Plankton’s supah fly nursery: where rockstars are made….who like aqua.

** IF YOU HAVE COME TO THIS POST TO STALK THE NURSERY, I’M COOL WITH THAT. JUST DON’T EMAIL ME ASKING WHERE I GOT ALL THIS CRAP. IT’S ALL LISTED RIGHT HERE.**

I’m going to be honest with you. This whole nursery thing was 80% about me and 20% Plank and -70% about B. I like doing stuff. And by stuff I mean making things pretty. Things like parties and weddings and rooms and ugly friends. There is nothing better than taking a bag of shit and turning it into sparkle gems. ALSO I’m going to admit that it was way  hard for me to decorate a boy room. That’s why it’s pretty much not a boy room. And I’m ok with that. So is Plank. He’s a little metro so we worked it out.

Ok enough word vomit. Here’s the room. Also this peep show isn’t free. Please see the end for your payment.

TA DAAAAH! PLANKTON’S SPARKLE WOODS ROOM. See, if I had to live in the woods, I would hope that 1) there would be aqua colored seating and 2) only birds and owls and no other creatures. And like I said, this room is 80% about me. I think boys totally like aqua though. Totally. Also this room is MODGBLOG colored. Win.

That dresser was bought on Craigslist for 30 bucks and refinished by B. This idea was maybe stolen from www.younghouselove.com. What? I can steal stuff too. Almost all the chachkies you see around the room are from Etsy. I’ll detail sources later.

Do you want to be  my baby?

That closet was also built by B and the fine people of Ikea. All it takes is a beer and 54 whiney complaints like “but B! puhleeeeease build the clooooseeeeeet?!!” And then magic it happens.

Those are little booties we got for Plankster in Finland. That means it’s better than most stuff so it goes in a frame.

That mobile came straight from Japan from a little man who sits on a lake and makes origami. You think I’m kidding. I’m looking for an inspirational/awesome quote for that owl to say. Taking suggestions.

There’s Plankton’s lullabye and his thumb print tree from the shower. And an owl face, that appears to be scarier than I remember.

More Etsy crap and also Willy posing because this is dignified photography and not that bullshit that Charlie puts up with.

Those stacking owls are from Russia. I think they were 40 million Rupels which is like 2 dollars. Don’t I sound so cultured telling you about my European things?

And there you have it my friends.

I’m sure you have some questions about where I got what. Leave me your questions for sourcing in your comments and I’ll have a list for you by tomorrow. Maybe. I just don’t feel like it right now because I have to cook dinner still and watch my dvr without pants on.

Ok PAYMENT TIME.

1) I was nominated for best pregnancy blog on The Bump. Please vote for me if you enjoy the education I’ve provided on hemorrhoids, nipple size and stroller safety. VOTE HERE

2) I have Plankton’s room entered in a nursery contest on Ohdeedoh. It’s not published yet but when it is I need ALL HANDS ON DECK. This is one of those bullshit contests where you have to register to vote. But remember how important our friendship is to you and how I stayed up all of those nights holding your hair back while you drunk puke. You owe me.  You can prepare yourself and register here.

And there you have it friends. I give you full permission to copy the shit out of anything you see here and I promise I won’t blow your ass up on my blog. For real. See how sparkly mature I am?

POSTED IN: Nursery,pregnant stuff

Mary November 11, 2010 at 8:10 am

It looks amazing – perfect for a boy or girl, really. My favorite item is that chair! Gorgeous!!!

cmb123 November 11, 2010 at 8:20 am

love it amanda! question: what color gray paint did you use?

Katie November 11, 2010 at 8:21 am

Wow! I am completely impressed. I love your color selections. Impressive that it only take B a beer to put up the closet. My husband is probably more of the 12 pack variety. Your whines but be far more superior than mine.

Elly Lou November 11, 2010 at 8:27 am

Promise me you aren’t going to show Plankton Hitchock’s “The Birds” until he’s at least fifteen.

robin plemmons November 11, 2010 at 8:28 am

OMG I WANT TO BE YOUR BABY.

Allison November 11, 2010 at 8:28 am

The owl should say simply “who are you?” Maybe get slightly cutesy and put ‘whooo’

Beckles November 11, 2010 at 8:29 am

WOW! That looks great. You should totally be a decorator or personal shopper or something. Because then you get to go shopping with other people’s monies.

