No, B did not wear the bandanna at our wedding. And other stuff that still doesn’t make me a princess, but whatever.

This is a risky post. I say that because whenever, wherever I talk about my wedding, lightning falls from the sky and strikes a thousand puppies dead. But I’m going to risk more dead puppies today because 1) I still kinda want to be a princess and have a princess wedding 2) I was just sent a really awesome gift from a reader 3) I sold my wedding dress so I can’t go into my attic and prance around in it like the rest of you. This is all I have.

When we got married, I was a psycho killer nut rapist about it. Wait, I didn’t rape nuts. I planned every detail in a super ocd sort of way. Looking back on it now, it was totally ridiculous and stupid. I mean I loved my wedding and I wouldn’t change a thing. But the world kept spinning as I meticulously stuffed tissues into my ‘tears of joy’ packets (vomit). We even sprung for the super awesome fancy photographer. But what we did not spring for was the super awesome fancy wedding album. Because like 10 pages were about 2000 dollars. Um no.

Instead, I spent all this time and money at a make your own album website. I was so jazzed about it. It took me FOREVER to make. Finally it came. I had 78 pages of wedding in my face. Granted I put more pictures in of the damn tissue envelopes and flowers than actual people, but whatever. 35 seconds went by and the book fell apart. I cried. I ordered another. It fell apart. I sobbed. That was 4 years ago. I never got another wedding album.

UNTIL NOW.

A reader emailed me and offered to put together a free baby book of some dramababy photos. She is a graphic designer and creates really amazing books. Like real album quality, not stupid kodak.com quality. I said, how about instead we do a wedding album and I’ll share the final product with the interwebs, risking the dead puppies and all.

And that my friends is how I was gifted the best gift ever.

It came today and I seriously almost cried. Because when you  put 42 hours into crafting monogrammed napkin holders for 150 people, you want to see the damn things over and over and OVER again.

I honestly can’t say enough amazing things about this album. It’s designed in an awesome non-cheesy way. Like no scrolling roses or smiley heart cupids falling all over the pages. The pages are THICK. Like that real photographer quality. And it’s all together just perfect. It’s times like these I feel super lucky to have a mediocre blog that people will read and give me stuff if I talk about it. WHICH I DESERVE SINCE I DON’T HAVE ADS. (give me more stuff internet)

Below are a few spreads that she created for me. I’m also including the link to the full book so you can see it all with your own eyeballs. But the BEST part is that she’s giving all MODG readers 15% off orders.  Here are the spreads and the good stuff is at the bottom. That’s what she said.

If you want an awesome book of your wedding, or your baby or your feet in different types of feet positions, I highly recommend using Jamie. The process of getting her the pictures was super simple and futuristic. She’s fast and easy (that’s what he said).

This is her Etsy shop

This is her blog and website use code MODG15 for 15% off of your order. Your welcome DTDHC.

And here my friends is the link to the full book. Don’t get all stalky on me. That’s why the secret stuff is blurred out. You maniacs.

Thank you Jamie. B and I both will glitter heart this for the rest of our lives.

POSTED IN: Awesome things,Mom Stuff,wedding

Sara May 2, 2011 at 8:21 am

This is amazing and I’m DEFINITELY getting one!

Ange May 2, 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh it’s gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the entire book, I love peeking at others photos, even if I have no clue who they are. Such lovely work, I think she is about to be very busy with orders. ;-)

Courtney May 2, 2011 at 9:19 am

Wow! I wish I would’ve known about your wedding planning super powers when I was getting married! My wedding looks like an Ozark white trash fest now. Your wedding album was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

lillie May 2, 2011 at 11:42 am

If we are talking about the same Ozark, I’m sure yours was not trash, especially compared to some I’ve seen :)

demi May 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

MEH! For a second my heart dropped and i though for a hot second you were going to talk about the lame gift i got you–that you never got. O__O…but damn I hope you never get it now because my *britney mousepad* pales in comparison to this awesome gift. Best believe I’m using that code to make an album! YAY! p.s. your pics are stunning!

Lauren May 2, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thanks for sharing….great idea for baby pix which are all on my computer and I don’t know what to do with the damn things.

Jamie @ See You There! May 2, 2011 at 10:19 am

YAY I’m so glad you loved the book!! Thanks so much for the glowing post, my heart swells :)

Readers: enter MODG15 at checkout on my Etsy Shop for 15%OFF!!

Britt May 2, 2011 at 10:20 am

Gorgeous wedding. I loved the pictures of B wearing your fur.

lauren May 2, 2011 at 10:40 am

Omg, I am getting one right now. I cannot afford a real album and I agree with everything you wrote completely. I also believe that dead babies fall from the sky whenever I talk about my wedding, but having this album on my coffee table will help make up for that. This is the best tip EVER!
Lauren

Jayme (Random Blogette) May 2, 2011 at 10:46 am

This is so beautiful. I was so pissed at my photographer. he did make a small collage album for us, as a gift, but we were supposed to get a cd with all of our pictures and it never happened. We did get a photo album with our proofs, but that doesn’t do any good when I want to make an album or something with it. Lesson learned. I do love your photo album. Your photographer was fabulous!

betty May 2, 2011 at 11:19 am

beautiful album, beautiful wedding. i can see the stalker-worthiness now! FYI, if you wanna make another baby book or album, check out the AMAZING books at Good Stock:

the process involved is more involved than most photo album sites, but the results are incredible.

