You ugly. You you you uggly.

Hear me now and hear me always: if you offer to send me something free, I’m going to accept it. You could be like, Hey want some free dirt from my backyard? And I’ll be all, YES. Because more things are good. And that is why I’m bordering on a hoarder’s personality.

So in reading your comments, looks like I’m not the only one that Australia man contacted about shoes. When I got his email I’ll be honest, I barely looked at what he wanted to send me. I was just like, ok send me your free anything and I’ll talk about it. I mean I’m pretty sure you all could use a baby break around here. Little did I know what I was signing up for.

Remember when I said I hated Crocs and then I got these? This is like that but worse. I swore I’d never wear Uggs. I mean it says it in the name “ug”. Then I became a mom who trots around the house in the winter with a baby asking B to put my rice pack in the microwave and then drape it nicely over my feet. THEN I get an offer for free Uggs. Yes ok why the hell not.

But they weren’t called Uggs. Please note that I know nothing of Uggs, like at all. So when he was like, yes these are in fact Uggs just a different type with this special inside fur. Fine, do it up.

Fast forward ONE MONTH because that’s how long they took to come here from Australia with their holiday in China and I now own a pair of knock off Uggs. If there is anything worse than Uggs it’s cheaper shoes trying to be Uggs. And I own them.

please note drama baby. Also not a fan of the Uggs.

Dudes, getting this show together on my toilet with dramababy was NOT easy. I didn’t even pull my jeans down. And I didn’t make any effort to crop out the camera. Whatever, times are changing. Please meet my new house slippers that will never see the light of day.

Whooga. Whoo? Exactly. I totally feel like I did in 5th grade when everyone was wearing Umbros and I had Undos from Walmart or something.

Just as ugly as the real thing. But like I said, I know nothing about Uggs so some 13 year old could totally be like, but the stitching doesn’t have a cross v pattern on the left ankle.

Now for the positive. This I like. The cushy fur inside that reminds me of that stuff that insulates your house. But I’m pretty sure real Uggs have this too. To the Australia guys credit, these are cheaper than actual Uggs. So if you want to be ghetto about it, buy these. What do I care.

In conclusion, if you want to buy knock off Uggs from Australia that take a month to get to you and flaunt the fake brand on the back, these are for you!

But I’m pretty sure that most of you are making this face about them right about now

And let’s just take a moment to see my toilet progression:

how life changes. Although let’s not define this phase of my life via fake Uggs.

Thanks

POSTED IN: Not Pleased,Stuff on a toilet,Style

Lori March 8, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Ok…I have like three pair of Uggs (not knock offs, the real deal)…i want to be buried in them, That’s all.

One Ring to Rule Them All March 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Oh holy god.

I guess it coulda been worse. I absolutely hate it when we get stuff that I would never in a million years review. You feel so bad for the person who sent it, and you say you’ll never use it, and then lo and behold, you end up needing some deodorant because you’ve been at your desk for 27 hours and you think the hippie crystal in the giveaway box looks kinda good.

You do NOT put said hippie crystal back once it’s been used.

Jenny DB March 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I’m with Lori. They are Seattle Sept-May everyday wear. Rainbows get June/July/August in a good summer.

Heather@MamaSass March 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I have Uggs too. Ugly as hell but comfortable? Hell yes. And being that my feet swell up like a mofo at the end of pregnancy, I suspect I’ll be alternating between Uggs and Crocs for the last month of gestating.
Lord help me.

Theresa Milstein March 8, 2011 at 5:37 pm

There’s nothing worse than fake Uggs. To send them now is like they’re asking you to buy pajama jeans and breastfeed until your kid is 7.

Mandy Moore March 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I totally got pajama jeans. I’m going to hide now.

BUT I’M A STAY-AT-HOME-MOM!

That’s so not a legitimate excuse. Shit. Maybe those are what’s holding me back from leaving my apartment while still respecting myself. :(

I need some Kimmie K style in my life, stat.