SSI November 11, 2010 at 8:30 am

LOVE IT!!! The wall color looks like the same color our basement/theater room/bar is! :) I love it all! Very awesome! Question…I see a “D” next to those Finland socks. Does this mean you’ve picked a name for Plankton–perhaps one starting with a D??

Jessica November 11, 2010 at 8:32 am

Beautiful room. It definitely reflects your personality. I’ll be voting for you for all the sites you listed. Plankton is one fortunate baby, gonna be rocking in that awesome room.

Erin @ Domestic Adventure November 11, 2010 at 8:33 am

I love it and I am now super sad that the nursery I am currently designing won’t be quite as amazing as yours. It will be close, of course, but just slightly less amazing. I love all of your ideas, and I am especially envious of that CB2 knitted ottoman thingy.

wendi November 11, 2010 at 8:44 am

This is gorgeous. I don’t even know whatelse to say – abs. fabulous.

Steph C. November 11, 2010 at 8:44 am

I kind of want that room as MY room. Who am I kidding, I totally want it. I’m so impressed.. by far best. nursery. ever.

Sarah RDH November 11, 2010 at 8:46 am

Planky’s room looks amazing!! And it is perfectly fine to be more your style, bc you’ll be the one up at all hours of the night, rocking that baby back to sleep! lol Honestly, I miss those first couple weeks of bringing my daughter home, I remember rocking her at 2am, and just looking around the room, bc I was so proud of it, it was just perfect, and here I was rocking this perfect baby, and my other little guy was fast asleep across the room….it was great. I rocked her much longer than I needed to, just to take it all in.

Becky Mochaface November 11, 2010 at 8:48 am

First of all, love Plank’s nursery. I would live in there if I could fit in the crib comfortably.

B) For the owl: “How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?” Although that’s pretty long and I”m pretty sure the owl didn’t say that. So maybe just put, “3″ since that’s the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop.,

Rachel November 11, 2010 at 8:50 am

If you want to be super cheesy, you could put Plankton’s birth day and weight and length info in the owl quote. Also.. you are KILLING those other preggos in the poll.

Alyssa November 11, 2010 at 8:57 am

Tad disappointed. I mean it looks fab – how could it not, you did it…
But at the mention of AQUA I thought our eyes were in for the 90′s trip of a lifetime possibly with some Dr Jones and Barbie Girl.
Add AQUA now! DON”T FAIL ME LADY!
x

Heidi November 11, 2010 at 8:59 am

Plankton’s room rocks. Seriously, best baby room EVER.

Alyssa November 11, 2010 at 9:00 am

The bump thing wont let me vote, it must be rigged – sue someone immediately!

Leah November 11, 2010 at 9:00 am

Wow, this is beautiful! And the nursery totally gets to be about you because before you know it, Plankton will be demanding a Cars-themed room or whatever the big movie is at the time.

Owl quote ideas:
Owl Always Love You
Nice hooters
I love whoo you are

Stacey November 11, 2010 at 9:10 am

It’s just beautiful!!!! I love the “woods” theme.
Where did you find the chair? And tree wall decal (or is that painted)?
I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE owls. My husband and I don’t even have a baby on the way and I already want to decorate a baby room because of you! Great work!

Laura@JourneyChic November 11, 2010 at 9:11 am

Found you through Domestic Adventure. Not only do I love your sarcasm first thing in the morning, but I totally dig this nursery! The chair is fantastic. My cat is a little less tabby, a little more white on the tummy, about 10lbs fatter, but equally as much of a poser. :)

jen November 11, 2010 at 9:14 am

love the Ollie & Lime alphabet print… but is one of those imagesa bird barfing up feathers?? is that the equivilant of a brid fur ball?
room looks amazing, coming from someone who’s been obsessed with/set on a birdie nursery i’m thoroughly impressed.

Kate November 11, 2010 at 9:15 am

this is amazing, and much fancier than my room/apartment. i love all the world traveler pieces! it will be the best when people come over and ask where you got stuff and you just breezily answer, “oh, ABROAD.” i think the owl should say “who who whooooo”. it’s my one trick to make babies laugh.

ok back to me- speaking of “copying”, i met with eventions and mentioned your name. the look on my j’s face when i said i knew you “from the internet” was worth 12 million dollars.

p.s. i voted for you like 15 times, but then i got nervous that an army of pregnant women, the same women who were probably the biggest bullies ever on the knot boards, would find out and come after me. after breakfast i’ll get brave and vote some more.

