We’re still talking about the nursery, but this time at Hooters, with fire lasers.

Since I apparently work at the security equivalent to the Pentagon, I could not update the blog yesterday to let you know that your services are now needed. I am actively enrolled in the Apartment Therapy nursery contest and your duty as virtual friends is calling yet again. Below is my source list for every little thing in the nursery. So go ahead steal it. I’m cool with it. All I ask is that you vote for me to be captain of internet nursery design.

***here***

You have to register to vote but just do it. I would do it for you and your fetus.  YOU KNOW I WOULD. The winning entry right now has 224 votes. We only have 24 hours left to vote and we MUST BEAT HER.  It’s a good entry, I’ll admit it. When I saw it was like, man I want that room for my private headquarters. BUT losing is not an option. In fact I made a visual diagram to show you exactly what needs to happen.

What? Too much? Was it the fire lasers shot from my nursery’s hands that pushed it over the edge?

Source List:
Paint: Benjamin Moore Anchor Gray, eggshell finish
Crib: Walmart Baby Mod collection
Changing Table: 30 bucks on Craigslist + 1 case of beer to get B to refinish it.
Glider: Jennifer Delonge
Curtains: Joel Dewberry Fabric, custom made by my awesome curtain lady
Bedding: Joel Dewberry Fabric Modern Meadow, custom made by awesome etsy lady
Wall Trees: Decals from decal guy on etsy
Framed owl art: Matte Stephens Etsy
ABC Print

Bed Mobile
Changing table mobile: Awesome Asian on Etsy
Stacking owls: Russia. Deal with it.
Owl Bookends: Barnes and Noble
Closet boxes: Ikea
Rug: Overstock
Side Table: Overstock
Ceiling light: West Elm
Table light: West Elm
Ottoman: CB2
Stuffed owl on shelf: Etsy
Small green owl print, framed: Etsy
Wooden owl hung on wall: Urban Outfitters
Silver trashcans: World Market

Oh yeah, some of you asked what’s with the owls and why did I choose that element for the nursery. Good question friend of friends.  Back in the day I worked for Hooters and that job meant the world to me and changed my life in so many ways. So I decided that it was important for my son to know that through the art of interior design. See?

Important.

You’re welcome. Now vote! Voting on the nursery lasts for 48 hours from entry so you can count on some hoching until you poop your pants with votes.

Oh and don’t forget about this either.  Thanks for being my sparkle bitch 4 life.

POSTED IN: Nursery,pregnant stuff

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you November 12, 2010 at 8:20 am

did you know that you are in the lead for the pregnancy blog thing? i can’t imagine a more awesome pregs blog than this one.
those others are probably super boring and do not include awesome drawings.
i voted of course for you…

mrs.mfc November 12, 2010 at 9:05 am

Just voted. Consider yourself lucky- all that registering and confirming was a pain. But honestly I really do like your room. Great job!

kelly @Dare to be Domestic November 12, 2010 at 9:47 am

Your nursery will be on top!!! Pink is going down, but it is a lovely room but the owl obsessor in me loves yours most (I probably would even if it didn’t have owls because it’s freaking amazeballs!)

Note: I love that you didn’t just choose owls because they are trendy but because you have a history with them. And now I’m totally craving Hooters wings and we don’t have one here – I have to drive an hour to get to one [damn bible belt of America].

jessalyn November 12, 2010 at 10:03 am

fyi- i was vote number 225 for you & the other one is still at 224. remember when i used to worry you would take out a restraining order on me & we would talk about eating disorders, ghosts & aliens? le sigh to the good old days.

Sarah vL November 12, 2010 at 10:16 am

Voted! (And voted again on the preggers blog – yay for MODG being #1!!) Is there any way to vote again for the nursery? Or to see who is close to you in votes?

Sarah vL November 12, 2010 at 10:43 am

I may or may not have just registered with my old college emails and voted 3 more times….. :)

Erin November 12, 2010 at 10:49 am

Girl, please, you’ll win. I voted for you.

~KS November 12, 2010 at 11:06 am

I always wanted to work at Hooters… except I have no boobs. That was a problem.

And I voted! Can I vote more than once?? Hmmm…

brianne November 12, 2010 at 11:20 am

You’re up to 265!!! WOO-HOO!! AND you’re number UNO on the mom blogs too. You’re basically winning at life and taking over the internet at the same time!

Shannon November 12, 2010 at 11:23 am

I voted and LOVE Plankton’s nursery!! You did an amazing job :)

Stop by my blog and enter my giveaway for holiday cards! I know you love winning stuff… hurry, go now!

Becky Mochaface November 12, 2010 at 11:26 am

Done and done. MODG for the win!

Brittany November 12, 2010 at 11:57 am

umm so i expect pies… and a vat of sparkles…
because that was a pain in my rump and i made several friends do it also for principle…
ps: the pies is totally able to happen i still live in pa approx. 40 min from philly to january..

.. k thanks

shellymarie November 12, 2010 at 12:03 pm

ok so i never participate or vote on crap – i’m just the big creep that reads everyones blogs and pretends to be friends with them….but your room is pretty cool and i’m totally going to steal it when i have a kid….also just as a coincidence i came across this etsy site and she has some super cute hand sewn owl shit….check it out….http://www.etsy.com/shop/sasaoriginals?ref=seller_info

Sarah RDH November 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I would’ve been a shoo-in to work at Hooters with this rack….but we don’t have 1 close. Sads. :(

I personally would like to know, how exactly did Hooters change your life? I waitressed for 7 years, and I don’t know that I’d consider it “life-changing” but it IS a really great way to learn “people skills”, and how to act in a public restaurant…or at least how NOT to act….just curious. Also, is “Waiting” one of your fav movies???? I fuckin love it. I was sooooo the angry bitch in my serving days!!! lmao

Jaime November 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I just voted and you were at 288!! Good Luck!!!