Blanca March 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm

ha! yup, they are cheap knock off but they are free. I have to say I would have done the same thing and accepted whatever he wanted to send. Glad to see you’re back on the toilet :)

Christina March 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I too cursed Uggs and allof their ugliness. And then I got a realpair from my Mom. I kind of really love them now. BUT, a knock off pair is ridiculous as Uggs are for comfort only… anyone who tells me they like the way they look should be shot, or at least forced to babysit dramababy until they realize the error of their way!
If you ever get out and go shopping, try on a pair of the real deal. Don’t buy, just slip them on and I promise you will start o kind of see what the fuss is about.

Sidenote – I love that G is wailing in the picure. Further proof that you are not embellishing his dramatic tendencies!

amy March 8, 2011 at 5:58 pm

The Umbros line killed me. I’ve really missed these posts – hilarious!

Audrey March 8, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I like to call them Fuggs. Both because they are fake uggs and, well…..you know.

Heather March 9, 2011 at 11:16 am

Like, Like, Like this comment!

Cindy March 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I have some Bear Paw fake Uggs, and I call them my Fuggs too! lol

norma March 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm

you totally just made my day lol

Prettylittlereckless March 8, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I have real Uggs, but to my defense, I live in MN and they were for practical purposes only. It gets ridiculously cold here and they are hella warm. But they suck in respect that when I step in slushy snow or a damn puddle, they totally absorb the water. Lame.

I would actually consider Whooga just because they’re cheaper though.

April B. March 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I would totally welcome free shoes … ain’t no shame! I adore my Uggs and would love the Australians to try to get me to convert – ha ha!
So happy to see a shoe post … oh how I have I missed them!! :o)

Winn March 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Um… I’d actually wear them… but then it’s still -16 celsius here, so that would be for comfort. Otherwise, I’m totally waiting for sandal weather!

heatheradair March 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm

so, first – yeah, like your Umbros, I totally rocked fake sketchers in middle school – when those clod-hopper white lug-soled things in weird suede were the coolest thing to ever make your jeans bunch up funny. But I got JC Penny knockoffs without the “S” on the side. Over which I’ve TOTALLY been compensating for the last 15 years.

oh – and second: I have to do this awesome balancing act on the side of my tub where I get all pull-up fabulous on the shower rod to be able to see my entire outfit. I like the toilet option better. Ditto those super-cute shorts in the middle picture.

Sarah RDH March 8, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Those are the worlds ugliest Fuggs. Real uggs arent quite that ugly. So kim k screwed me this month bc I forgot to skip payment, like I have been doing for ohhhh 12 months now, (I keep it open in hopes she will come up with something great.) and I got charged so now I am being forced to buy a pair of shoes I will never wear. Your Fuggs may be better than the shit she’s been sending. ick. And her purses were ugly too. So ugly.

Ashley March 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I love the order from hot pink stripper shoes… to ortho safe(still cute) mommy shoes.. to your knockoffs (plus baby’s face is the best).

Corinne March 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Another blogger I like got a pair of these from the same guy and actually really liked them……I guess if you want Uggs but at a way cheaper price, these would be the way to go. I just don’t understand why people wear them ALL OF THE TIME. The originals were designed as house slippers NOT as wear-with-your-stupid-mini-skirt-in-10-degree-weather shoes. I have a pair of knock-off sweater Uggs, but I’ve only ever worn them, like, twice. To the grocery store no less.

Meagan@Megs7827 March 8, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I have bearclaws. They are fake uggs. I love them. What kept your feet warm before? I know you live in a place where it snows. I need them to keep my feet warm and I can’t justify spending an extra $120 for a label.

Jessica March 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Love the toilet pic. My daughter has the same chair as Drama Baby. It’s been one of my saving graces. Oh and free shoes are free shoes. I used a have a pair of fake Uggs. I only wore them to walk the dog. Tres comfortable!

