You’re invited to stalk the pictures of G’s first birthday party.

This party for my awesome wild crazy drama baby couldn’t have been possible without the generous vendors who offered their services to me either for free or for a generous discount. I should say that I hand picked these vendors myself before they offered any sort of discount to me and they all made our party super awesome for our little guy.

Photographer: Jenna Walcott. She also did our 1 year photshoot for G. She’s totally amazing as you can tell. I specifically wanted her because she’s extra great with indoor  lighting. She doesn’t make you look like you have a giant flash monster in your face. Also I think she photoshops wrinkles: sold.

Music: I got SO lucky with this guy. Alex is Alex and the Kaleidoscope Band. He’s like big time around here. Here’s why he’s awesome: 1) He’s not a clown. Seriously. I did not want some weird guy dressed up in weird shit. No, he’s a regular guy. Also he’s sort of cute *bonus*. And he did such a great job with the parents and the kids. LOVE LOVE LOVE him. He also gave us a bunch of his CD’s which G dies for. I wanted like sort of “cool” music for the kids and we got it.

Cake: Allison’s Cups and Cakes did such super job with the cake. I sent them an MS Paint  picture (obv) of what I wanted and they made that masterpiece. It tasted like rainbow angels. G loved it too (eventually). We had chocolate with mocha filling and red velvet with vanilla filling.

Cookies: One Preppy Cookie is my go to for all of my cookie needs. She actually just did a batch for me for Christmas. It includes cookies shaped as spaghetti and a jesus cross and one jewish star (BECAUSE I LOVE THE JEWS NO MATTER WHAT YOU ALL SAY). She can do anything and they taste even better than they look. Love her.

Any decor or cool thing you see anywhere: Shannon from Bottle Pop Party Company did everything. She’s a reader and emailed me to help out. I was like YES PLEASE HELP ME GOOD LORD HELP ME. I gave her like NO direction and she did everything beyond perfect. I mean do you die over those album covers with G’s face on them? And the fabric punk rock ONE? She’s  so amazing and awesome and I love her.

And the biggest thank you to our friends and family for making G’s party so wonderful.

Now, only nice comments on the post about MY SON’S BIRTHDAY PARTY.

Love to you all

MODG MOM (of a 1 year old aaaah!)

POSTED IN: Awesome things,babies,Mom Stuff

Sarah December 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

One word – amazeballs.

Brieanne December 21, 2011 at 11:41 am

Those are AMAZING!!! Looks like an awesome party!!!

Nath December 21, 2011 at 11:42 am

GF, seriously? I scanned all the pics and I did not read any comments and I did not (yet) read your blog but HolyS…. are you sure? Cause I would hate to have to top that! Amazing, but scary… just saying.
ps… just realized that gf is both girl friend and gluten free… which i am both, but in this case, i meant girl friend!

Cs mom December 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

Wow… I’m kind of freaked out about hosting my C’s first birthday party in Jan and I wish I had more time to plan without this massive wallet draining Christmas thing in the way! You did such great job! Congrats :)

rsc December 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

Happy Bday G. As I have been going to a bunch of 1st bday parties this past month, including my own son’s, it strikes me that there is no better celebration. Weddings are so involved and stressful, grown up bdays are meh. But celebrating your kids first year, all those milestones, surviving all the trials and tribulations of becoming a parent… nothing deserves an all out bash like that. It fills me with rainbows and glitter just thinking about it. Congrats on making it through.

Danielle @ Casa Bower December 21, 2011 at 11:50 am

WOW! That looks like so much fun. You can feel the love vibe through the pictures that you, B, and Baby G have from family and friends.

Also: good for you to be rewarded with freebies and discounts. You entertain us daily and are amazing with WANA.

AmyFaith December 21, 2011 at 11:54 am

Holy balls! Amazing!

ashlie December 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm

What an awesome party! You totally deserved it after everything you guys went through this year. Congratulations on surviving the first year!

Jamie December 21, 2011 at 12:04 pm

So jealous! That looked like SUCH an amazing day! My poor son is getting stuck with a party at home and crap from party city. You have inspired me for his second birthday tho! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!

Megan U. December 21, 2011 at 12:11 pm

The picture of G “blowing” out his candle, your hair is spectacular!! I think B is giving it its own breeze too :)) great job mama!

julie s. December 21, 2011 at 12:19 pm

AH! What a great party!! Now my husband is going to kill me when I say something like, “Let’s do some sort of super cute/cool/fun theme party for her first birthday…remember that Modg blog that I read…”

Shannon December 21, 2011 at 12:21 pm

LOVE. great outfit and love your super glossy hair.

Stacy December 21, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Glad the party was sparkles and rainbows for you and Mr.G!

