Hello. I’d like to meet you.

Hi Everyone

I’m sorry I left you on such a low note for so long. I’m doing ok, really. In fact, Babble came back to me with another offer, which I haven’t accepted or rejected yet.

But the real reason I’m giving you a bit of weekend MODG time (which is normally spent far away from people and babies and places staring at the tv rocking back and forth) is because I want you to buy your tickets to Listen to your Mother. Which, if you don’t know by now, and you better know, I’m performing in this year.

You can now buy your tickets here

Again, the details of the event are as follows

Friday, May 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

William Way Center
1315 Spruce Stree, Philadelphia

Here is this years cast:

Jennifer Weiner
Kathy Snead
Shoshana Martyniak
Cecily Kellogg
Helen Reese
Dresden Shumaker
Jo-Ann Rogan

Yes I’m the only asshole with a ( ) name. But I really didn’t think you’d all know me otherwise. And yes there’s my last name. Go crazy. Do your weird stuff with it if you must. The secret is out.

Please come see me in the show. Please also bring posters that say things about Danny Tanner. Please also give me gifts  including but not limited to cereal marshmallows and Lisa Frank paraphernalia. I will meet and high five every one of you who shows up.

I’m sort of nervous. And I’m the only one who still hasn’t picked a piece to read. I’m making this face about it

All that Draw Something playing has made my MS Paint skills weak. Apologies.

I hope to see lots and lots of you there. And dress cute. Represent.

BUY TICKETS NOW PLEASE HERE AND THANK YOU.

POSTED IN: MODG

Jessica April 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm

MODG, I would totally come and throw cereal marshmallows at you while you were reading except for the fact that I live in Kansas. Oh, and it’s my home town’s 100th birthday and I hope I’m going back there to run in the 5K and beat all the people I went to highschool with (yes, I have a complex). That is, if we aren’t in the field (farming slang for it’s not to wet to be planting or fertilizing something). SO…if for some reason I break my ankle and we quit farming, I’m road tripping up there. And I’m strangely unaffected by knowing your last name. I have a greater desire to know what MODG stands for (Mother O
Of Darling G? Manda O-face DomerGue? My Other Dog Gags?). Let us know about Babble.

MODG April 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm

You really don’t know what MODG stands for?
The blog started as being called Martinis or Diaper Genies

Jessica April 15, 2012 at 11:03 am

MODG, now I think maybe I *did* read that when I first started internet crushing on you (I became a follower after you breastfeeding rockstar post that I heard about on twitter). Because the martini-rhymes-with-genie is ringing a bell deep in my fuzzy brain…but that might also be something I figured out once when drinking a martini. I’m more of a wine and beer gal, tho, so probably not.

martha April 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I’d love to come see this, unfortunately I live in Texas, and have not spent enough on my credit cards to earn enough miles Good luck! I have loved reading your blog, espically through those late night nursing sessions.

Melissa Bochat April 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm

So bummed I will not be in the state that week. Encore performance over Memorial Day??? :) Best of luck. You are gonna ROCK this!

Courtney April 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I totally thought MODG stood for “Mom of Da G”. Not joking. I thought you just had a bit of a gangsta lean.

Jessica April 15, 2012 at 11:06 am

Courtney, I think we should totally have a contest about what those of us who weren’t ‘in the know’ imagined MODG to mean. I think you might win.

Courtney April 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Jess- That would be the first contest I ever won :) yay for me.

Jen @ Ginger Guide April 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm

If you go on to do a national tour, come to StL because at this point it’s either daycare payment or go to Phily to see you. Daycare will win, unfortunately. If you do come here, I promise to put a Britney Spears cut out in the seat next to me. But you will be awesome! I hope there’s a video somewhere of the magical event after. And really, why couldn’t you have both martinis and diaper genies. After smelling one of those things open, I need a martini.