Amy March 8, 2011 at 7:15 pm

A big fat negative on the uggs and the fake uggs. I lived in Wisconsin for most of my life and wouldn’t succumb to the nastiness that was uggs the first time around and the fact that they keep coming back just makes me want to vomit in one. My hubby knows that if he were to buy uggs or a snuggie for me it would be grounds for a divorce.
Welcome back to the toilet though… it missed you.

betty March 8, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I used to totally hate Uggs…until I owned the real deal. Now I have 3 pairs and my baby has a pair. The knockoffs do not compare. Yes, Uggs are hideous and pricey, but when you are prego and walking half a dozen blocks in the winter just to get to the grocery store, they become your best friend. And I love the progression of toilet pics ending with wailing dramababy in the foreground. It’s perfect, that should be the new MODG logo

C. March 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm

This Australia dude seems insane if he thinks people over here will buy fake ugly Uggs from WAY OVER THERE when you can just get them at your local Target.

Alena March 8, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Real UGGS are like baby angels cradling your feet blowing their sweet hot angel breath on your toes to keep them warm.

Cindy March 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm

BAH hahahaha! Awesome.

Marisa March 9, 2011 at 12:20 am

Yeah those might be the ugliest shoes ever. Like Uggs only somehow way worse. I’ve lived in the Midwest my entire life and do not own nor never will own a pair of Uggs. It is possible to survive winter and stay warm without wearing fuggly boots.

jo March 9, 2011 at 1:26 am

ok, here’s the deal. I’m an Aussie so I feel qualified to offer my 2 cents.
1.Uggs are way ugly but so incredibly comfy on your feet.
2.do not under any circumstances wear them outside of your home (ok, i give you permission to wear them to collect the mail but NO further).
3. always buy the real deal ones. trust. you will notice the difference in quality.
love your blog!

Courtney March 9, 2011 at 1:33 am

You know, Uggs (or should I say Ugg-ish boots?) can grow on ya. Just you wait, you’ll be sporting those Whoogas to the grocery and eventually, on your Saturday night dates with husband (when those resume…). When I lived in the Midwest and saw magazine pics of Pamela Anderson wearing Uggs with her daily uniform of white shorts and a white see through t-shirt, I was totally apppaled at their uggliness. But then I moved to California and after seeing that 98% of the female pop wore Uggs, they kinda grew on meh. So I now I have two pairs and I flove them. It’s like you’re walking on clouds! They’re so not the same thing as Crocs! Uggs are comfy-cute to me now! They go with everything! I say wear the Whoogas long enough to decide whether you’re ready to commit to a longer relaysh with the boot and then go getcha some Uggs. Let’s not repeat the Undos debable!!!

Beckles March 9, 2011 at 7:37 am

I hate Uggs. I hate that more than one person in my office wears them to work. And I hate when girls who should not be wearing mini skirts wear them with mini skirts. Actually, I hate when they are worn with mini skirts. Period. Almost as much as I hate leggings as pants.

April Queen March 9, 2011 at 8:12 am

I think the only real positive I have found with Uggs, except of course the comfort, is that your foot size is a total mystery. Really, even the smallest size is huge! They look more like a one size fits all. If you have big feet or small feet no one will know!

JP March 9, 2011 at 9:04 am

How cute is dramababy!!!???!!! You can tell he can’t be without you.

Khadijah March 9, 2011 at 9:18 am

… there was this one time I got fake Uggs from Walmart because they had a fake Ed Hardy crazy design on the back. Two fakes. But they were $13. They lasted two weeks and the sole was paper thin by then. As for the Whooga.. interesting, very interesting.

tastymoog March 9, 2011 at 9:48 am

I’m sick of “but they are comfy!” or all the “oh but I live in a cold climate” excuses. Hell, I live where it’s cold, but instead of wearing uggs, I wear tights under my pants and two pairs of socks with my normal, nice looking flat soled boots or snow boots when necessary. I don’t care if uggs feel like I have a pile of kittens cuddling up to my feet, I wouldn’t be caught dead in those shits.

ellie March 9, 2011 at 10:31 am

I looked those Wahoo-brand sheep skins shoes up…they are listed ON SALE for $109.00…how is that a knock-off? I work on a college campus full of young people who have yet to go through puberty who choose to wear leggings as pants, uggs, and northface jackets as an entire outfit. No, bad, don’tdoitever! Even if you’re in incredible shape. I would also like to add that the waterproofing issue can be solved by that water-proofing spray for leather shoes. Because then if you choose to wear this awful outfit in public at least your toes are dry?

