The 2nd biggest secret I didn’t try so hard to keep. Like, ever.

**comments are on a delay. They will show up just not right away**

Well here we are. It’s been 10 days. I am back. Blogging is apparently the only profession (and I’m using giant air quotes around that word), where one is not allowed any breaks. I literally got hate mail for taking a break. Dudes. I love you. But chill. I’ve been blogging for 3 years. THREE YEARS. And the only other break I have ever taken was for a short spell when I was preg with G. And the only reason I took that break was because I felt like I couldn’t really blog honestly with a secret.

So here we are again. With a secret. I hate secrets. They are dumb and for diaries and trapper keepers. But some secrets are necessary and this was one of them. Although I’ll be honest, I tried about as hard as Christina Aguillera is trying to not wear slutty clothes on The Voice.

Watch my video and my secret will be revealed.

Well? Are you as shocked as the shocker? No?? That’s ok. This wasn’t for shock value. I’ll give you a little back story about what’s been going on. Dudes. Shit has been real around here. I have been so incredibly sick for 24 hours a day for the ENTIRE duration of this pregnancy. There have been long stretches where I could not get out of bed. I couldn’t eat food. I couldn’t even drink water. Not to mention I have a crazy toddler to take care of. B has been a lifesaver. The docs put me on a med that is like red pill/blue pill shit. Meaning…you can either have your pooper backed up enema style or you can deal with your vomiting. I tried both. Let’s just say it’s a cruel cruel choice to make.

On top of this, we didn’t even get to hear a heartbeat until yesterday. I mean, my 16 year acne skin, boobs from Mars, vomit life and thickity thickness were telling me YOU ARE SO F-ING PREGNANT. But I just needed to know and to see that everything is ok. And it is. Everything is super with our little Yoshi.

And B needed to see too. Because APPARENTLY men don’t officially recognize pregnancies until they see it with their own two eyes. NBD B, I’ll just puke my brains out until you’re comfortable recognizing things.

So are we happy? Yes. Are we excited? Yes. Are we nervous? YES. But to answer your question before you ask like Pete did…no we aren’t just “busy”, we planned things this way. We wanted kids close in age to be buddies and get them out of diapers quickly. We know it’s going to be hard hard work. But we’re ready (so not ready).

I’ll tell you this: this pregnancy is 100% totally different than G’s. With G, I was like DUDES pregnancy is cake. You are all WIMPS. I’ll be a surrogate for 50 Guiliana Rancics. No problem. Now? F THAT. THIS IS MY LAST CHILD. I PROMISE YOU THIS. This pregnancy is so hard. SO HARD.

But BUT maybe that means it’s a girl. Maybe it means it’s the devil. But hopefully just a regular girl.

12 weeks down, 40 million to go.

I’m worried I’m going to get fat. Like not cute preg fat, regular fat.

I’m worried about a lot. And we’re going to talk about it all.

Because….

I’M BACK.

POSTED IN: Awesome things,MODG,Preg Stuff

Cookie's Momster May 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

Heartiest Congratulations to you and your family!! I can’t wait to hear all about baby Yoshi’s progress and to see how your wit grows along with your baby bump :)

Send some baby-dust my way….

Cami May 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

YAY!
the Hubs and I are trying to decide when we should start going at it for another one. To be honest, I am scared out of my brains for another baby, especially since this one has been such a crazeball…
Good luck, momma MODG!

Megan May 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

I was UBER sick when I was pregnant with my daughter… it sucks, but was oh-so-worth-it. Congratulations on your new Yoshi. How exciting! And that dress you’re wearing, the gorgeous purple one, I want it. Please and thank you. Ha. Where shall I find such a thing?

abi May 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

Congrats- yeah I totally knew it : ) but wait Oh NO I am due in October, whatever will I do with my #2 until you have your Yoshi cause I need and hang on your every word of child raising? You are so my go to guru.

Brandy May 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

I CRIED! WHAT is wrong with me?!

I’m so excited for you guys. And I never comment.

AND as if my baby fever weren’t already in full swing (which is not okay, because my babe is only 7 months), my uterus is now just aching for another one! Thanks a lot, MODG.

Emily May 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

Totally cried too. And got the baby fever also.

Ruth May 2, 2012 at 11:51 am

Cried as well. Baby fever.

Please tell us all of the horrible things about this pregnancy. Hearing them helps me with waiting until hubs is ready.

Brittany May 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Also cried, also have the baby fever (never had one, want one badly).

Ashley May 3, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Brandy, I am the same way! My little one is 6 months and I have baby fever too. CRAZY!!

MODG – I had sickness new and I had a little girl. Fingers crossed for you!

Lindsay May 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

Congrats! I hate you’ve been sick, but secretly (not secretly) and excited to read all about your pregnancy!

britt May 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

Congrats! I watched the video with my 19 mo daughter and when she saw the ultrasound, she started screaming “NO NO NO.” Guess its a good thing she’s going to be an only child.

Amy May 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

Woohoo! Congratulations! You look amazing.

Brittany May 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

Yay! Congrats!

Anna May 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

Congratulations MODG! Fabulous news for you and the fam, even if pregnancy this time round isn’t sunshine and rainbows and shit – got my fingers crossed for you that it will get better.

Olivia May 2, 2012 at 8:11 am

I’m crying. I love you and you are a rockstar. Congratulations! You’re already glowing

Colleen May 2, 2012 at 8:11 am

Aaaaaah Hooray Hooray Hooray! I totally got all teary when I read this! So much better than being dead or diseased! Cant wait to read all about baby round two! Congrats :)

Brandy May 2, 2012 at 8:13 am

Then I watched the video again. And teared up again. Then I wrote this. And then I finally read the rest of the post.

ElisaM May 2, 2012 at 8:13 am

Congratulations!!! Shame on those who sent you hate mail for taking a break. Having kids two years apart is tough, but great, I know, my oldest two are 2.5 years apart and great friends now, when they aren’t beating each other :)

Jessica May 2, 2012 at 4:25 pm

YES! SHAMESHAMESHAME! Maybe they were just trying to be funny. But still – heaps o’ shame! (also Elisa it’s the same with mine – love each other TO DEATH when they can keep hands to themselves).

Denise May 2, 2012 at 8:14 am

Congrats! I hope you get your little girl. I can’t wait to read all about it.

KT May 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

Congrats!!! Of course it’s a girl–of all the ladies I know who are preggo now, not one of them is expecting a boy. 2012 is the year of baby girls! Your video made my whole morning and of course made me cry. Thanks for sharing this with us! Hopefully you won’t be so sick through the second and third trimester!

Jamie @ See You There! May 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

AHHH Congrats!!!! I might be one of the, like, 5 people who didn’t guess that you were preggo. Total shocker for me!! And SO happy for you!!! The series of photos of G giving you a kiss are precious :) Welcome back!

hannah May 2, 2012 at 8:16 am

so, so happy for you modg. this brought tears to my eyes.

Fiona May 2, 2012 at 8:16 am

Cobgratulations MODG!! And B and Big Brother G.

My sister just announced she is preg and due in November too, so that’s two awesome sparkle babies for me to look forward to. The excitement is almost too much.

Bryna May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yay! Congratulations! I had wicked morning sickness with both of my pregnancies and was on zofran for the duration. The magic combo was mirlax in my tea every night so that my poops were not the size and consistency of bowling balls. It takes a few days to get in your system and really work, but once it dose, you will feel SO MUCH better, as long as you take the zofran and drink the mirlax laced tea. Hope you feel better! And congrats again!

christine May 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Amen sicky sister. Amen. (Thats how I survived both my pregnancies!)

Julie R. May 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Zofran was so amazing I seriously thought about naming my daughter after it!!!

Jessica S. May 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I am 8 weeks pregnant and Zofran is my new best friend! I seriously don’t know what I would do without it – oh wait, yes I do. I would be laying bed staring at the ceiling because anything else would make me sick!

Katic C May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!! So happy for you :)

Megan May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

I’m sitting here on the other side of the world bawling my eyes out because I’m so happy for the three of you. Damn dirty uterus longing to be occupied.
Congratulations! Hoorah for Valentine’s Day-ish conceptions! :D

AshleEeeeEEeEEEe May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

MODG-Y!!! Isn’t kind of strange that like I said before, G and my Girl R are close in age (2 months apart almost exactly–she is 2 months older) and NOW you are going to be having your second babe 2 months before MY second…maybe not so weird, but I like it and I’m super excited for your family and mine!!! let the preg blogs begin so I can relate and be happy! yessssssssss welcome back mama X’s 2!!!!!

Meg May 2, 2012 at 8:19 am

Congratulations MODG! I’m so excited to stalk you through this pregnancy since I just joined the MODG bandwagon 7 months ago! And you’re SOO having a girl! Hope things get better as you get into the 2nd trimester and sooner than later!!

Nwright May 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

AWESOME! Coming from a 29 year old mom with 6 kiddos, 6 and under, you can do this! Its harder , pregnancy wise, the second time around because you have a toddler in the mix, but easier when the little babe gets here because you know what you are doing! I was destroyed when I had my first. Like couldn’t wrap my mind around how any woman could do this mother thing. But 14 months later when her sister made her arrival, I felt waaaay more equipped to handle the phenomenon that is having a baby! Who knows, you might feel so confident in you mothering abilities that you’ll do it again…and again…and again? Haha, or is that talk just reserved for crazy Catholics like myself? Congrats again! Super exciting! No better news than a baby!