Molly November 11, 2010 at 9:26 am

I don’t know if I like the owls, or the rug better, the room came out FANTASTIC.

Miranda November 11, 2010 at 9:31 am

Holy sweet baby Jesus in his swaddling clothes. That nursery is amazing. And apparently fit for the Saviour of the world. And Plankton. Way better than a manger with smelly farm animals.

I love it!

And I voted for you at least 20 times because you rock my face. (Would love the same since I’m up for Best Working Mommy Blogger, even if the bump screwed up my blog name because someone’s dyslexic. “Not Super Just Mom.”)

Amy November 11, 2010 at 9:35 am

Speechless. Not enough words in the world to describe just how exquisite this room is. You’re going to add some Winnie the Pooh SOMEWHERE, though, right? (*gag*)

EBW November 11, 2010 at 9:43 am

what is that tiny trash can for on the changing table? i hear babies dont have small turds.

chinamommy November 11, 2010 at 9:53 am

WOW, I LOVE it even though it is NOT sparkly PINK!!
i think the owl should say “who’s your daddy?”

chinamommy November 11, 2010 at 9:56 am

oh yeah, LOVE that dresser!!!!! i thought craigs list was just for kinky hook ups? Guess not, I should check it out!

Winn November 11, 2010 at 10:00 am

Voted. That’s all.

Regina November 11, 2010 at 10:08 am

It is fabulous- love all of the owls! Planky is so lucky. Well done girl, you have my votes-

lilliebean November 11, 2010 at 10:12 am

My jaw just dropped.

You have to do my nursery for me. I will totally fly you out to wherever I live for it.

thants all. :)

lilliebean November 11, 2010 at 10:15 am

Also, I really want to live in your version of ‘the woods’.. so much prettier than where I grew up, that’s for sure!

Cindy November 11, 2010 at 10:17 am

FFFFFF!!! I do want to be your baby – this room is A-mazing.

The owl quotes mentioned by Leah and Chinamommy are the *best*: “Nice hooters” and “Who’s your daddy?” Hilarious.

I will totally vote for you. Duh. Especially since you had to do all this while hauling around that butt nut.

xo

Kate November 11, 2010 at 10:19 am

Sweet, fancy banana sandwich! Where did you get those curtains? I am having a panic attack at how much I am in love with them.
I was originally going to suggest having the Owl say “Whoooo Dat?” but then I read that lady’s suggestion of “Owl Always Love You” and got a little emotional at my desk. Although, I would modify that to say “Owl Love You Forever” because that way you aren’t required to bust out your Whitney Houston impression everytime you see it. Because that could get exhausting.

C November 11, 2010 at 10:20 am

Love the room, you made a somewhat small space look luxurious. Absolutely beautiful.

I think your owl should have sticky notes that you paste there depending on your moods/Plankton’s moods. For instance “coffee please!” if Plank didn’t sleep well. OR “Do you smell that?” when he’s had a particularly poop filled day.

Sherry @ Young House Love November 11, 2010 at 10:24 am

Amazing. Love everything from the dresser (thanks for the shout out!) to the amazing wall color and the fun blue chair. What a great space for a babe!

xoxo,
s (& j)

MamaB November 11, 2010 at 10:28 am

Already voted for you- check!
Nursery is awesome!!! love it! so yes- I want to be your baby- LOL!
I can’t think of anything inspirational for the owl- but how about getting a “hoot” in there!

Lacey Bean November 11, 2010 at 10:32 am

So fucking adorable. I want to live in that room.

Corinne November 11, 2010 at 10:34 am

WOW, that room looks absolutely AMAZING! Plankton is one very lucky baby. I’m sure he’ll love the room as much as you do!

I totally steal ideas off of younghouselove.com too.

Cathy November 11, 2010 at 10:34 am

I usually don’t do all that voting crap but I totally respect your talent so this time I will. The nursery is sublime. Planky will love it.

p.s. I totes saw the “D” by his little booties and will now start guessing on what name you chose.

Cathy November 11, 2010 at 10:36 am

Unless the “D” is for your last name…in that case I say “dammit, foiled again!”

Sarah vL November 11, 2010 at 10:44 am

It is (for the last name) – I asked the same question when I saw “Baby D” on a picture from the Baby Shower post. Le sigh.