jenn March 9, 2011 at 10:41 am

so weird australia man didnt have real uggs. im pretty sure theyre made in australia.
anyways, i totally have a knock off version. they’re called bearpaw. they were like 50 bucks with tax and all.
my friend got a pare of uggs the same day i got mine. hers were 250! and they were a way shorter version of mine, like a shoe. sooo much uglier than a calf version. anyways, we both sprayed the crap out of them to protect them from snow and salt. now, two years later. hers are ugly as fack, she gets a soaker from a single flake of snow and mine look perfect. they’re just as comfy and no salt stains. uggs blow, knock offs are the way to go. i didnt mean for that to rhyme.

Kaye March 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

I like uggs lol. I actually bought a kind of knock off pair of boots, they’re SO COMFY! I wear them all the time. Oh well, to each their own :D

PeaceLoveTerri March 9, 2011 at 10:57 am

I heart my Uggs!! They are supa ug but also supa comfy!
And I also heart my Croc work heels like your above, they are supa comfy as well!!

Michele Renee March 9, 2011 at 11:10 am

I have never had Uggs or a knock-off, but my Hubs just ordered some for himself. What? Yeah, that is what my 3 sons said too. But they are shoes with laces and he is on his feet all day as a teacher, AND he surfs and enlightened us that they were started by a surfer to keep his feet warm and comfy in between waves.
Just found your blog. I had a colicky son 14 years ago back when there were no blogs but I wish there were. My next two kids were so, so easy so on a positive note, I had the non-stop crying/sucking one first. We noticed as he got older (he is now a 9th grader) that he’s the only one in the family that complains about whatever so we have concluded that he was complaining all the time as an infant about everything.

Jaime @ la vie...j'aime March 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm

this post, these pics are amazing lol. i too got contacted by him way back when. at least you have some rip off shoes that if they baby spits up on them or what not, you wont care :)

Becky Mochaface March 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Uggs, or in this case knock off Uggs, as comfy shoes for the house? Ok, I can handle that.

But as office foot wear? Oh hell no.

Rachel March 9, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Whooga. Awesome.
I have been anti Uggs from the beginning but will admit that, as of late, I have been drawn to their comfy looking insides (that’s what she said?). Keep them for in the house. For sure.

Alexandria Campbell March 9, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I was always anti-uggs and then I converted and I love them. Like I don’t care how ugly they are. They are comfy as hell. But I would draw the line at fake uggs with the big dumb fake tag on the back.

Gini March 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Wow. Those are nasty, uggly Homer Simpson shoes.

Kendra March 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I have real Uggs and I’m not going to defend my reasoning why because they are fucking awesome.

But these? LOL. Is their website even legal?!

Naomi March 9, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Oh my gaahhhhd! I seriously hate uggs. Real or fake – they’re ugly. Why are people trying to convince others that they’re not ugly, or that they’ll grow on you? BULLSHIZ. They’re ugly, and I’ve thought so since they’ve come out.

The Lucky Mommy March 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm

This is hilarious…I love it!

Jessica March 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I go out of the house looking like that a lot. I’m probably being judged by my uggs, do not care. I LOVE THEM. You look amazing fyi.

Candice March 9, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Love the screaming where is Waldo baby in the pic. I can also appreciate the way you stock the bathroom with toilet paper. Somebody’s expecting to do a lot of damage…

Shit in those fake uggs instead.

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic March 9, 2011 at 8:46 pm

DAYYYUUUMM GINA! You are like the 2nd person to get hit up with the free faux uggs for a blog report! I’m disappointed that Aussie hasn’t hit me up. I’d gladly write up an article for a free pair of shoes. Hear that Mr. Australia? Love them or hate them, they are free and I bet comfortable! Dear Aussie Man – where’s my hand out?

Excellent work I can always depend on you to honest, as well as Drama Baby! Lastly I love the image of B helping you model your shoes and baby bump on the toilet. He’s a true MODG team player even though he might not admit it.