Susannah May 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

Congratulations! So exciting!

a May 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

Ahhhh!! So excited for you and your fam!!! Big props to you for toughing it out being super sick and finding a way to take care of G. My son just turned one and we are getting ready to try for number 2. I’m pretty much 50% super pumped 50% think I might be insane…. So thanks for leading the way! Can’t wait to heard or more posts, but take it easy!!!!

Erin May 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

Congratulations! Sorry to hear you’ve been sick, that’s terrible.

Kristen May 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

So many things to say! First, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So excited and happy for you and B and G. Can’t wait to read all about PregMODG2.0. Sorry about all the vomming and dying and whatnot but that def might mean it’s a girl. Okay and second of all, you made me cry with that adorable video and also made me dead because I read/watched this post on my drive to work even though I NEVER do that (I’ve seen the Oprah episode) because I just couldn’t take the excitement/suspense. So thanks for making me walk into work with cry-eyes and using my phone while driving guilt.

Oh and the hate mail senders can suck it. I missed your posts too but you’re definitely allowed to take a break.

Nicole May 2, 2012 at 8:25 am

Amazing. Tears. Congrats!

colleen May 2, 2012 at 8:25 am

fuuuccckkkkk yesssssss modg! so happy for you guys and that your plans to have them close in age are working out. and I hope you feel better really soon. can’t wait to see G as an older brother!

Shannon May 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

YEA!! Congrats MODG family!

Lauren @ Turquoise & Gold May 2, 2012 at 8:30 am

I am so excited for you and your family! And I am pretty pumped to finally hear someone I “know” having evil morning sickness, because so far everyone acts like they don’t believe me when I say how sick I have been… I was also given the red/blue pill, and pooped about 5 times in one month. Enemas? pshhh no big deal. I may just start doing those for fun.

Congrats and G’s little shirt was a super cute idea!

demi May 2, 2012 at 8:31 am

OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!! So beyond happy for you! And it is SO a girl. I was death on a platter for 9 months for both of my girls, and so yeah, juss sayin! :D LOVE love love the video! YAY!!

Julie K May 2, 2012 at 8:32 am

I’m so happy for you all, I’m sat here crying like a big wet blouse. Here’s hoping the next few weeks are easier and fly by. My pregnancy sucked majorly, but hey it only lasted 30 weeks! Oh and the girl child thing totally rocks, but bloody hell they are hard work!

Mrs Oat May 2, 2012 at 8:35 am

Congratulations!!

KP May 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

I’m confused as to why no one has commented yet. Unless I just happened to be the first person to read this?

Anyway…congratulations! You are giving me confidence that our idea of having two close together is not crazy. It’s probably still crazy, but at least I can say, “MODG is doing it!”

Katie R-G May 2, 2012 at 8:38 am

HAPPY SPARKLE VOMIT TO YOU!!!!!!!!! I feel you sister, we’ve got a mini-unicorn residing in my belly right now and I’ve been in a state of constant naseau for weeks. I almost threw up my guts in the car ride to work this morning. Totally last infantino for me too. So seriously, I found your blog when I was preg with my now 18 month old, when you were preg with G, and now I can use you to keep me sane again. YES! Now to got throw up my ginger ale. PS, pic above is adorable. And girls always = the devil. FYI. Trust, I have 2 and am really hoping for a little boy I can rough house with and freak dad out by painting his toenails with his big sisters. FUN!

KMW May 2, 2012 at 8:39 am

Congratulations MODG on your new little yoshi! I hope your pregnancy gets easier – barfing your guts out isn’t a lot of fun. I had that for the first 5 months and then again at the end. And my little peanut was a girl – just sayin’

christine May 2, 2012 at 8:40 am

That medicine is a GODSEND. Took it at least once a day for 16 weeks with #1 and 20 weeks with #2 (both boys btw). Drink lots of miralax and be thankful that even though you’re full of shit (literally) you can function. Cause I feel your pain, Momma.

Side note, CONGRATS!!!

Rach May 2, 2012 at 8:41 am

Awwwwwww, MODG! The still shot in the video, of big brother G face to face with you = I die. Total meltfest.

Congrats to the three of you! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Leah May 2, 2012 at 8:41 am

Congratulations Mama!

Kristen May 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

I left a comment and it didn’t show up! The gist was “OMG OMG congrats so excited for you sorry about the vomming/dying and also I read this while driving to work even though that’s a recipe for death (sorry Oprah) because i was so excited to see what your news was even though we knew this was what it was and also your video made me cry b/c you’re awesome so eff the haters, you can take a break whenever you want.”

Kim May 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

Congrats! I found out first thing this morning when my husband emailed me with only a subject line: Modg is pregnant!

I guess he was also pretty excited about your return.

christine May 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

That medicine is a GODSEND. Took it at least once a day for 16 weeks with #1 and 20 weeks with #2 (both boys btw). Be thankful that even though you’re full of shit you can function. And drink LOTS of miralax.

Side note, CONGRATS!

Carly May 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

I never comment- but yay! How exciting! Congrats!

Brittany May 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

Yay!! Congratulations to you B and G! So excited to have you blog about your preg journey number two!

Graeme's mommy May 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

Yay! Congratulations!! G will make an awesome big brother. Love how you told B… For future reference, (my DS is only 3 weeks old, so it’ll be a while before I need it…), but WHERE did you get G’s “Going to be a BIG Brother” shirt? It’s totally adorbs… Hope the puking subsides soon. Congrats again!

Mindy May 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

Aww Congratulations!!!! I literally got goosebumps when you “told” B :-)

Now I’m off to listen to some Michael Buble on Pandora…

Cyn May 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

Congrats! Yay for babies.

erin May 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

awww, congrats, modg!!! very happy for you :)

Latasha May 2, 2012 at 8:46 am

Love this post, every part of it! Congrats!

Jennah May 2, 2012 at 8:46 am

yay! also: good luck. you are braver than I am. We’re gonna wait looooonger than that between.

Valerie May 2, 2012 at 8:47 am

Congratulations!!! I knew that’s what was going on, and was hoping so, because we are due at the same time! I’ve been sick the last 7 weeks or so, too, so if you need sympathy I’m your girl!

Megan May 2, 2012 at 8:48 am

I literally just screamed – then cried when I watched your video! I’m due in October and so freaking excited to follow along with your next journey. Congrats to you and B & G!

Sara May 2, 2012 at 8:48 am

Yay! Congrats mOdg!!!

Rei May 2, 2012 at 8:49 am

Congratulations! Sorry about the super pukes, but I hope you start feeling better soon so you can enjoy this.

Laura May 2, 2012 at 8:49 am

ok, I just cried…I am such a sap. I am so excited to hear all your crazy, hilarious stories:)

Congrats…rooting for a vagina!

Mandy May 2, 2012 at 8:49 am

Congratulations!

Andrea May 2, 2012 at 8:52 am

Awwww, congrats, this is such a sweet time in life. I’m happy for you, but mostly, I’m happy that it’s not me. :)

Take care of yourself. Many many healthy, happy and non-pukey thoughts coming your way.

Jess May 2, 2012 at 8:53 am

Seriously, no comments yet?!
Well this is my first, and I couldn’t be more excited for you!
Mostly just excited to hear all of your preg horror/funny stories, but also excited for you!
BTW, I’m one of the ones who totally read your entire blog archive in about 2 days and loved every single post. :)

Meredith May 2, 2012 at 8:56 am

Great news! Congratulations! Here’s to no more barfing

Miss Andi May 2, 2012 at 8:57 am

Congratulations!!!!!!

My pregnancy was super green and pukey. My heart (and stomach) go out to you. I had a very hard pregnancy but a ridiculously easy birth. Seriously, people wanted to punch me. So, maybe labor will be easy-peasy for you this time.

Ps. On the pukey front, I found sucking on Preggo pops twice a day and Lemonheads in between incredibly helpful. Yeah, Lemonheads….weirdo but effective. Also, I switched prenatal vitamins 5 times because they really made it worse. I finally found one (of course, it ended up being the *most* expensive ones) that didn’t add to the constant puking.

LY May 2, 2012 at 8:57 am

Congrats! I hope you get your sparkle girl, too. Although that picture of you and G, nose to nose? I die.

Skooks May 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

I had a feeling (as many did) . . . I’m with you on the feeling like it will take millions more weeks though. I was due 2 days ago and this kid still won’t come out. And yes . . . it feels ENDLESS even though I know I’m not going to give birth to a 15 year old. Still. Congratulations. I hope the yuckies go away soon and that the 2nd trimester treats you better. Hang in there.

Lluvia May 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

What an incredible blessing! Congratulations! I have sisters close in age, and I love it! We are best friends. I hope it gets better as your pregnancy progresses. My pregnancy was also a piece of cake.

Lindsey May 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

Congratulations!!!! This actually did not cross my mind for why you took a break; I figured it was some work related confidentiality crap. But this is WAY better than that! Best of luck with the pregnancy; hopefully this sucky first part will pass soon. And I love how you captured B’s reaction on video; I love it! Congratulations again!