PS May I ask where your chambray shirt is from? I heart it.

Kelly @Dare to be Domestic December 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm

such a rockin’ first birthday party!!! I saw some pictures on Shannon’s blog and was head over heels for it. What a great concept! Happy 1st G!!!

Sherene December 21, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I’ve been a lurker for over a year but this party has made me show my face…so to speak. AMAZING! G is lucky to have such a fun, cool Mommy! This looks like an outstanding party. Good for you!

Megan C December 21, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Looks like G and his friends all had a blast, as much as is possible for little tykes :) Congrats on 1 year, it gets more interesting as the years go by. Interesting in a good AND bad way. haha. Kudos on the yay for Jews comment, and Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas, and happy Wonton day? (Asian something… )
Love your blog. I read it religiously, and have even sucked my husband into reading it as well. Rock on with yo’ bad self woman!

ZDub December 21, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Um, your hair looks amazing and we all know that’s what really counts.

Arielle December 21, 2011 at 12:29 pm

So freakin’ cute!! :-)

Mrs Dzo December 21, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Love the photo of you about to lose your composure all over the floor in a sea of teary emotional vomit.

Looks like a fabulous day – that was better than my sweet sixteen, and prom, and wedding…combined.

Jordan @ Queen of LA December 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm

haha EXACTLY. all the photos were amazing but when i saw that one i was like “OH SHIT. SHE CRIED, DIDNT SHE?”

Mrs Dzo December 21, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Looks like an awesome party…one that was better than my sweet sixteen, and prom, and wedding…combined.

Mrs Dzo December 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Apparently I’ve never been on the internet before. Sorry about the double post.

Nathalie Carol December 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Awesome!! That looks like so much fun! I love the photo of G pushing the cake off the tray and B saving the day :)

Kate December 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Please adopt me. This birthday party is like everything I’ve ever wanted ever.

AmyBrewer December 22, 2011 at 9:11 am

Kate, your “please adopt me” statement just gave me my first laugh of the day. Thanks for that!

Rachel December 21, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Most epic 1st Birthday Party EVER! Your punk-rock-hippy-ness puts everyone I know to shame. My friends will be sure to send you their hearfelt thanks for my never attending their lame kid parties unless they assure me it will be as rad as G’s. Seriously though? – you rocked the hell out of this first birthday!

(AND? – G is the cutest EVER!)

Nellie December 21, 2011 at 1:12 pm

+1 for Shannon and Bottle Pop

Cora December 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I thought to myself…a punk rock 1st birthday? Pshaw… Then I saw these pictures! So freaking cute! Good job! And work it girl for getting those perks! That’s the smart way of planning a party!

Sarah RDH December 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm

The album covers are awesome! Esp. the Sex Pistols one. bahahaha

april December 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm

What an amazing first birthday! The little rock star deserved no less :) It looked like you all had lots of family and friends celebrating his special day, and that is what it is all about!

Renee December 21, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Too amazing for words. I love it all. The photographer was amazing (just like you said), the cake…to die for. Actually, scratch that, what am I saying? EVERYTHING was to die for. You look incredible and I adored the bday boy’s outfit selection. Good job and CONGRATS on surviving the 1st year!

linka72 December 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Great party..So cool and stuff :)
I must say that I effing hate that you have to put “disclaimers” on here about the vendors because SOME people on the internet are (as the kids say) hatin ass hoes.
I know you have already dealt with this but tell those jealous ass cracks to get a life.

Deanna December 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Oh how I miss Phoenixville and Steel City. Looks like an awesome party for such a rockstar lil man :)

DoMo December 21, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Steel City is awesome – P-ville love :)

Great job with the party planning & all your little elf helpers.

Deidre December 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Am I lame for wanting my impending 30th birthday to be a carbon copy of of a 1 year old boy’s? G’s face superimposed over that of Johnny Rotten’s screams a definitive “no.”

OurGrowingGarden December 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Wow, you threw quite the shindig! I bet the parents really enjoyed the party too!

Our Growing Garden

Julie December 21, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Jeeze! I wish my parents loved me this much! :)

Tammy December 21, 2011 at 4:13 pm

This is so amazing!! You all look so great it’s pretty disgusting. Congrats to Happy One year old G!

Kira December 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Normally the idea of attending a 1-year-old’s birthday party would make me want to stab a sharp object through my frontal lobe, but that actually looks fun and not lame. Good jorb.

Suzanne December 21, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Omg, did you have your son’s 1st birthday party at a bar??? (Sorry, I have no clue what Steel City is, and that’s what that awesome place looks/sounds like.). I’m not judging, because I actually think it looks rocking, and I am SO OVER all my friends’ kids’ parties, but I would so go to yours! LOVE the punk album covers and cake. And love that hot man you call your husband too.

