforming to hear that someone else thought the first months “sucked!” (I was afraid to even use that word! Lol!) I love this phase too..it just keeps getting better and better! I’m now 7 months along with my second and I have to admit that I’m getting antsy about making it through those few months…I wonder if I might appreciate them more the second time around (also knowing this one will most likely be my last!)

Chelsea August 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Geez he’s handsome! He looks so incredibly happy in that first picture! I am glad things are so good around the MODG household right now.

Also, unrelated, but I have tried to e-mail you a few times and nothing ever happens…it just sort of freezes and looks like it’s loading. Is it just me or have you been having problems with it?

Gretchen August 20, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Love this post. Hearing “it gets better” is the only thing that has gotten me through some of the more trying phases of baby and toddlerhood. But it really does.

Amanda August 20, 2012 at 8:40 pm

This post made me laugh. Because I was there. And I still am sometimes.

I have that kid at the party who acts like an asshole. But he is a product of his mother and he oozes awesomesauce the other 98% of the time. He is THE best. Everyone loves him, he makes me(and others) laugh, everyone else thinks he’s the cats meow and well, he oozes awesomesauce.

But just like you, we had our moments and for a long time I was miserable. Especially in the 9th hour of screaming , depression and giving birth to a bigger asshole than myself.

It DOES get better. And when they start talking. No, actually talking… The conversations and things they say drip with even more awesomesauce.

High Five for using awesomesauce 3+ times.

Erin @ WriteTasty August 22, 2012 at 10:07 am

So so so cute! I love the shot of him holding out the veggies like “yeah, I’m a super gardener, no big deal.” I’m glad to hear it gets better. My daughter is just a month and a half or so behind G and has been a super drama queen lately. If it ends in the next four or five weeks I’ll be a happy mama!

Annie August 23, 2012 at 9:27 pm

This was such a wonderful, hopeful, happy post! Thank you! Your dear son is just sweety-sweet and adorable. And yes, it goes up, and down, and up, and down, over and over and over again. And I’m here from your future to tell you that even in the teens, it’s OK. I have two teenaged boys, 14 and 16, and yes, they are sometimes sulky and they stare at their I-Things too much and yes, they grunt at me and I do not know what language that is. BUT they are also adorable (even with zits and extreme severe gawkiness), and today I watched them lope ahead of me, together, the older one helping his younger brother find his locker in the high school, and I could not keep up with them because their legs are so long, and they are great. Ok, also severely sarcastic. But still great. SO MUCH LOVE in your future!

Kate August 23, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I just spent the last week reading the last two years of your blog, and I’m thrilled this was your most recent post, mostly because everything else was making me consider boarding my unborn child until she’s two. Now I know we’ll only have to do it until she’s like a year and a half.

brittany August 27, 2012 at 7:59 pm

love love love the happy baby post. :) i’ve been a loyal reader for a while now and i nominated you for a Liebster Blog–check it out here: http://thentherewaswe.blogspot.jp/2012/08/liebster-blog.html.

brittany

Sally B August 28, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I think we just became best friends. Love your post. You say a lot that I want to say but can’t…because my mother-in-law reads my blog.

kenz August 29, 2012 at 1:20 am

so it looks like you may have shut down the comments section on the unbabyme post, but i have a completely unrelated to the drama question for you. i recently chopped my hair from super long to right above my collarbone and i really want to curl it/have sexy beach waves but it keeps turning out like a poof-ball. the throw-back profile pic you included in the post with short curled hair is sooo cute. how did you do it? what size curling iron? etc. thanks!!!

kenz August 29, 2012 at 1:20 am

ps – gavin is adorable these days…getting so big!

Amanda September 9, 2012 at 1:08 am

Oh my goodness. I don’t have kids of my own, but I have been reading your blog for about a year now and I love it. This post made me squeal! G is so adorable and he’s getting SO BIG. My only experience with babies is tons of babysitting, so reading your blog has kinda shown me what to expect. You are awesome!

gabNopbeell December 7, 2012 at 5:29 am

I am a single Mum to one I like a guy who can make me laugh so looking for someone with a good sense.
Moved from burnley to milton keynes and hopefully to meet new people and just see what happens.
I’M a single mum of a 7 yr old girl (Not looking to have anymore), moved.
Life is too shor.
Hope you well and like my profile and thank you for looking at my profile page.

Im looking for a nice guy who will treat me right and love me for me not had much look with men so p.
Sob.
Names Holly, Im 18, Live In Norfolk, Happy And Bubbly Girl With A good Sence Of Humour :), Like To M.
Nice, sweet and funnyor so I’M told! Don’T be shy to drop me a message, I’Ll reply.
Hey im Amy.
Im a happy-go-lucky, confident girl.
Heey.