Steph May 2, 2012 at 9:01 am

Congrats to you! With my 1st pregnancy I was sick for like 4 months…then one day *poof* it went away. My oldest was 10 months old when I got pregnant with my 2nd. It is super hard being pregnant and having a toddler. But now it’s 7 years later and I’m SO glad we had them close together! They are the best of friends:). Part of me wishes I would have waited…only because they are little for only so long and I like to savor each moment!

Megan May 2, 2012 at 9:02 am

Congrats on your new little bean! And I love the pregnancy pic- I have a feeling pinterest might have been your inspiration? My next baby is going to have all kinds of amazing pics my 10 month old doesn’t have because I hadn’t discovered when he was born! I can’t wait to see how this preg and having a newborn and toddler play out for you- I have kind stole some ideas from you (BLW) and used you as inspiration (standing my ground with breatfeeding) so I feel like A) we’re BFFs and B) watching you go through this experience will help me when know what I’m in for when I’m in your shoes! Congrats again and I hope you get your girl (although I don’t know WHY you’d want one of those little bundles of hormones drama, no matter how cut their clothes are!)

Halley May 2, 2012 at 9:03 am

Omg! Congratulations! I totally choked up at the ultra sound! My baby is four months old today…. Seeing this totally makes me want 5857984322255 more babies (but I’m not a huge fan of pregnancy…) I’m so excited to watch another Modg + B baby flourish! G will love being a brother! Congratulations again!

Laura C May 2, 2012 at 9:04 am

MODG!! Oh, happy for the four of you. I just have this feeling that all the next round of pregs are girls, you know? Because EVERYONE just had a boy in my world so we are due some vaginas. So def trust some rando stranger’s woo-woo gut and buy pink, yo. Also can I just say that I am glad you are doing the Number Two before me, so that you can tell me what to do?

Shaunel May 2, 2012 at 9:05 am

I have two baby girls – two years apart. It’s the best thing ever. That said, I was fairly certain I was giving birth to the devil both times. Sick as a dog and totally out of my mind. With the second pregnancy, when I started putting on weight like a beached whale, my doctor recommended low carbs and truckloads of protein. OH, and no sugar. I was desperate and tried it. It worked. Sickness vanished. And so did the ridiculous weight gain. Just my two cents.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Bek Wright May 2, 2012 at 9:05 am

OMGGGGEJSJSJSNSNWUSB I AM SO CRAZY SHIT BALLS HAPPY!! Mostly for you BUT ALSO FOR ME BECAUSE IM DUE IN DECEMBER AND WE CAN BE PREGGO TWINS KIND OF!! I too am hoping for a vagina this time! YES!! So happy!!

Also, props for recreating the Pinterest preggo week thingy, you gave me the suggestion of incorporating number 1 into it and now I can see how to do it! Yay :)

Also again, my sister is impregnated also and has been crazy sick too, as in hospitalized from
Spewing fountains sick, for my own selfish reasons I hope you ladies being sick doesn’t equal pink babies cause I haven’t been sick and I want a girl this time!!

Congrats and love and kisses and rainbow sparkle unicorn poop
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Kristyn M May 2, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’m sure a million people have already said congrats but CONGRATS! I hope its a little girl too – last year was the year for boys around here (only one of six friends were having a girl) but this year has turned out to be the year for girls (all three so far are having/had girls)! I absolutely love the 12 weeks picture with the facts and that you are including G in those facts. He is going to be a great big brother and you will be a great mom to two!

Elizabeth May 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

YAY!!!! I’m preg with my first, but just 9 weeks so it’s still a secret in my world. I’ve been super pukey too. Can’t wait to go through this with you. Sparkle hugs and wishes for vaginas! XO

NSC May 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

Your video made me cry…so sweet!!

And I TOTALLY KNEW IT!!!

Congratulations Modg. I hope you have a baby with girl bits. I too, was unable to get out of bed for three months, and I had a girl. You will find out, yes??

Kelley May 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

Congratulations!! Sorry you’ve been so sick. My first pregnancy was cake too, makes me even more afraid to get preggers again.

Kelley May 2, 2012 at 9:07 am

PS—SUPER glad you’re back, and looking forward to new preggo posts!

Kristin May 2, 2012 at 9:07 am

YAY! Congratulations! I totally knew it.

Kaelaqlc May 2, 2012 at 9:08 am

Congratulations MODG!!!

Alex May 2, 2012 at 9:08 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SO excited for you. And you’re totally having a girl. Because my only one is a girl and let me tell you, all those nasty symptoms…I had. Boys are la la la all songs and wonderment and having a girl sucks the pretty and the life right out of you.

And now I also totally want to have another one. Who’d have thought at 24 I’d actually be hoping to get pregnant again :)

Kate May 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

Congratulations! I’m not gonna lie, this lurker also suspected you were knocked up. I had a bunch of friends/family/readers tell me the same thing when we made our announcement, just because it was SO HARD not to blog about our pregnancy for the first 12 weeks (I’m 23 weeks now, so everyone and their mother knows. :-P) Apparently the not telling was almost the same as just telling!

Jessica May 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

yay modg!! i wondered where you were, but unlike others i wasn’t pissed about it. i figured you had your reasons, but i am so glad you’re back! i loved that video. i love your husband’s reaction, it made me tear up a little! i think it’s mostly because i’m due in august so i basically cry at everything i see, but it was so sweet. so happy for you guys!!! : )

Jessica May 2, 2012 at 9:10 am

YAAAAAAAY!!! Congratulations MODG, B, and especially G! I had my babies close together and it was definitely the way to go for my family (not saying everyone should do it that way sistas…just that it worked out great on our end). I will also say that having a sibling was the best thing that ever happened to my darling #1 son, in so many ways, but mostly because it forced me to become more laid back and gave him some space (insert helicopter sound effects here). You guys are going to be fabulous. CONGRATS AGAIN!

Kelsey May 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

Yay Modg! I’m so excited to travel down the pregnancy road with you again. My daughter was born days before G and it looks like #2 could be the same…wishing us both luck!

Dacia May 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

Yay! Ditto to everything you said! We are prego buddies only you are 2 weeks ahead of me!

Jackie May 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

yay!!!

Meghan May 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

Welp, out of alllllll the things I was expecting this was, surprisingly, NOT one of them. But omgwtflol congratulations!!! That is so freaking exciting and I’m so happy for you, B, and G. I am NOT happy for the voms and the poops and the general grossness you are experiencing. Hey, if it’s any consolation, I was sick as a dog for four months and HATED the beginning of my pregnancy, and I had a girl. So maybe!!

Anyway, congrats, and honestly, while I TOTALLY guessed you were preg last time, I really didn’t guess this time. So you’re totally good at keeping secrets…I hope you’re feeling better soon and tell G to take care of his mama!!

Kiki May 2, 2012 at 9:13 am

Yeah for you all! Babies close in age are great — mine are 18 months apart. They have built in little playmates which helps when you need time for important things like blogging.

And November babies, speaking as one myself, are awesome. Congrats. Can’t wait to see where this one takes you.

Laura May 2, 2012 at 9:13 am

welcome back! Congratulations, the video totally made me cry!!!

karin meares May 2, 2012 at 9:13 am

boom! super congrats!
i wish you the best with your final pregs! thanks for sharing your life w/ us.

Melissa May 2, 2012 at 9:15 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! (So I couldn’t see the video because of silly firewall restrictions but YAY!) Sooo excited for you guys. G-money will be an awesome big bro.

PS. Maybe if you are puking the whole time you won’t get fat. Upside, right? No? NevermindI’llbequietnow.

Melissa May 2, 2012 at 9:17 am

We knew it! Yay!…except for all for the sickness. Congrats!

Domesticated Gal May 2, 2012 at 9:17 am

I’m not gonna lie. It’s going to be hard for the first year. Ours are 18mo apart, and I’m living for the second one’s first birthday. When they’ll magically start playing together.

Which means in 1year, 6 months – You’ll have all the time in the world to blog! Which, we all know, is exactly why you did this.

So Congratulations?
And Thanks!

Janet May 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

Okay, we must be secret sex buddies… my daughter was due the same day as G, and I am going for my 12 week ultrasound today. Crazy. Anyways, congrats and hopefully the voms will take a hike now that you are all second-trimester and what-not.

Amber May 2, 2012 at 9:20 am

I just started reading a few months ago and just got caught up about the same time you took a break.
CONGRATULATIONS! Cannot wait for what’s to come!

Xoxo

diddy bop May 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

Congrats modg! I hope your womb is filled with butterflies and rainbows and sparkles and sass.

Lauren May 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

This totally just made me all teary. Brings back memories of our announcements a year and a half ago. *sad*
Congratulations though MODG. I really hope things get easier for you soon… I was another with an “easy” pregnancy so I can’t imagine your shock now. I was hoping my next pregnancy (if I can ever convince hubbilicious) would be just as simple! Eeeeek! :D

Courtney May 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

Aww!!! Congrats MODGIE!!! (I just made that nickname up. Hope it’s ok) F the haters! Take another 10 days just to watch their heads explode! :) :)

Maggie May 2, 2012 at 9:33 am

ZOMG!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for your family right now!!!!!

Megs May 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

Yea yea yea! Not so yea about the puking and generally feeling like shit part though. I’ve got boy #2 coming in August. Kids will be only 22 months apart. I know we did this on purpose and all, but I’m terrified. Looking forward to hearing how you guys handle it!