Amy March 9, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Okay, these are not pretty pumps…but look…. you are back atop the toilet….and Drama crying beneath you is priceless! I have Uggs….one pair that I have had for five years and I look forward to breaking them out every winter. Uggs are a very big lame deal here in Cali. This year they finally fell apart and I a was thinking of buying a comfy cheaper fake pair. Thank you for keeping me from make a huge mistake.

Christy March 9, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Love the toilet progression!!! Oh how life changes when a child enters it. Still look fabulous even if you think the Ugg’s/knock-offs aren’t so great. You could rock anything!

Renee March 10, 2011 at 12:05 am

A) Hate to say it, but I’m from Seattle and I wear Uggs along with 3/4 the population here …
B) After seeing your last photo from this post (the progression one, which I LOVED) the Uggs really do look like crap compared to your stylish shoes, so now I want to invest in cuter foot wear.

Stephanie March 10, 2011 at 12:52 am

How awesome are you? Free slippers!?! Even if you wear them out of the house, who cares? I mean yeah, they are god awful ugly, but judging by G’s face in a lot of the pictures that you post, you totally deserve fuzzy fake fur surrounding your feet. My mom says that when you have a baby, you are allowed at least a one year dispensation from fashion in order to acclimate to motherhood, so enjoy the time you have. What I can’t stand is that you still rocked them, crying baby and flat footed Uggliness in all. How is that possible? Must be the toilet.

Amy Z March 10, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I am wearing my ugg moccasin slippers right now, and walked the dogs in my classic talls this morning. The very best thing about Uggs as slippers is that they NEVER get stinky. EVER. Before my Uggs, I would buy a new pair of slippers twice a winter and have to throw my others out- these I’ve had for over 4 years and no problems. My husband says the moccasins make my feet look like little sweet potatoes.

I can’t believe that i just told the world about my stinky,slipper ruining, kimmy gibbler-esque feet problem. But seriously, if you have stinky, sweaty but still somehow cold feet, uggs are your answer.

Jamie March 10, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I love this because I hate Uggs too, but knock off Uggs…give me a break. That is just hilarious! I love everything about this post and well pretty much every post.

Tracy March 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I love your blog. It’s a must read everyday at work just to keep me from going insane. I also started following you on twitter (@iheartmyjames), thanks for livening up my timeline :)

As for uggs, I have 3 pairs. But I only wear them at home, they are like house shoes to me. Ugly as fuck but nice when your house has all wood floors.

I went back and read your crocs post and is it bad of me to want those heels? Man being almost 33, I feel it’s justified to own a comfortable pair of heels.

Kass March 12, 2011 at 2:18 am

You rock anything you wear.

Sarah March 14, 2011 at 3:54 pm

fake uggs -> fuggs. fuggly.

Maggie March 14, 2011 at 4:41 pm

this just made me laugh because I TOTALLY have a rice sack (and a baby). and I spend half my life begging my husband to stick the sack in the microwave and then bring it to me for my feet, along with whatever cookies are in the pantry. hurry spring. hurry.

kaylen March 19, 2011 at 12:32 am

Wow, those boots…
I really do think uggs are ugly and I don’t get why everyone loves them. And they aren’t even comfortable unless you have completely flat feet and need no support at all.
And the fact that they are so expensive?? Ugh is a better name for them.

Love the drama baby in the toilet scene. These are great memories you’re making for your child…

Megan November 15, 2011 at 6:21 am

Just saying. I’m from Australia and people here have worn those darn things since maybe when the first ships arrived from England… and even before ‘Uggs’ were a thing. So they’re not exactly ‘knock-off’ -because those kind of sheepskin slipper boots have been around for..ever. To be honest – I don’t think I’ve even ever seen Uggs (like, the real deal Uggs brand) for sale anywhere in this fine country… haha. But yes, ugly, ugly ugly. But warm and comfortable yes. Just never leave the house in them. Cos that would be weird. When Hollywood photos started surfacing circa 2003 where they were worn in public, I think Australia let out a collective giggle. Because that was only something that bogans ever did (thats probably a word for urban dictionary because i don’t know what the USA version would be)…

but but … why the heck did they come via China?!?!?!?!?!?

PS. I think G is a fabulous addition to your toilet pics!!