Kai April 14, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I would come just to see you because whatever you pick to read will be great and I’m sure you’ll be styled to Suri-standards..however it’s a long way from Melbourne.
We poor Aussies are doomed to miss out on everything good – Sephora, insanely large pizza slices and MODG!
(OK, yes, blatant attempt to win your sympathy and to get you to use your awesomeness to persuade the LTYM crowd to tour Australia.. :-) Did it work?)

Abby April 14, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I will be there on May 11th, with an entourage of 4 other fans.

Kristin April 14, 2012 at 11:02 pm

If I didn’t live in Korea, I’d totally come.

Oh, and I’ve been reading FOREVER, but have never commented. I tried to a couple times, but it never showed up. Must be the living-in-Korea thing.

Dawn April 14, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Rock on wit yo bad self!

I am also strangely unaffected by the knowledge of your last name. Is this really the first time it has gotten out? I hope it doesn’t increase your stalker status! (unless it makes you famous of course!)

julie s. April 15, 2012 at 9:34 am

I wish May 11th wasn’t my beeb’s 1st birthday…and I didn’t live 10 hours from Philly.

Kelly L. April 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Dear MODG –

Do the Butt Nut stories and you’ll be more golden than Pony Boy. This is all I have to say.

KDawg out

^^ that may or may not have been my laser tag name inspired by none other than Randy Jackson. You’re welcome.

Karena April 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Oh my, I totally forgot to tell you!! So I saw Danny Tanner last Saturday at a comedy show. And he sang the Danny Tanner song. And then…and THEN…Jesse Katsopolis came out on stage. Figuratively and literally I suppose, based upon the song and conversation that ensued between him and Danny Tanner. So the whole time I’m watching them (and screaming my head off), I was thinking that I needed to take a picture for you for the DTHC. But then I remembered I cheaped out and bought mezzanine seats and any picture of them could have been of anybody. But I did think of you!

Lindsay April 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I want to be there so badly! I even tried to convince one of my friends to roadtrip with me from North Jersey, but our work schedule will make us late. And driving 2+ hours in traffic to miss MODG would be a catastrophe I might not survive!

heather s April 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm

hi modg! do you know who this kathy snead is on the list of speakers? my husband has two aunt kathy’s, both sneads! was just curious!
btw, i’m from PA, but now live in VA. sorry i won’t be able to see you in your show! i’m sure you’ll rock it!

KMW April 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

If you’re ever touring in Canada, I’ll be there with bells and sparkles on. For reals.

Molly April 17, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Stumbled across your blog about a week ago and have been catching up on all your previous posts. I was inspired by your business casual post from waaay back. I completely agree that pants suck, and decided to say f you to work and wear jeans today (just to see if I would get a reaction). Nope…nothing…no one has said anything. So guess what is becoming a part of my regular work wear?!? DENIM!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh and P.S. I’m still reading way back in 2009 and am completely oblivious to the fact that you finally decided to have a baby :)

Whitney April 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

Much like a lot of your other readers, I have gone all the way back to the beginning of MODG and worked my way back because I just adore you and how honest you are. And while I would love to be there and represent, I live in a dinky town in Arkansas so I will represent from here. Babble or no Babble, you’re still my favorite.

Beth April 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’m so psyched! The wife and I are making a date night out of it wahoo! I hope you do the why boobs are so awesome one. p.s. so awesome that it’s at William Way!

rae April 20, 2012 at 8:43 am

you haven’t really posted anything in a week. what gives?

Rei April 20, 2012 at 7:49 pm

So ohio isnt *that* far away, but I might be sort of busy that day. As awesome as a Philly road trip sounds, I will likely be pushing my third tiny human out of my vag around that time. But break a leg and stuff, you’ll be great I’m sure.

Christine F. April 21, 2012 at 2:20 pm

MODG, as much as I’d love to be there and chuck Lisa Frank shit up on stage at you, Phily is 7+ hrs from my house. Maybe if you do a NE tour and hit Boston? That is only about an hour from my house, so much more doable. That way I could drag friends along and my MODG blog fan sister too. Just image the volume of lucky charms marshmallows/lisa frank shit we could chuck then. Think about it.