Erika B. May 2, 2012 at 9:38 am

Congrats! So excited for you guys, the video made me teary eyed, it’s just perfect! Cheers to a Yoshi with a VAGINA! ;p

Shannon May 2, 2012 at 9:41 am

Congratulations!!!! I LOVE Pregnant Modg stories! I have a 4 month old who was born this past December and my husband keeps saying he doesn’t want anymore but I told him I still want to try for a little girl, I think we want to wait until our son is out of diapers though, not sure I could handle twice the amount of poopy diapers!! Keeping my fingers crossed you get a little girl!! So happy for you!

Katie May 2, 2012 at 9:43 am

Congrats!! I bet it is a girl!!

I was SOOOO sick with my daughter… I had a natural childbirth but always say that the first trimester was way more painful than pushing her out without any drugs. My hubs and I are on the fence about having another and every time I think of how sick I was at the beginning, I feel like our little family of 3 is perfect…

So happy for you!

Lorah May 2, 2012 at 9:43 am

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys.
So sorry you are so sick! I am 16 weeks with my 1st and I have zero symptoms as of right now. So I can only imagine how bad it sucks being sick with at toddler. Best wishes going your way!!

Cole May 2, 2012 at 9:44 am

Amanda! (yea, i called you by your first name, not MODG—because i feel like we already know eachother!) Congrats! Wonderful news. I am thinking of having babies close together too—and i’m excited to see how this pans out. You’ll be like my little guiney pig…see if i want 2…THAT close together (it was a plan, but now after Aj who is 4 months, i’m debating on putting it on hold for a little longer)! :) Looking forward to reading all your pukey posts! Excited. Might be a girl. I read a while back about a way of telling if your next one will be a boy or girl, by the back of your kids head—and i’m so having a boy if this is true, because his is a straight line…how about G? Does he have a point, or straight line?? (I THINK YOU POSTED ABOUT THIS BEFORE…I’m having a Déjà vu moment !)

Lara @It's A Girl Thing! May 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

I am soooo super excited for you! I have so much unsolicited advice. I was really sick with my second, and thought it was totally a girl, but it was another boy. And they are barely 2 years apart and best friends. But my third really was a girl, and I puked so much with her. I couldn’t drink water in the middle of the night without puking. So I would just rinse my mouth even though I was dying of thirst. I ate a lot of crackers and peppermints and drank a lot of sprite. The candy, especially peppermints, really helps. I was also constantly hungry, so I always had to have food nearby, or I would puke.

I love the picture of you and G. It is so precious, and I wish Pinterest had been around during one of my pregnancies. You look amazing! So much love for you and the babies. Oh, and I guess for B too!

Bailey@peppermintbliss May 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

Congratulations. That is so exciting! Hoping you get a lady baby, and that maybe being sick will keep you skinny for a bit longer because I gained 70.Pounds.With.My.Baby.Girl. And she is 9 months old and I am still trying to lose…a lot of it. Real pregnancy fats are something to fear. But mostly, CONGRATULATIONS!

Tia May 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

Congratulations!!! This is such exciting news! I admit, I was one of the ones to get all teary eyed watching your video, but that’s probably because I’m due to have my second girl in 3 1/2 weeks. I hope you get the girl you want…all signs point to it so far. :) I was sick (albeit in different ways) with both of my girls. BTW, I love how you told B. We chose to tell our family that way at my daughter’s first birthday party. Her last present she opened was a shirt that said “I’m going to be a big sister!” Such a great way to tell people. :)

elizabeth May 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

congratulations! i know you and B must be so excited (and G, too)! i loved the video and the t-shirt. hopefully g takes to being a big sibling well. i will share that when my little brother was born, i was two, and told my parents i didn’t want a brother. then little brother “gave” me a pink tricycle and all was right i the world.

Jessica May 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

Holy Monkey Balls!
I am right there with ya, sister. My first pregnancy was a breeze, and I thought hey, I could totally be serious competition for that family on TLC that has 19+ kids. And now a little over a year later, at 11 weeks, I’m sporting an awesome puke face to work, complete with bloodshot eyes and snot trails on my face.
But I regress…I’m excited to hear your pregnancy progress; I’ve been missing me my MODG! Congratulations and good luck!

Jessica May 2, 2012 at 9:55 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the new baby (hopefully with a vagina!)

Bekkah May 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

Congrats! That is wonderful, exciting news!

Also, how lame is it that you got hate mail for taking a break? You’re hilarious and I like you, but my life will not end if you don’t post for a few days.

Mrs. Monologues May 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

Congratulations! I was not expecting to get teary eyed, but way to go you totally got me with that video of your husband finding out. Congratulations!

Stacey May 2, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’m crying. Thanks for that. Also CONGRATS!! I don’t know how old G is, but as a mom of two boys 15 months apart, I can tell you that yes it’s tough to have them close together, but it’s also AWESOME. They are total buds when they’re not beating the snot out of each other ( I don’t even notice anymore ) AND I can see the light at the end of the cloth diaper tunnel already – FOR BOTH! ohdearjeeebus let it be soon….

Again, congrats. And thanks for sending me to work with puffy eyes.

brit May 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

CONGRATS! I don’t wanna scare you, but my first pregnancy was easy peasy and I had a little boy. Not a second of morning sickness and my hair looked fabulous. Then I got pregnant with a girl. I turned into a raging wildebeast and was sick every day until week 20. So I hope that doesn’t happen to you.

Nicole Raber May 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Congrats MODG & fam! And I have to say, I love the temp name of Yoshi. Much better than Cletus the Fetus, which was commonly used during my last pregnancy to describe me & 2 others in my fam there were all preggers at the same time. Sending you non-puking and green-light-pooping vibes.

Rachel May 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Wow congratulations! I have loved reading your blog so much, and then I turned my mom onto it and she became super addicted and for the past two weeks she kept calling me, and instead of being like “how is your life, darling daughter,” she’d be like “ughhh why isn’t MODG blogging anymore? I miss her.” I miss you, too, Mom. Hah. Anyway we are both super-psyched for you! Hope you feel much better soon and enjoy the pregnancy!

miranda May 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

YAY!!! I AM SO SUPER JAZZED! Congrats!!

Liz May 2, 2012 at 10:12 am

YAY! YAY FOR MODG! I’m so happy for you!
Ice-cold San Pellegrino Limonata was what helped my nausea the most. And remember, the 50-pound weight gain is the new 35-pound weight gain.

Amber May 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

Congratulations!!! I hope the sickness passes soon, and you get the chance to actually enjoy your pregnancy!

Allison k May 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

Yay! Congrats!!! Loves the video. It made me cry, but I am blaming that on pregnancy hormones (today is my due date)! Also…you look gorgeous in that dress.

Laurie May 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

I cried too! What a great video. Congratulations!

Corinne May 2, 2012 at 10:16 am

DUDE, I WAS SO RIGHT! As soon as you said you were taking another break, I said to myself, self, MODG is pregnant again.

Congrats, hun! I’m glad you’ll be sharing this one with us a little bit more!

annie May 2, 2012 at 10:16 am

MODG, congratulations to you and your family!!! This is such great news. I’m just a few weeks behind you, expecting our first in December. I loved reading your preg posts – and now looking forward to round 2! Biggest congratulations and hope you’re feeling better soon!!

Jordan May 2, 2012 at 10:21 am

Super excited for you! Hoping for a regular girl baby…although I can say from personal experience (I have 4 kiddos: 2 girls, 2 boys) that even “normal” girl babies have a touch of Satan to them. So either way… ;) Congrats, MODG!

Leyna619 May 2, 2012 at 10:25 am

Cried. And want to yell at my husband for not getting me pregnant again yet. Very, very excited for you! Congratulations :)

Anne May 2, 2012 at 10:25 am

YAY!! The second time around is SO MUCH BETTER!!! You aren’t NEARLY as nervous, you have a slight clue what the hell you are doing, trust me, it’s better. Though you can’t nap when baby naps, because of that toddler…but still, better. We LOVE having ours close in age!! Best friends!! Congrats!!

Mandy May 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

Congratulations!! So happy for you. I missed your posts but I didn’t send hate mail, I promise. But seeing MODG show up in my Google Reader this morning was super awesome.

Also, I was sure we were only having the one kid (he’s 3 months) until I saw this video. I cried a little and now I want another one.

Pickle May 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

Ahhh congratulations! I totally cried too, but at least I can blame postpartum hormones. I had my third baby girl a month ago, 24 months after her big sister arrived. It’s actually not at nutty as I exPected (although the jealousy from big sis was a little surprising it died down quickly). I think I knew what to expect and was more able to roll with it. I hope the same is true for you and that you are feeling better soon! Looking forward to reading about little Yoshi :)

audrey May 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

Congratulation!!!! So very exciting. <3

Julialifeisart May 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

One million congrats. I can’t wait to hear whether she’s a girl to see whether that gender predictor someone mentioned a while back about the hairline of the child you already have. I have been obsessing about that for months, continually checking my son’s back hairline to see if it’s changed. (I hope you know what I’m talking about.) Anyhoo… can’t wait for the “Stuff I Like: Preggo Edition.” YAY!