Sarah vL November 11, 2010 at 10:37 am

I loooove this nursery!!! The wall color is PERFECT and everything else makes me die with envy. This is the BEST little boy/baby room I have ever ever ever seen. You are so freakin talented, Amanda.

Also, I have voted and registered. Go MODG!

Betty November 11, 2010 at 10:52 am

Love this! My fetus is so jealous of Plankton! Have you been working on this for the last 9-ish months?? We are moving apartments next week which means I only have one month to pull together a nursery for my Baby Girl B…any tips on what should be main stuff to focus on or what takes the longest to pull together? Also, is that chair a glider or rocking chair? (btw, I voted a few times for MODG on thebump…i think its safe to say it’s in the bag!)

Big Boops November 11, 2010 at 11:04 am

MODG, this is a fab room. And I totally think its a boy room. I really do love it. And YES I would love to be your baby if I got to live in here. So as everyone has commented, please give details on the chair and also on the crib bedding. And on the curtain fabric AND on everything basically. We are working on a “big girl” room and I needed this inspiration. I hope you kick all the other peggers biotch asses in your internet contest.

Jessica November 11, 2010 at 11:09 am

All the other babies on the block are gonna be totes jeal of Planky.

Gini November 11, 2010 at 11:10 am

I WANT that room! I love it! I wish I had decorator skillz. I don’t think it’s too girly or anything. And it’s for a baby. Like he’s going to come in there and give you a judgy side-eye? Not even. Well done!

Meli November 11, 2010 at 11:12 am

NO DOUBT you will win LOTS O – BEST BABY NURSERY EVAH stuff…you go with your bad self. Toot your own horn. Go ahead. And just bill me, thanks.

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts November 11, 2010 at 11:21 am

That room looks amazing.

Ashley, the Accidental Olympian November 11, 2010 at 11:21 am

If I find myself gestating, can I hire you to whip me up a metro sexual baby’s room?

designstiles November 11, 2010 at 11:54 am

You’re an Interior Designer too?!? If I didn’t really like you, I’d for sure hate you. Just voted for you on The Bump. Looks like you’re in the lead. If you’re like me and continuously refresh the page when you’re in a contest then you already know this.

kelly @Dare to be Domestic November 11, 2010 at 11:55 am

I totally wanna be your baby! Ok maybe not your baby because let’s be honest baby diapers are hard enough to clean and I know you and B and myself included don’t want you to have to change me on the top of that dresser that would be um.. inappropriate. That being said can I be your roommate and we’ll make a new room for P? I am obsessed with Owls and totes jealous of P’s new digs you guys did an amazing job and I love that it’s not all baby blue and elephants and baby rattles and typical stuff. AMAZING WORK GUYS!

Owl Quote: “INSERT BABY’S NAME?” (Instead of “WHO?” have it say “PLANKTON?”, but not that actually the baby’s name.)

Caroline November 11, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Holy shit Modg. Seriously. Holy shit! Plankers is getting more pings of jealous right now than any other unborn has likely ever experienced!

Adopt me?

Jaime November 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Holy crap that is the BEST nursery EVER!!! I was in love with your baby shower and now I am in love times a thousand with your nursery! I HATE “baby” shit so I love how you make things look cute and whimsical without being all winnie the pooh meets beatrix potter with a side of Disney…VOM!!! Heads up I will be stealing a bunch of your shit when my time comes but thats at least a year away cuz its kinda hard to make babies when your husband is in Afghanistan. lol. :)

PS: I have voted like 5 times already and will keep voting until it won’t let me vote anymore! Good Luck!! :)

Jenni November 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm

God I love it when ‘nurseries’ (which, that word=vom) look like actual people rooms and not like cotton candy. Because yeah, the room IS 80% about you. Functional for you, enjoyable for you. Babies don’t care about decor. Except Plankton might. I assume you’ll drill it into his head from a young age, as you should. Love it.

jules November 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Just voted for you on TheBump! Will get to the other this evening.

Now, how the hell do you have time to do all this? Can you post a “day in the life blog.” I mean, I get sucked into TV and FB and then have time for nothing. I know you love your dvr, so what am I doing wrong?!?! I think we would all enjoy a day in the life, (week?) time line of how you fit it all in.