And yes, I am a semi-stalker….not really….

rebecca December 21, 2011 at 8:21 pm

ok wait, you might have helped me big time here. i can’t figure out where to have M’s first bday party so that alcohol can be involved. i figured bars were out since i don’t want M crawling around on the bar floor or stuck in a high chair for three hours. sooo, did you bring that foam floor thing w/ you??

MODG December 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm

wasn’t a bar. It was a coffeeshop. We did not serve alcohol. It was Sunday at 11am.
Yep, brought the foam floor.

rebecca December 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm

so yeah, it makes me feel like an alcoholic that i didn’t even consider a morning party w/out booze.

Sarah December 21, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Love the pics and everything. You all look amazing. G will love seeing those pics when he is older.

Face December 22, 2011 at 12:55 am

Thank you for sharing these pictures of such an intimate time with all of us. You and B are awesome parents, and your experiences have been such an inspiration, to us all I’m sure!

I'llSleepWhenThey'reGrown December 22, 2011 at 1:27 am

The pics are wonderful! It looked like a boatload of fun. Happy Birthday, G! And can we all acknowledge that moms should get a holla on their kid’s bday? Because, good job, mama. You birthed out a good one.

Erin D. December 22, 2011 at 7:29 am

everything looks so awesome!! good for you, you totally pulled it off.. if G loves music i think you should check out Justin Roberts kids music.. we LOVE him at our house.. he has a bunch of cd’s and some of his songs touch on real life situations that many kids have to deal with.. he is amazing.. AMAZING!! i have one of his cd’s in my car and even listen sans baby girl!!http://www.google.com/search?q=justin+roberts&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you December 22, 2011 at 8:25 am

you need to throw parties for a living.

AmyBrewer December 22, 2011 at 9:32 am

Sooooo, are those the red/black plaid girl pants you were talking about in that one post that one day a while back? Drama baby. Girl pants. You’re paving quite the path for a bonafied gayby (gay baby). And if that’s the case, then I want to be his first fag hag (as my hipster friends called it back in college).

But seriously, awesome execution. On the party and on creating such a killer awesome kid. I love it!

Disclaimer: this post written with sarcasm and giggles. I’m not an ass hat.

Marathon Beauty December 22, 2011 at 5:43 pm

You threw an amazing party! So not the typical 1st birthday party! What’s going to happen if G turns out to be one of those teens who loves The Dead and Bob Dylan!? Or pulls an Alex Keaton on you! I giggle every time I tell my BF that there is a slight chance our kid won’t like Star Wars as much as he does… he just laughs nervously.

Also, long time reader, first time commenting. So happy you and B have a happy and healthy one year old!

katelin December 22, 2011 at 7:17 pm

ohmygoodness so much cuteness. love the party theme obviously and just so much cute.

AsphaltQueen December 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Holy shit, you just put my self-made Hungry Caterpillar cupcakes to shame. Serious shame. To my baby girl K… I’m sorry but your mommy just doesn’t love you as much as G’s mommy.

teresa December 22, 2011 at 10:52 pm

is that your mom in the blue sweater? no wonder you’re so gorgeous! and the photographer did do an amazing job. the photos have such great life to them.

Katy December 23, 2011 at 9:37 am

Random new reader. And…um…wow…this is my town? That was surprising. But amazing party! I’ll have to check out all the vendors! (who I, ignorantly, have not heard of)

dara December 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm

happy birthday gavin! his party looks amazing. better than anything i’ve ever thrown my grown behind self!

lily December 29, 2011 at 7:27 am

love the decorations, and gavin is so cute! plus you have movie star hair. signed, decidedly unmoviestar like fan, aka mom pumping breastmilk at 7 am….for boob refusing 11 day old….

Rose January 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Great job on G’s first birthday party! Looks better than any grown-up party I’ve been to in the past 20 years! Can I ask where you got G’s “1” shirt from? Thanks so much!

Sarah@grownupnow January 12, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I’m LOVING the Union Jacks on his birthday cake. It looks like he had fun!

Jessica February 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I’m effing dying over here over the Rancid and liberty spikes!! L.O.V.E. it. What an awesome idea for a kids birthday. Soooo much better than Mickey Mouse. Seriously…

Amanda April 5, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I know I am way behind here, but I have been reading your blog (like a stalker) from the beggining like a fiend. No one wants to miss out on all the jokes. I love that you had G’s party at Steel City. I grew up in Phoenixville so we are of course besties by proxy and one of the thousand Amanda name twins of the 80s.

{ 1 trackback }