Sarah May 2, 2012 at 10:31 am

Congrats!! I am crying! I love this so much! B’s face is so precious…I love how excited he is! :) I was here for round one and I am so excited to be here for round two!!

Sabrina May 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

Congratulations! I was totally tearing up at your husband’s reaction. Very happy for all 3 (4?) of you.

Kelly G May 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

Oh my goodness! I am so beyond happy for you! However, I’m so sorry you have been so sick. If it makes you feel any better (which I’m sure it doesn’t) I can totally relate. I’m pregnant with baby #2 as well and this pregnancy has been NO joke! I’m 8 weeks and have been sick since the day I found out. Baby #1 was a boy (he’s 13 months old) and that pregnancy was AMAZING! I’m hoping all this sickness means I’m pregnant with a little girl. I know I don’t know you in real life but I’m super excited to be pregnant together. This post was spot on with everything I’ve been going through. Congratulations! :) Here we go!

Marjori May 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

Congrats MODG! That’s so exciting! We’re pregnant together again!

Jess May 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

Congrats MODG! I knew you are trying to stay alive.. as am I. I’m almost 9 weeks and this one has been a lot harder. Hoping it also has a vagina this time. I just wanted to know if you popped a lot earlier. I started showing around 6 weeks this time. With my first, I was able to hide it until about 13 weeks. Plus my thighs and arms are already fat. I started a few pounds heavier this time but not that much. I hate everything about this pregnancy already except the baby.

Kelly May 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Congrats!! My girls are 20 1/2 months apart (7 months and 2) and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It is a blast!!

Kie May 2, 2012 at 10:45 am

Congrats. I figured, even if I didn’t “guess out loud” before. But that’s awesome.

I actually just found out I’m pregnant with my 2nd too! Not as far along, only 5 weeks at this point, but it will be fun to read your blog as I’m treking along only a few short weeks behind you.

You are going to be an awesome mom to your 2 little ones. I’m seriously happy for you!

JenM May 2, 2012 at 10:47 am

Oh man…B’s reaction was awesome. I’m so excited for you (and a little scared, because DAMN woman, those kids are gonna run your ass)! Congrats to you and your little family!

Kris May 2, 2012 at 10:48 am

I’m so excited for you congratulations!

amanda May 2, 2012 at 10:53 am

damn girl, your boobs be lookin’ good. I can’t even see the vomit stains.

Gini May 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

YAY!!! That’s so exciting, congratulations! You look adorbs in that dress, too. :)

Shannon May 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

AWESOME! (Like Danny Tanner). Congratulations, sorry that it has been hard so far…hope you continue to feel better!

Janet May 2, 2012 at 11:09 am

Yahoo! Congratulations, MODG! I hope your sickies go away soon – I, too, was sick as a dog with my daughter’s pregnancy and had to resort to medication, so I know how you feel.

But yay! Baby!

Megsie May 2, 2012 at 11:17 am

CONGRATS! So excited that you can blaze this trail and I can laugh along the way. I’m thinking we’re aiming for 20 months apart.

As a 7-month Zofran veteran (I threw up 12x a day for six months… and I had a girl, p.s.) I have to say the only way to survive the red pill blue pill dilemma is to take the pill with benefiber at least three times a day. If that doesn’t work, use a miralax chaser. I had to keep the pregnancy secret through month four of uncontrollable puking and that did the trick. Also dog poop bags on a roll were my bestie–it makes vomiting everywhere possible. Even if the vomiting doesn’t get better, you will get oddly accustomed to it and it will be like, “vomit while driving in rush hour traffic? n.b.d.”

smashleighmm May 2, 2012 at 11:25 am

Congratulations!!! That video made me cry, it was so sweet!

Britty May 2, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ack! SO CUTE! The freaking video and the picture with the words on the side and waaaahhhhhhH! You really are adorbz.

Molly May 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

YAY! So happy for you! Hopefully if the pregnancy part is hard the acutally baby part will be easy :)

Ivy May 2, 2012 at 11:34 am

Holy shizz balls!!!! We could be like twins or something…I’m expecting #3 and sounds like I’m due about a month after you. But anyway, boy #2 is 6 months older than G, and so I can totally relate. We weren’t really trying but we weren’t preventing either, so whaddya know, life decided to give us a happy little surprise :). This go round I feel nauseous everyday after lunch like clockwork, but luckily I can still keep food down…I just feel like I’ll puke my guts out right after I’m done.

Anyway, congratulations!!! So happy for you and your family!

Allie May 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

Congratulations! That video was fantastic. Welcome back!

Sara May 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

Son of a bitch hells yes! Your pregnancy sounds like the deathfest mine was for my first trimester. It gets better! Sort of. Still a lump at 23 weeks, but a lump that can keep her cookies down. And her cheese curls and her ice cream. I’m excited to read about how you’ve managed shitty pregness while taking care of G. The thought of my next pregnancy scares the hell out of me, and I’m not even done this one yet. Give me hope. Please. Seriously. Huge please.

Casey @ The Baker Bee May 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

CONGRATULATIONS! Not on the being sick part… that part sucks butthole and I feel bad for you. That is one of the seventymillion reasons I don’t think I want to be pregnant again. Pregnancy with Bug = cakewalk = pregnancy with baby #2 will be hell.

Michelle May 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

woot woot! Congrats! I’m a little ahead of the game… my baby girl is a few months younger than G, and I’m due a few months before you!!! It will be fun to share this journey with you.

I’m ashamed to admit, I saw this on pinterest first. I guess pinterest has jumped ahead of my google reader in importance…

Kelly L. May 2, 2012 at 11:49 am

Knew it. Called it. Told the world about it. And maybe I cried a little when you told your husband about it. Maybe. But seriously, I think your baby is either a.) a vampire (thus all these problems) b.) Suri (a super cute GIRL but definitely a sassy diva) or c.) Jesus. Take your pick. ;) but CONGRATS! So fun! I can’t wait because you pregnant before, man oh man, that was blast (for us at least.) keep that Yoshi cooking! And welcome back!

Alex @ Before The Baby Wakes May 2, 2012 at 11:51 am

I think I’m the Long Island Medium. With better hair, less 90′s style & I duh don’t live in Long Island. But for realz I have this sixth sense about pregnant people. Like I sniff them out like I’m a dog or something. I knew it on your last post. That or that. There was no other option in my head.

But OMG congrats! I felt the same way my first pregnancy I was all. “This is soooooooooo easy” this second time around hasn’t been as hard but I’m not entirely sure I’m enjoying it as much.

Jules May 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

I feel your pukey pain. I was ALL DAY LONG sick the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy. It was BRUTAL! Totally takes the joy away from the pregnancy. But then you see the little sea monkey moving on the screen and all of a sudden, puking into the toilet all day long doesn’t seem so bad. And we’re having a boy, due any day! Congratulations and I hope the puke fairy leaves you shortly so you can enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy! And sending some girl sparkle love to your womb…although as long as it’s healthy, that’s all that truly matters!

Amanda May 2, 2012 at 11:53 am

Yeeeehhh!! I’m so excited for you guys! And I’m sooo jealous, I want another little one so bad!

Fingers crossed for tiny lady parts!

Renee May 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Ok, THAT was the best video ever. It might just be because I am in my 3rd trimester and totally emo, but I literally cried. It is was so special watching you share the news with B. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS! P.S. This is my 2nd pregnancy also and let me just say it has been hell compared to the 1st. I thought for some odd reason, it would way easier bc I would be all “stretched out” already and know what to expect…no. I had that awful medicine too. What a dirty trick.

Jell Jell @ I'll Sleep When They're Grown May 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Congrats, doll! We’ll be huge pregs at the same time! You’re only about a month behind me. Are you craving sweets? That was my dead giveaway that I was having a second girl.

Jen May 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

SO this made me totally tear up at work (almost got my ballz busted watching it at work) and damn you! Just when I thought I’d accepted not having kids was my future and I was okay with it, well I’m so not okay with it. HOwever I am so Happy for you both!!

RaeRae May 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

LOVE IT! Congrats to you, B & Baby G.

Meagan {Green Motherhood} May 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Congratulations! And yes, I believe it is probably a girl, but you never know!
My mother in law and sister in law thought I was being über dramatic when it came to the pregnancy sickness. That is, until I threw up all of the three bites of thanksgiving meal i had and spent the night on the bathroom floor. Then, they got it.
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Butzy May 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm

great news- so happy for you and the little fam. my suspicions were correct- and welcome back! looking fwd to hearing all about it- you’re looking great, hope it gets easier.

Morgan May 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Congrats to you and your beautifully growing family!! I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling all vomity, that sucks!

Um so side comment/question open to all: I LOVE your videos, they are so awesome and really capture the “event” so beautifully without being regular-old-boring-home-video-like. What video editing software do you use?

Congrats again!

leslie May 2, 2012 at 12:39 pm

so so so happy for you and the video totally made me wanna bawl my eyes out// get knocked up. so sorry it’s been rough and hope you start feeling much better soon. :) YAY BABIES.

Stacy May 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Gah! I was totally shocked. You threw me off with that FB Instagram of rock climbing. I have a 19 month old and am actually having twins at the end of November. Please send a unicorn to hold one of them. I’ve been deathly ill compared to the first pregnancy too. I feel your pain. Glad your back and hope you get your girl.