So glad we have permission to copy things, because I am hard core copying that paint color as soon as we move and I paint things again. We just registered for our wedding and picking colors is such a commitment! However, that paint will go very will with my “platinum” colored bath towels OR my “fern” colored kitchen towels.

LOVE THE NURSERY!!!!

Zak November 11, 2010 at 12:54 pm

LOVES IT.

Clearly the owl needs to say “ZDub loves you” on it.

And the room needs a squirrel. Trust me, I’m a woods expert and shit.

You did good.

Heather@MamaSass November 11, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I am in awe, truly. Stunning!
Already voted for you at the Bump – and it appears you are ass.

Heather@MamaSass November 11, 2010 at 1:08 pm

OMG, I meant KICKING ass. I am pregnant too. That’s my excuse.

Cindy November 11, 2010 at 3:25 pm

“and it appears you are ass” HAHAHAHA I might just start using that as an insult! ;)

Ashleigh Moore November 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I LOVE the gray and aqua combination!!! I also love all of the knick-knacks you chose!
Actually, I love everything about it, you did and amazing job.
Alright, now I’m off to go vote for you:-)

Ashleigh Moore November 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I think the owl needs some chalkboard paint so you don’t have to commit to one quote.

Brittany November 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm

GORGEOUS. I am so hiring you when I need a nursery decorated. Seriously, I am bragging to my preggo patients right now about how awesome MODG is with her awesome wood nursery.

Also, you are so gonna win those polls cause we all love you and are voting a katrillion times.

Norma November 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm

can i pleassse be your baby?!

norma

Mandy S. November 11, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Someday, when I finally get out of apartment life, and get to decorate my daughter’s room all over again – I’m stealing some of your ideas. Just so you’re aware. Because this is BEAUTIFUL. I pretty much need to know where you got everything owl related, because my nursery theme is owls but in a girly girly way, and she can always use more decorative crap strewn about.
You are a goddess among nursery decorating pregnant ladies, and if you’re ever hiring yourself out for designing just let me know.

demi November 11, 2010 at 2:03 pm

hey girl, beautiful job-i registered and voted for both, I know you’ll win! but seriously..excellent job!

~KS November 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Holy shit… I want to be your baby. This room is amazing!! Plankton’s room is seriously cooler than any room I’ve ever stayed in anywhere in my whole life. Lucky little dude…

And since you’re so awesome, I will go register and vote for Plankton’s room. Yup. I’m cool like that.

And a wise quote for the owl to say, “I eat my young. Luckily, you’re not an owl.” Yeah… on second though, that’s probably not all that appropriate for a baby’s room. Never mind.

MandyMoore November 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm

You have some seriously amazing talented decorating skills. It’s awesome!

Veronica November 11, 2010 at 3:47 pm

OH. MY. GOD. I LOVE THIS ROOM SO MUCH THAT I CAN’T STOP TYPING IN CAPS. FOR REAL. I AM STUCK ON CAPS FOR LIFE NOW!

Lyssa November 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I never ever comment here, but visiting your site is the highlight of my day. I laugh so hard it hurts every time.
Snarcasm, aqua, and design? Way to combine all of my favorite things!

Star November 11, 2010 at 4:57 pm

For a quote how bout “Just because you can doesn’t me you should”
or
“I like big butts and i can not lie”

Stephanie November 11, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I think the owl should be saying “Hooter Love” or something else that references boobs.

Elissa Kojzarek November 11, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Only because you can never have too much owl crap in a room, my friend paints as well on etsy….here is my favorite: http://www.etsy.com/listing/57189372/big-owl-original-art. Just throwing it out there!

Anna Cotton November 11, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I am 14 weeks pregnant and just discovered your blog. I have spent most of my day off avoiding work and reading through it. You have made both me and my hubbie laugh hard. The nursery is amazing….love the color, love the crib, love the chest. Thank you for making me feel like I am not the only pregnany lady with a sense of humor.

Bailey@peppermintbliss.com November 11, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Ohhhh wow. I love it. I will definitely be your baby.