Krystyn May 2, 2011 at 11:39 am

Love, love, love it.

Now, what about the sad souls (like me) that only have pictures on film (and no, I’m not that old!)

Jamie @ See You There! May 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm

You should be able to have the film converted to digital files. I’m not an expert on that but a quick google should find you some answers!

Ashleigh May 2, 2011 at 11:58 am

What a beautiful wedding!!! You did an awesome job.

Heather May 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!

Karen May 2, 2011 at 12:55 pm

You look absolutely beautiful! I love the book. I just got my first one made for my son, but it’s just a shitty one from Shutterfly. I’ll have to check out the shop!

Desiree May 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Loving the fancypants album. She did a wonderful job with the arrangement of pictures.

Anna May 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

your wedding was so beautiful!!! I remember seeing some shots in the copycat post and thinking it was amazing.

what a lovely blog gift to get. We still don’t have an album from our wedding over 2 years ago as we couldn’t afford it . Will go and see about shipping costs to the UK from this site.

Jamie @ See You There! May 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Hi Anna!

I don’t have specific shipping costs listed to the UK, but if you like please contact me (sytpaper [at] gmail [dot] com) and we can figure it out. Thanks!

Anna May 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm

P.S totally just stalked your album- it was absolutely worth every penny paying for expensive photographers- your photos are amazing.

Also, you were totally all over the trees at the ceremony- maybe Catherine got the idea from you!!?? x

Rebecca May 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I’m not married and I don’t have a kid, but I feel like I might do one of those two things just so that I can have a book too. So beautifully done!

Jackie May 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm

LOVE THIS! What an amzingly sweet gift! Wow! So beautiful, thoughtful and fabulous. :) Have fun enjoying your new book and all your stunning photos, girl. You, my friend, were one gorgeous bride. :)

B May 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Beautiful!! (The wedding and the book, for that matter!)

Khadijah May 2, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I got married last week, so thanks for the warning on not ordering one from one of “those” websites. I’ve been googling non stop. I have 300 photos aka wedding crack I must bind together. Her prices are very reasonable and I LOVE 15% off. SOLD!

Renee May 2, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Amazing wedding album. You look stunning (of course!). Thanks for sharing!

Kaye May 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

My friend did that for her wedding… she had a book like yours for the guest book, where it had pictures on pages and space for guests to sign it…then she had a more paper textured book for her wedding pictures. It was stunning, and yours is fabulous as well! I’m glad you have a great book now!

Michelle May 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I knew I liked you. I wore the same dress when I got married! (Although it is a popular one…)

Kate May 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Random, unrelated question – how/where did you sell your wedding dress? I’m looking to unload mine….

Lisa May 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm

This is exactly what I have been looking for! I got married in 2007 and have been frustrated at the lack of an awesome album but my photographer’s options were extremely expensive. I started working on it on a make your own album website, but now I’m glad I didn’t invest all that time or money. I am totally getting one of these!

Becky Mochaface May 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I love looking at pictures of your wedding. No stalkery stuff I promise.

Carrie May 3, 2011 at 2:04 am

thanks for sharing modgie – maaaaaay have got a little teary eyed checking out the album… good stuff :)

Kimberly May 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

I love your photobook! I’ve started the process to get my prego/family photos put into a book. Thanks! I would never had found her if you didn’t post this!

Lacey Bean May 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm

So awesome! I still need to do our album (same reason as you – wedding album = a kazillion dollars.)

eileen marie May 3, 2011 at 4:53 pm

DTDHC? (I know I am supposed to know what that stands for) What a wonderful thing for Jamie to do for you -and she has FAB prices! You should definitely use her to make G’s a baby book maybe when he turns 1. Your beautiful wedding photos finally have a home. I love B in your stole! We sprung for the album (but it actually has photo-photos in it), but we were gifted another album by a guest/friend. And if I ever have time, I may make another! (Did I mention we had a photo guest book too obsessed much?) Did B give you the sterling Tiffany bow necklace for your wedding gift? Love it -so sweet. (In true stalker fashion…I also think we may have had the same wedding shoes..or something very similar.)

Barttart May 5, 2011 at 12:44 am

I love everything about your blog! You CRACK ME UP! Also thats such an awesome photo album for your wedding, definitely not cheesy at all, quite classy actually :)
Ill be stopping by more often!

Amy May 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Awww, I am STILL blown away by your wedding. Just beautiful.

Amy L. May 10, 2011 at 9:08 am

The album is gorgeous! Started reading your blog just a few months ago and must say your wedding was beautiful!

Also- went to a tour at a pediatrician’s office yesterday (expecting our first in August) and saw the magazine w. your nursery!!! You are WAY famous. :)

Elaine October 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Hey MODGie! (i’m one of those annoying girls that adds -ie or -ey to all of her friends names to make them cuter.) Im getting married in May and want to have this girl do my album afterwards but I wanted to see if your album is still in one piece and if you are still totally satisfied with it. Please be honest before I chunk down all this moo-lah…Britney will know if you are lying.
All the best,
Elaine

Francisco Brooks December 20, 2012 at 1:12 am

Howdy article author. Ready to to step up your game? We are paying $20-$30 a page.