Mary May 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Hurray!! So happy for you guys! Everyone I know is having girls, including me. I really don’t know how anyone chooses to do this again, but ask me again after July. I hear that you forget all about it after the baby arrives, right?

Lindsay May 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Congratulations!! I cried. Twice! You were the cutest pregnant lady with G and are already even cuter this time around :)

Liz May 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Im 11 weeks with my first. Sick as a dog. I simply must know: Where did you get that maxi dress?? Oh, and congrats!

Melissa May 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Congratulations! I just wanted to say that I had the easiest pregnancy ever with my first kid (a boy) and then my second was not so good. Not as bad as yours, but puking and grossness. It was a girl! So maybe yours will be too :)

Erin T. May 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Congratulations to you!!! I know exactly what you mean about wanting them close together. My two oldest are 2 yrs and 2 mos apart. It was a nice to be able to transition between baby/toddler to young children in a short span.

Although I’m now 20 weeks pregnant with my third and my two oldest are teenagers so apparently my sanity left me a LOOOONG time ago! LOL!

Congratulations again!!! :)

Brandi May 2, 2012 at 1:02 pm

YAY, congratulations!!!

Zuli May 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Congrats to you Modg and to your family! That’s awesome! They always tell you that you will be sick for the first trimester-12 weeks. I personally think it’s closer to 16 weeks. That’s the bad news :/ Good news is that you *only* have 4 weeks left if that is the case :)

Annalisa May 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

So exciting! Congrats! I have a 12 month old (where has the last year gone?!?!?) and we found we’re also having another baby! I’m 10 weeks and super excited. I completely feel you on the aches and pains and nausea. I thought baby #1 was a breeze but baby #2 has wiped me out! I think the lack of “me time” to rest and recover is what has made this harder but you just keep going. I also think the second I found out we were expecting my pants got tight and at 10 weeks I feel 1000x better in stretch pants or maternity gear :-(

Anyway, I’m stoked for you guys and am looking forward to more baby posts.

MandeeFoFandee May 2, 2012 at 1:17 pm

holy cow, that video gave me goosebumps! congrats! :)

Emma Louise May 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Omfg YAY! Congrats to you, B & Gavin!

Meaghan @ Bambino Mom May 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Perhaps I’m a bit emotional today (this week), but I cried happy tears when I saw your video. Awesome. I have been wondering what pregnancy number two will be like. Thank God you’re going ahead of me, so I can get the scoop.

Congratulations.

Shana May 2, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Chick, huge congrats!! Two kids are a blast – you will love it. I had a similar experience with pregnancy – easy first one, super sick the next. It’s so hard when u already have a little one. I live close-ish. If u ever want to go out for coffee (no, scratch that)…uh…saltines and tums, or to the playground where u sit and I run the boys, let me know. Seriously. You know where to find me. Xoxo S

Cat May 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Congrats! Sorry about all the haters sending you hate mail. I don’t know what you’ve tried for the vomming but you could always try ginger lollipops. Or like preggie pops. They seem hippie-ish/right up your alley.

Kerry May 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Modg! I’m so excited for you! And excited that we get to read about the adventures ahead. Congrats!

Steph May 2, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Omg that video of you telling B made me cry! I’m at work and had to run into the bathroom to watch this video. I didn’t even care that my co-workers came in and I’m listening to Michael Buble in the stall, that was so adorable! Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

Erin May 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I come from the thinking of you pre-baby. I want nothing to do with children but when I watched your video and read your words I got tears in my eyes. I am very happy for you guys! (Yet still, no children here please!)

Kari May 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Congratulations! Such a cute way to tell B! I love that you used that Michael Buble song in the video! I had my first baby in October (boy) and I loved that song when I was pregnant. I heard it driving home from work one day on the radio when I was second trimester and totally heard it in a new way, like every word was about my baby I hadnt met yet. I told my husband and a few other people and they were like”yeah, uh uh ” so I thought I was being totally hormonal/sappy but I cried every time I heard it since when I was pregnant. Glad to know Im not the only one that heard it that way. Hope your feeling better soon and the second trimester treats you better.

Kristin May 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Whoa! Congrats! I found out I was preggo with what I thought was just number 2 when my lttle guy 18 months. I too was hoping for a vagina and got not one but two! Twin girls! And I watched the color drain from my husband’s face during that ultrasound (yes, we knew way before it was twins though, I just for some reason assumed boys). And while I wasn’t super pukey, everything smelled bad and my skin sucked and I got HUGE. But G will totally dig being a big brother, my little guy loves his sisters, for now, until his friends want to all come over when he is a junior in h.s. and they are freshman!

Joy May 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Congrats Mama! Hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to following your adventures as you incubate #2! We’re not quite ready for #2 cuz I don’t wanna be a pregnant bridesmaid for my BFF’s wedding in August…but hopefully soon after that! Congrats again :)

Kriste May 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Congratulations! I don’t even know you but that video made me cry. I had serious hyperemesis with both babies and that is why I’m done with two so I hear you. Good luck!

JULI C May 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Congrats MODG!!!!
With all that morning sickness, i’d have to go with you’re having a GIRL!!! =)
My 2 kids are a year apart, ( well technically 1 year minus 4 days, but whos counting =P )
Honestly, the first 1-2 years were the hardest. But it gets so much better.
Looking forward to hearing about this new journey for you, B and G!

Feel better soon!
juli

Brandy May 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

My 47th comment.

Will you be trying to rock a VBAC?

Jenna R S May 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Congratulations!!!
I had terrible “morning” sickness for the first four months of my pregnancy with DD. I ate a lot of crackers. Also, my nutritionist mentioned certain vitamins that can help with the nausea… I don’t remember exactly which ones (maybe K) but I remember that Spinach had a lot of it. Hope you feel better soon!

Kelly G May 2, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Extra Vitamin B6. My doctor told me to take it two times a day because it is supposed to help but I haven’t noticed much difference.

Becky Mochaface May 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for girly bits!!

Anna May 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Katie May 2, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Congrats!!! The video is awesome!!! Before I clicked on it, I thought “OMG did she already have the baby??” (now that would have been impressive secret-keeping!!) because in the video still I couldn’t tell it was an older baby (obviously it’s G now that I look again). Or I thought you adopted a Japanese baby named Yoshi. Anyway, super exciting news!!! Congrats again and hope you are less pukey very soon! Oh, and I LOVE the pink maxi dress!!

singalongforboozers May 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Congrats! I love that you’re calling this one Yoshi :)

Caroline May 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm

How exciting! I assume you will be doing cloth diapers with the new baby as well? Do you think you will have to buy more since you will have two kids in diapers?

Christine May 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Congratulations!!! This post cracked me up! You’re hilarious! You’re little one’s are lucky to have such a cool mom! :)

Katie May 2, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Congrats! I love how you told your husband!

Mrs. Newlywed Giggles May 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Congratulations!! Super excited Yoshi aka the girl~!

amandarunz May 2, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Congratulations! My boys are 23 months apart and it is SO VERY worth it. Sure, there are days I want to throw myself off the top bunk, but the good days always out weigh the bad!

And not to burst your vagina wanting bubble, but I had an EASY pregnancy with my first and was straight up OVER IT with my second(and LAST). I had a brief break from morning sickness from weeks 21-25 and that shit came right back and didn’t stop until after the spinal wore off after my c section.

Eat protein(for me it was pretzels and sharp cheddar). And good luck, I know it’s rough taking care of a short one and being pukey all the time.

Jazmin May 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Congratulations! I cried, and also got the baby fever, and my baby is only 7 months old. Thanks MODG!

Nikki May 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm

AH Super congrats! Can’t wait to hear more about this xD

Hopefully this pregnancy goes swimmingly :) Good luck!

C's Mommy May 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm

First off, Congrats!!! Secondly, you’re taking this much better than I did. I FREAKED out and started crying hysterically. I wish I could say they were happy tears… I was feeling so guilty because this pregnancy was a complete accident and I was feeling so guilty about my then 9 month old, becoming a big brother! Not to mention the whole financial aspect. Fast forward 7 months and I’m feeling better about everything but I still will have my days when I’m like “How the HELL am I going to take care of a newborn and an 18 month old that is a COMPLETE mommas boy?!”… I’m so happy you’re going to be right there with me embarking on this crazy journey with 2 precious babies in tow.

Laura May 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Yay! I have number two coming in November, as well. Number one is 14 months old and “high needs”. Thankfully, my so sick I couldn’t get out of bed was with number one. I’ve had some morning sickness with this one, but NOTHING like with the first one. It’s totally different. Like you, I’m hoping that means that this one is coming with a vagina!

Mariellen May 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

This is totally CUTE!!! I am going to steal the ideas when I have #2 one day! Good luck girl! I threw up until 17 weeks, so I hope yours isn’t that bad. I will cheer on pink bows too!!!

Regina May 2, 2012 at 4:43 pm

congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys, your video was amazing and made my uterus ache a little :)

Mindy Clarke May 2, 2012 at 4:49 pm

WOW! Congrats.. that totally made me cry.. not bc I am some super stalker – but B is so sweet and surprised.. so cute! I want this so much, and we have to try try try for our little miracles – just when I thought I was Ok taking a break for awhile and not being crazy about getting prego again.. I watched your super sweet video! Congrats Mama Modg – thanks for sharing your life on the interweb with us!