Amy of "famed" pregnant chicken November 11, 2010 at 7:06 pm

You’re a total dick!
Here I was checking out the competition for pregnancy blogs on the Bump and I find out that you are incredibly talented AND funny. Because of this I must hate you but I still registered and voted for you on Ohdeedoh because you deserve to win.
Fat chance on the Bump but I don’t think you need my help — as one of your readers said, “it appears you are ass”. ; )
If you win I’m sending you a boobie beanie http://bit.ly/a1p6zt

Alishan November 11, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Amanda. gurl. it’s amazing. so gorgeous! With that said, I’m gonna need to know where the rug and the bedding came from. My thumper (due in feb) needs that shit. NEEDS.

jaime @ la vie...j'aime November 11, 2010 at 10:31 pm

i am obsessed w/ owls these days…adore! lucky plankton ;)

Meredith November 11, 2010 at 11:25 pm

The owl will say, “you’re my tweetie”

kiera November 11, 2010 at 11:52 pm

wise owl should say something like, ‘be quiet.’ or ‘sleep.’ or something else obvious to us wise adults but not so obvious to babies. like at all.

*LLUVIA* November 12, 2010 at 1:59 am

Whoaaaahhh…!! This is soooooo cool!! Love love love the chair!! Where did u get it???
Totally going in there and vote for you!!!!!

B November 12, 2010 at 9:27 am

Wow. I mean, WOW. It’s amazing. Seriously, I am never putting myself through pregnancy and childbirth again, but if I happen to accidentally get knocked up, I’m totally hiring you for their room decor. WOW.

ashley November 12, 2010 at 11:11 am

I couldnt even tell that chair was a recliner!! I think it is my favorite piece of the room!! :)
I ordered cherry blossom tree decals for our girl’s room from etsy- How hard are the decals to put on? I am not artsy like you.
And, I guess I dont expect you to answer my question…
But I really do want to know that.
You will win, dont worry.

Kelsey November 12, 2010 at 11:22 am

O-M-G… I am speechless. AMAZING.

Kiki November 12, 2010 at 3:09 pm

So super cute. Love the colors. For the owl quote, what about ” Whoo love you babe?” Plank is one lucky boy!!

GiGi November 12, 2010 at 9:01 pm

This is absolutely STUNNING. Please come and do my whole apartment. I will babysit Planky so you can work. I have a 4 year old, so I am familar with those baby things.

Nicole November 13, 2010 at 11:01 am

Hi, I was just wondering if the branches/birds are wall decals (if so, from where?), stencils, hand painted or something else.
They are awesome.

Rachel {at} It's a Hero November 16, 2010 at 10:22 am

Oh. My. Gosh. This is the most awesome room ever. And yes, I would like to be your baby.

katelin November 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm

i seriously adore this room, so so cute. and love all the little touches and just yes, so sweet.

SurferWife November 23, 2010 at 11:42 am

You asked a question that I feel compelled to answer.

Do I want to be your baby?

Honestly? Yes. Ok, I do. I feel as if you will put sparkle lipgloss on your baby. You will put him in little baby heels and throw him on a toilet. You will spend far too much on babes clothes and probably fart cotton candy clouds for baby to lay his head on. And if I know you, Kimmy K will be his godmother.

I would like that. Yes.

Oh. And the room is gorg.

bekah November 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Adorable room, followed your link from young house love. Totally turned off by all the swear words here though.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) November 25, 2010 at 2:36 pm

This room is gorgeous! I would totally trade places with your baby any time and sleep there, crib or no crib. I love your humor and how you just say it like it is, swear words or not. Love it!

Shanti December 1, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Superfantastic. I can’t believe you didn’t win. Unpossible.
Would love it if you would share your sources for the birch trees and the kickass owl art on the left side of the window.
Sparkle gems if I’ve ever seen them.

April December 2, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Awesome nursery!! Where is the bedding from?

Erica December 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Love it! I will vote for you after you post your sources (if you’re too busy to post them, i’m too busy to vote!).

denh December 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Voted for you, hope you win. I LOVE IT
do you mind spilling the beans on the paint colour and where you found that lovely chair?

Lacey from Weekends At Home January 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I love this nursery so much. It is seriously the best. thing. ever. I have been combing the interwebs looking for nursery inspiration and your nursery far and away blows the rest. Love. Love. Love.
Also, it makes me want to see the rest of your house, because me thinks it is probably equally awesome. So, yeah, get on that with all the time you have these days. Ha.
Did you catch that I love the nursery?

seriouslyahomemaker February 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm

1st look at this room caused an audible. As in an audible “oooooooooh!” That, like never happens. This room is rocking my world. Found via nester’s tweeted tumblr.