Kate November 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I am going to go vote in a hot minute, but first can we PLEASE address the ferocity of the last picture!? This may necessitate MS Paint to include sparkles exploding from your hands…

Meli November 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Oh, wow! You were a hooters girl….now it all.makes.sense. Sorry I didn’t vote, but I am sure you will win. I mean, heck!?! You.were.a.HOOTERS.girl!!!!!

Norma November 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

DONE!!!!

norma

p.s. i always wanted to be a hooters girl….but the parental units were not feeling it…dont become that type of mom, deal? deal.

megan November 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm

so somehow I feel we must know each other… In that hoots pic I see erin, kristen (who rec’d your blog to me) meg, and jilly bean. Which means debbie and mike were managers when you worked there. And you worked with jodi who ended up being a manager. You would think I was stalking you but I repped those orange shorts during my time at psu as well. Weirddddd I think you possibly were gone when I started? :) *all names are not for you crazy internet creepers to use.

Ashley November 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Your nursery wars picture is probably your best to date.

Love that you were a Hooters chick, you are just full of depth and I never know what to expect!

Girl who suggested sparkles coming from your hands in the last picture, bang on…do it please.

I voted for you but couldn’t bring myself to ask others and risk having to share you with them…selfish – maybe, brilliant – yes!

The end.

Gini November 12, 2010 at 3:31 pm

You worked at Hooters?!?!?!?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA

Brittany November 12, 2010 at 6:06 pm

It explains a lot doesn’t it? SUPER AWESOME MODG. I voted on every computer in my office for the pregnancy blog + voted with a bunch of old email addresses for the nursery. YAYAYAY I HOPE YOU WIN.

Mama Laughlin November 12, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I just found you and thank the lord jesus christ of latter day saints cause I’m pretty sure we are destined to be bffs.
you are one funny bitch.
nursery rocks my face.

Brittany November 12, 2010 at 4:01 pm

so i def. comented earlier BUT however large massive BUT… I have amazing finatastic news… im just now reading through old posts I just got to your sparkly bra post so I sincerely apologize if you have already discovered this and potato gunned it into the blog world ….. Victoria’s secret has a swarovski crystal limited edition sparkle bra…just in time for plankton’s vag to world mission… thought i’d let you know

ElsMom November 12, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I just registered for MORE email, but I absolutely hope you win, and name your baby boy Hugo! Good luck!

Anna November 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

will plankton be modeling the “hooter girls think i’m hot” onesy at any time? because a picture will be needed. maybe charlie could try it on first to make sure it fits.

Jessica November 12, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I think that’s an awesome reason to decorate with owls.

Christina November 12, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I was at BabyGap today and they have a ton of insanely cute owl stuff. I couldn’t resist this owl sweater onesie thing: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=25781&vid=1&pid=785786

Ofjonesfame November 13, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Tx for the listing!
I was totally going to steal your color scheme for my barroom and then live and bathe in secret… Forever. Now I don’t have to!
Well done!

Rachel {at} It's a Hero November 16, 2010 at 11:00 am

Hilarious! Hooters?? HOOTERS??? Nice.

Mindy Clarke November 17, 2010 at 10:22 pm
Sarah February 18, 2011 at 9:25 am

Can I be a pain in the ass and bring up a thread from over a year ago, and BEG you to tell me where the changing pad cover is from? It rules.

Nicole May 7, 2011 at 9:23 am

I just noticed your (I mean Gavin’s) nursery is on the etsy website too.

Sara May 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Amanda- I looooove your nursery! You have such a great eye. Forgive me if you already answered this somewhere, but where did you get that tray thingy that is holding the changing pad? I put my son’s changing pad right on his dresser, but now that he is starting to roll we need something like that to secure it better. Thanks!

Allison July 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm

so i was wasting some quality time on pinterest today and i came across a picture that looked very familiar. G’s nursery. i totally commented and noted that your magical blog is the source. people need to get their shit straight.
just fyi. i figured you should know you’re even more famous now.

holly October 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm

etsy started doing this cool thing that shows you stats of how many people are visiting your shop and where they’re coming from and i randomly get traffic from both your website and your feature on ohdeedoh, so thank you! ha! your little one’s nursery is super adorable!

Janet January 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I am new to this “blogging” thing…you know, the old dog & new tricks thing. However, my computer-savvy pregnant daughter introduced me to Pinterest, which then forced me to open a Facebook account, and well, here I am. Yours is the first blog I’ve ever read, and now I’m hooked.
My daughter and I are decorating her nursery together and we love yours so much, we plan to borrow a few of your ideas. She had already chosen gray for the walls, so when we saw yours, we couldn’t have been more excited. I cannot imagine a more well-done blog or a more beautiful nursery (I bet the rest of your house is more of the same).
Oh, and by the way, we plan to include at least one thing aqua in the room in your honor!
WOW…what a pleasure. Thanks!

PS. Sorry we didn’t discover your site before the contest… hope you won…you certainly deserved to.

Janet

Franchesca February 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm

now I feel really bad for the post I just added on the original nursery blog! lol thanks girl!

{ 1 trackback }