Norma May 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Sooooo excited for you!!! Congrats :)

LynzB May 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Congratulations MODG family! So excited for you! You look beautiful and amazing (as usual). I had to take the miracle nausea pills too… Let’s say that I could not have lived without a once daily dose of Miralax. You can mix it into anything; yogurt, fruit smoothies, milk and cookies (maybe not the cookies), whatever, and you can’t taste it. It takes a few days to work, so if you need immediate relief you have to go for the strong (and physically debilitating) stuff. But if you’re gonna live on Zofran (or whatever miracle anti-vomit they gave you), then the daily dose of Miralax makes you feel normal again. Food for thought. Or food for poop. Whatever. Good luck girl!

Lisa May 2, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Congratulations! I was also suffering with the second pregnancy, which is remarkably harder than the first one was, and chasing a toddler around. Mine got much, much better after about 21 weeks, so there may be relief coming soon. Good luck!

Harbormom May 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm

The next best part of your life is on its way. I hope, hope, hope the pukey-pukes disappear very soon and that you have a wonderful summer with G while your November something-to-be-thankful-for finishes cooking. Tell B cudos for stepping up. Best to you all…

Jenn May 2, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Hey MODG! This is my first comment, but I’ve been a fan since the summer. I’m also a Penn State alum, class of ’09. We Are! Anyway I love you! And congratulations!!!!!!! The picture on the video of you and G is quite possibly the cutest picture I have ever seen. Like should be in a magazine making you famous kind of cute. I hope you’re feeling better!!

Jenni May 2, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I totally got all teary watching the video. B’s reaction is what did it…or maybe my own super crazy pregnancy hormones. Either way, congrats to you all! :D

katelin May 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm

aw that video is adorable, and congrats! so excited for you guys!! and love B reading G’s t-shirt, such a cute idea.

stephanie May 2, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Mazel Tov!!! I am so excited for you. I obsessively read about your pregnancy with G and getting preg with him (early pregnancy tests are the best. things. ever.), and now I get to read LIVE! IN ACTION! stories. I am due @ the end of october so not too far apart!

Feel better!

Leyna619 May 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm

You’re so cute! Holy boobs. Post comparison pics of where you were with G at the same stage!

You have such an amazing platform, and lots of people keeping tabs on this huge news. Maybe you could keep the gender a secret and let people guess (for a fee), gender, birthday, time of birth, and weight. Then all proceeds go to charity of winner’s choice at the end. Yoshi’s Choice.

Sarah May 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Dude it’s SO a girl. I was easy breezy beautiful when I was PG with Thomas, this time it’s more like V (when there’s an alien inside her) but not literally of course (I hope). I was sick sick sick, puking all the time etc etc all that glamorous stuff. And we’re having a GIRL! Congrats to you all, you’re an amazing woman.
OR….it could be twins. Just sayin’.

Ellen May 2, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Hurray! My daughter was due almost exactly one year after G. As we plan for our second, I look forward to all the stories of life with 2! You first :)

Also, forget pee crystals this time. Try this! http://www.whutzit.com/ It looks suspect, but all these kind of things do.

Ana May 2, 2012 at 8:47 pm

So I am crying just watching your little boy and you..it’s so beautiful and joyous! I found out when my daughter was nine months I was pregnant with my second and now I’m due in August 2012. I was a bit shocked wondering how I will take care of 2 little ones and work full time…but like you said i am hoping they will be best buds! Best of Luck through this pregnancy…they are certainly NOT easy…as I say this will be my last one too!

Anjie @ Of Pandas and Pirates May 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! That video was adorable!! So very happy for all three (soon to be four) of you!

Jenny May 2, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I am over the moon excited for you! Amazing news, amazing family! Can’t wait to follow you on this journey! A million congratulations! :)

Janet May 2, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Congrats! I can’t wait to hear about it. I had my daughter about 4 months after G was born, and we’re thinking of having another soon too…so I’m very interested. I hope you feel better soon!

Windycitykelleys May 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Yay! I feel your pain on being pregnant with a toddler, it’s HARD. Period. I’m excited for you though!

julie s. May 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm

awww…Congratulations, Modg family!! I can’t tell my husband about this, or he’ll say I want #2 now just because Modg is having #2.

Jen @ Ginger Guide May 2, 2012 at 9:29 pm

What a fabulous way to tell your hubby, I almost cried. Shit I hope I’m not prego. Not ready for that mess again. Puked for 5 months and on bed rest for the last 4 weeks. I wish you all the zofran you can get and a graceful beautiful not-Jessica-Simpson pregnancy. Can’t wait to join you for this ride.

Tori May 2, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Congratulations, Mama x 2! So happy for your growing family!

Laura May 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait to read all about your experience this time around. There is something special about November babies (I’m assuming you’re November, right?) :)

Nicole May 2, 2012 at 9:48 pm

You are SO having a girl!! I was pretty much obsessed with “nub guessing” when I was pregnant with my son and have gotten pretty good at guessing off a 12 weekish ultrasound. Google it – you too can pretty much become a pro guesser in a night.

I’ll be looking forward to the unveiling of another award winning nursery design!

Megan May 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm

MODG…I feel so lucky that I get to experience your pregnancy along with you through your hilarious stories. These last 2 weeks were ROUGH without you to make me laugh out loud. Hope you are feeling better soon and I def think this bodes well for Yoshi being a girl!

Susan May 2, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Congrats to you and your little fam! Hope the urps are behind you! :)

kathleen.summers May 2, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Oh, I’m so happy for you! What a sweet vid (that brought tears to my eyes)

Congrats and can’t wait to read all about it in your blog posts.

Love & blessings!

Erica May 2, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Sparkle Hearts & DTDHC rainbows to you!!!!! so so happy for you guys! Mine are about 3 years apart-its rough at first but amazeballs eventually…hopefully…JK you look better than Britney in her prime! Best of Luck!!!

Mommaof3under3 May 2, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I married my high school sweetheart at 24, we never dated anyone else but he decided to join the military after 9/11 do things were a little delayed. It took us three yrs to get preggo but after my hubbies 2nd deployment to Iraq I got preggers. Baby girl #1 was born in November 08. Ignoring drs advice due to upcoming deployment #3 we welcomed baby girl #2 the very next November. After hubbies 4th deployment we welcomed baby girl #3 to the family.
What can you learn?
Babies close together are fun and make your life easier-duggars?
Sleep deprivation becomes a way of life sooner than u think!
You have a future sweatshop built in your home!

Take care!!!

Cortnie May 3, 2012 at 12:47 am

Love you guys!!! Yay!!!

xo
cortnie

Natalie May 3, 2012 at 2:30 am

Congrats MODG!!!!!!!! Those pics with G, OMG, adorable!

Laura May 3, 2012 at 8:15 am

Congrats MODG! I’m due with my second around the same time as you. Big bro Ben and his little sis or bro (we call it Jamima – aka Uncle Ben and Aunt Jamima) will be 20 months apart. I look forward to reading about your pregancy journey and hearing your tricks for dealing with a crazy toddler and a newborn. I’m sure I’ll need the comic relief….and wine!

Me May 3, 2012 at 9:43 am

Congrats!!!! I knew it…all this talk about your ‘future child’ :)

Great childhood101 picture!!

Whitney W May 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

Congratulations! So excited for you and your little family!

Gina Rogers May 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

This is what my pregnancy was like with my daughter – I threw up every day from week 6 to week 17. But my daughter is the easier baby EVER so I hope the same for you!

Erica May 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm

SUPER CONGRATS to you and B ! You look amazing… here’s hoping for a vagina and maybe she’ll be like brittney… (im talking like “Sometimes” Brittney, not “Head Shaving crazy, driving in front seat with baby” Brittney)… Hearts!

Jill May 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Congrats to you, B & G! Very exciting news, can’t wait to read your future posts about Yoshi!

Bitchin Sisters May 3, 2012 at 1:50 pm

It’s totally normal to cry at a stranger’s pregnancy announcement. Totally.

Charlotte May 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Congratulations! Is it totally lame that I told my real-life coworkers that I’m super excited that my favorite blogger is pregnant? Yes? No? Because I did. Unless that’s lame, in which case I definitely didn’t.

But I am excited! For a lot of reasons, but mostly the very selfish one that I’m due with my first in November, so now I will have real-time Modg pregnancy posts with which to compare my own experience. Can’t wait! Congrats again.

Melanie May 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Dude, that video and song combo were the best! So crying right now. I have a 13 month old and we’d like to get preggo again soon too. Congrats!! Hopefully the puniness will subside soon…

Kelly @ Turned Up To Eleven {formerly D2BD} May 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I knew it.. I KNEW something was up! I’m sooooo excited for you all. Congrats. *Fingers crossed* maybe since this baby is being all drama in the womb he/she will be LOW drama out of mommy! I can’t wait to follow this journey. So happy!

Courtney May 3, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Congrats, MODG! I’m due with #2 in October, and my first is a Dec. 2010 baby, like G!

I’ve had a much easier pregnancy with this one (I know, you’re telling me to STFU, but my last pregnancy was a nightmare), but for the all-day sickness I had with my first, none of the traditional “cures” helped. Preggie pops made me dry heave, sea bands hurt my damn wrists, and of course I quickly got tired of saltines.