Carie February 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I love the room and the aqua chair! I was wondering where you found the little ottoman? It’s so cute! I can just see a baby having it’s picture made on it! :) Great job!

dohickey February 13, 2011 at 10:32 pm

“A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren’t we like that wise old bird?” (though maybe not for this limited space?) or “May the wind take your troubles away” a lyric from Son Volt..

Faux bois rug…amazing! Frontgate?

Samantha February 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm

A friend of mine recently sent me a link for your blog. She know we are having our second baby, this time a boy. I have found NOTHING to inspire me on the kid’s room, UNTIL I saw your blog. LOVE IT. GOTTA have it. Thanks for sharing all the pics and the comical descriptions. My questions to you, where did you find the rad bedding and changing pad cover? Love them. Thanks!

stella February 22, 2011 at 9:21 pm

and I came by way of samantha up there…

and holy shit – i love you. that is all.

Anna J. March 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

Did I miss it? What is the paint color?? I want to copy!

Lety H. April 25, 2011 at 12:17 am

I absolutely LOVE the room!!! It is amazing!!! I also enjoy your sense of humor. I don’t have any kids and I’m not pregnant but I’m surrounded by pregnant friends/family. Where did you get all that stuff? I especially love the ottoman and that beautiful turqouise chair. I’m also on a huge owl kick right now so if you can tell me where to find that beautiful art I would appreciate it. Thanks for sharing your brilliance with us!

Brandi Peters July 26, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I am in LOVE with this nursery! Are the trees, owls, birds, etc. decals? Or stenciled? Or are you just that good that they are hand painted? Thanks for your help!

Brandi Peters July 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Oh and where did you get the crib bedding? Thank you!

Josselyn September 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm

This looks fantastic. Just curious, is the glider comfortable? I LOVE how it looks but was curious if that’s where its greatness ended. Thanks

kelly January 4, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I love it. I think the owl should say, “pop a squat”. or “whooo poooped”.

Mom-to-be Jen January 11, 2012 at 6:48 am

This is the post that brought me to MODG!! And that was even before we knew we were having a boy-baby of our own. Slowly working my way through the blog archive from the very beginning. Love love love your posts, your followers comments, and the whole feel of the blog. Thank you for making mommyhood look so good!! Awesome job on the nursery – anything you would have done differently, looking back since baby G’s arrival? Cheers!

Corly1 January 22, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Love this nursery.
We are expecting our first baby in June and just found out it is a boy. So naturally I am now on the hunt for a “not so boy-ish” boy’s nursery theme. I came across your nursery and LOVE it, I actually just bought a similar dresser off kijiji (similar to craigslist) for $50.
Where did you find your crib?

Ashley Smith January 27, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I love the trees on the wall! I’d like to do something similar for my little girl, and I was wondering if you painted those or if they are decals. Thank you!

P.s.- Your room looks awesome.

Franchesca February 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hi! I love this! It has inspired our current nursery that I start on this weekend. I know that you made everything forever ago… but I did have a few questions. If you can answer any of them, it would be awesome!
-Where did you get the tree decals? I have looked in numerous places and haven’t found ones like them and would really like to snatch them up!
-Where did you get your light cover thing in the center of the room? (the ceiling one)
-Do you know the paint brand/color name of the wall color?
-Where did you get your glider at? I love love love it!
-Where did you get the rug and curtains?

That’s it, thanks, hopefully I will hear something back from you! :)

Michelle Eberhardt March 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Where did you find the set of owl decals with the quote bubble? And what did you end up writing in it?

Wendy August 22, 2012 at 11:10 am

I LOVE the birch tree wall clings! Where did you get them?

remove hp lcd monitor stand October 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I’ve learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you set to create any such excellent informative web site.

capsiplex.blinkweb.com December 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Natural way to lose weight is to use products that are made of organic plants,herbs,berries
and fruits, which we all know are best for
our health. The pills have come as a blessing for the millions of the people for
regaining look and the life full of energy. Reduces energy intake and enhances energy expenditure, with caffeine synergistically.

Cathy December 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Love it! Can you tell me what paint color you used? Thanks

awesomeclothingandapparel.co.uk February 1, 2013 at 4:34 am

Hi, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am also glad to share
my experience here with friends.

thedietsolutionreview.info February 1, 2013 at 5:23 am

We stumbled over here different web page and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to looking over your web page again.

{ 5 trackbacks }