For what it’s worth, the only things that even took the edge off for me were ICE cold water, burping (gross, but awesome), and smelling a tin of peppermint Altoids.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, but omg how it sucked to be there. I hope you feel better soon!

Kathleen May 3, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Congratulations!! I have a 19 month old daughter, and am currently 6 weeks preg with numero dos, and I can relate to what you’re going through…yuck! My first pregnancy was totally cake, and this one so far is ROUGH. I’m so thankful to be able to read along with what you’re going through and commiserate with the ups and downs of it all. You really do make days much lighter, so thank you :)

Mama G May 3, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Congratulations!! I hear you on the 2nd pregnancy being so much worse…I am due in late September (had #1 in Dec 2010 just like you) and I feel like crap almost all the time. I was convinced it had to be the opposite sex, but no, just found out on Tuesday it’s another girl. I guess every pregnancy is different. I hope you feel better soon!

Una May 3, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I hope you’re not still reading comments at this point, but just in case you are…

Wasn’t this “break” like one week long? Which means you have been blogging almost DAILY through a pukey first trimester? Girl, send any hate mail-senders to me, because I will hand their impatient asses to them on your behalf. The fact that you maintain this blog the way you do and take care of G. full time… I’ll just say that since I had my son 7 months ago, I blog MAYBE once a week, and don’t manage to be half as funny as you (yes, I’m jealous, but I live with it).

Anyway, my point is: You deserve the slowest of slow claps, like at the end of Cool Runnings.

Lin May 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Congrats! Hope you start feeling better! My son is only 10 months old but we are debating on when we should have #2. Wait til our son is fully potty trained or just do diaper duty with 2. Hope the much deserved vaca helped you out. Are you going to try for VBAC?

Erin May 4, 2012 at 12:23 am

Hey-oh! Congratulations, Modg. I am due November 3 with my 3rd baby and I too have been (and continue to be!) a vomiting, acne-d, bloated mess. Hooray for gestation!

And praises/curses to Zofran. Amen.

Dawn May 4, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hi,

Congratulations!!! I have been following your blog for quite awhile and am very excited for you.
I am also due with my first this November (10th) and it’s just been the last 3-4 days that I am not completely and utterly miserable with the world. Looking forward to the next 6 months and reading about your journey.

Congrats again,
Dawn

Dawn May 4, 2012 at 10:25 am

OMG!! Super sparkly congrats to you and the fam! Your video = I die! Soooo stinkin cute – I love the way you told B!! And those stills are just the sweetest damn thing I have ever seen! I got all sappy/teary. But prob cause I am The Preg too! I am due Dec 7 so I am super looking forward to reading along with you. I have a daughter that is 19 months, so I am 50% yahoobabycrazypumped and 50% nervousWTFamIgonnado. Esp since I want to vom/die/fall asleep every night about 6pm.

Go MammaMODG2.0!! I love babies!!!!

Sarah May 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

Congratulations!! SO happy for you and your family! I’m sure you’ve already tried this but sea bands cut my nausea in half, which seems like a lot but I still got rage vomit when there wasn’t a cracker in my stomach. Wishing you all the best!

Kelley May 4, 2012 at 1:43 pm

So, I read the post Wednesday morning, but just watched the video. Holy crapballs, crying!!!! Nice way to break the news. I may steal that idea if I ever get preggers again. What? You’ll never know.

Congrats again.

Lil' Woman May 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Congrats girl, this is awesome news and something we might have guessed since your last break :)
Can’t wait to see all the fabulousness Yoshi brings to the MODG world.

Rachel Matteis May 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm

So many congratulations! Hubby and I are trying for #2, but no luck yet (no period yet, either, so… yeah.)…

You’re a pretty tech-savvy mama, aren’t you? Have you ever thought about starting a podcast for all of us MODG-aholics who can’t get enough? Your thoughts on pregnant life and being a mother of two would be well received, I’m sure.

I know, I know… with all of your spare time, right. Someday, perhaps.

Congratulations again. Awesome news!

Meredith May 4, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Aw, G was born a day after my first and now I’m also due in November with number 2 (November 21). When is your actual due date? Are you going to try for a VBAC? I figure you will answer all of these in an upcoming post, but wanted to throw them out there. So happy you’ll be blogging about all the things that I’m experiencing — just like last time!

Stephanie Ann May 4, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Yay! Congrats! I love you dress! Where is it from? I don’t live anywhere near you so we won’t be twinsies. Promise.

Stephanie V May 4, 2012 at 5:50 pm

M

Stephanie V May 4, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Modg, we are pregnant together again! My Henry is a week younger than Gavin. Like you, my pregnancy is like a billion times harder than last time. And…it’s a girl! I’m still on the magic and probably toxic stop-vomitting medicine. I had to quit working and my mil moved in for a while. Thankfully, at 24 weeks, I’m ok as long as I have my meds. Good luck and congrats to your family!!! Oh, and we did NOT plan this. But I’ve embraced it and decided that I’ll try to potty train them at the same time. Girls are ready earlier than boys, right?

Meg May 4, 2012 at 8:30 pm

YAYYY!!!! Congratulations MODG… and big brother G and daddy B! I watched this video literally three times… couldn’t get enough of G’s cute little squeal and B’s amazing reaction. So excited for your family! Can’t wait to reach my babymaking years :o)

Barb May 4, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Congrats modg! I just found out on Wednesday that we are expecting our first. I am even more excited to read your posts!

Navigating the Mothership May 4, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congratulations!! Welcome to the magic that is a pukey second pregnancy. It’s pretty much the worst thing ever, while also being exactly what you wanted and signed up for! Nothing but my deepest sympathy. My toddler was regularly pretending to puke in her little potty for quite some time. Now she just asks me if I’m going to puke every time we drive somewhere in the car. But baby boy is now 10 months old (my daughter is almost 3 years) and puking is almost kind of sort of a distant memory (not really… I have PTSD from many things ranging from the hand soap that was in the kitchen at the time to chicken enchiladas to the season of Fall…they all remind me of those dark days). But you get through it. Hang in there! Hire help! Do what you gotta do, lady!

Looking forward to reading. Not looking forward to the flashbacks :) Hope you are done being sick.

Kelly May 5, 2012 at 12:04 am

Yay!! And congratulations, as in super, duper huge universe encompassing congratulations!!!! I got all teary and bleary watching Yoshi do her/his little dance!!! My pregnancies were just like yours, Ethan was a cake one to sucker me into thinking reproducing really was all glow and show and then a soul sucking dive into vomiting hell with Braxton Hicks from 17 weeks on and real kicks that left real bruises towards the end. But y’know what? I had a sweet pattootie little Eleanor Skye when it was all done and I say I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat, but it also took 1/2 a heartbeat to shout at my OB, once she was sliced and diced outta of the hell chamber of my womb, that yes, this patient was definitely getting a tubal and could he please take a little bit extra off just to make sure. I can’t wait to hear all about your adventures and I hope you are one to have and share wacky, crazy preggo dreams!! Take care of you and yours!!!

Emily May 6, 2012 at 9:58 am

So happy for you guys! You’re one of my favorite bloggers ever. Add another baby to the mix and I love you even more.

Kelly May 6, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Congratulations! The way you broke the news to B was completely awesome! Loved it.
I’m about a week and a half ahead of you, and suspected I was preggos again on a flight to Hawaii, drink in hand. Like you, the timing was planned. But, I was kind of hoping that I would get through a vacation full of yummy beach drinks before suffering through the trials of pregnancy again. Oh well. I agree, all the sacrifices are totally worth it. Congrats again!

Jenn May 7, 2012 at 8:33 am

Congratulations! And no congratulations. I’m currently pregnant with my second and I’m in total agreement with you; I will never have another. Ever. It’s miserable. Don’t count on it being a girl though. Both of mine are boys. Someone once told me it was God’s way of having fun; make the first one easy as cake so we fall for it the second time around. Good luck!

Jimaie May 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Oh my gosh, MODG! That video made me all emotional! What the heck, you all are seriously precious <3 Just reading the word "pregnancy" makes vom back up into my throat b/c the first 6months of my pregnancy with my girlie were ACTUAL HELL. Like, a special puking & peeing my pants at the same time several times a day, sort of hell. *shudder* I'm so sorry to hear you feel so disgusting but I am hope hope hoping that this means it's a girlie for you!! My girl pregnancy was the worst out of the three BY A M-FING LANDSLIDE.

BUT!!! If it is a boy, watching the 2 brothers together will be the BEST thing ever in life- G will get a built in BFF and it will be so damn adorable. For real.

Congratulations!!! :)

Gem May 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Oh shit girl what??? I’m due in November too! Come be miserable with me on my blog too (even though I’m feeling better at 14 weeks)!

Kristy May 8, 2012 at 12:36 am

congrats modg! can’t wait to hear how everything goes for round 2!

karen May 8, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I too have an 11 mth old boy and I”m due in November. We are crazy town!! Good luck!

Elizabeth May 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Congrats! No worries…for every internet hater you have like fifty million fans :) Love the post and most of all that you’re back! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Melissa N. May 18, 2012 at 4:27 pm

This totally gave me chills and made me tear up :) Congrats to y’all!

{ 1 trackback }