Internet: Meet everyone who hates me. They are delightful gems.

So everyone hates me. Well everyone who has never read my blog before. And guess what? Gmail even hates me.

I got a lot of “you attacked someone you don’t even know” and then I was called  a sicko by some stranger in Alabama. Neat.

As much as you new gals think you have me pegged for the bully, or the mean girl. You probably don’t know me either because I go out of my way with this blog to never purposely hurt anyone or be the dreaded “mean” to anyone. Yes I’m sarcastic, yes I’m blunt but that’s it. I promise. I can honestly tell you that yesterday’s post was funny to me. Funny and that’s all. I had no idea the word “mean” could offend so many people. Because I’m pretty sure that’s the worst I said. Mean.

And I really did think this girl would get my email and be all, she’s a weird loser. Let’s invite her and it will be funny. And I would have totally loved ever second of it. Do you think I would have showed up at her house alone only to mock her? That is scary and clearly you girls mean business.

So yesterday, I hit publish and had no idea the stream of controversy it would cause. If someone posted something similar about me, I would run over and say “got me sister, you’re a bitch and super funny”. But I probably wouldn’t say the things you said to me below.

Kettle: Pot you are black. Not pink and green.

I find it pretty rich that you are calling HER out as mean in this post. I’m no Lily lover, and I don’t know what that blogger is like in person, but guess what, neither do you. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps she didn’t get that email? Or that she knew she was being made fun of? And even if she was outright ignoring you, you think this is a reasonable response? We all need to stop validating bullying behavior. *Bully? really? If we’re talking about not knowing people, you don’t know me enough to make this comment. If you did you would know I am scared of anyone bigger than me and I’m 5’2”. So that’s like everyone. Nice to meet you.

So you’re a bitch. And you internet bully. *Wow bold start And you hate junior league, sororities, and all things deemed “high society”. *I’m going to say this 8 times. I was IN A SORORITY. I never said I hate them. In fact I love that they promote constant drunken behavior. Can’t we all just hug it out? *I’m not so touchy. I hate Lilly, but I am in the junior league and was in a sorority. I cuss and wear black and despise lobsters on pants. But was this post really necessary? Do you even know the person you’re hating on? Because I know if I received an email like yours, I wouldn’t have responded either. It’s clear you’re trying to make fun of her. *I make fun of everyone. But it’s not malicious. But if you read my blog you would know that. I have great respect for those who can dish it AND take it. Give it right back to me. Tell me I look bad with blue hair. I will love you for ever. Why would she respond? And an entire post? Really? *Yep, because it’s that funny Not to mention, you’ve just made this preppy blogger even more popular. You’re fueling readership to her blog. And I can tell you, as someone that knows her in person, she absolutely doesn’t care. *This is ok with me because I do not wish this girl harm. You get that right? It’s sad really…*I have the sads for me too because everyone is very mean to me today.

I COMPLETELY understand why this blogger didn’t email you back. It seems that you were trying to do a good job of making fun of her, while trying to learn more about her. As if she is some new species?? *THAT would have been funny It came off a little rude. This whole post does. It’s really SAD that you are stereotyping people. *Again with the sad. Everyone is sad for me. Send me presents please because you are so sad for me. I get that it’s your blog and I don’t have to read it and yadda yadda but you are being a BULLY! *AND A CAPS LOCK BULLY AT THAT And making fun of people you DON’T KNOW. SO get a life *Wait, just checking do you know me either? But I should get a life? and if the worst ammo is that some of your minions are going to blog bash me? Go for it. You’re still going to be saying hurtful things and no better off.

I’m not preppy at all. Im anti-preppy but that doesn’t mean I exclude preppy people from my life just because they wear Lilly *Wait you did see that I went to my friend’s Lilly themed party right? And she is my real life friend? Also, I would never consider being cruel and demeaning *Cruel now? Like that sarah maclaughlan commercial where people are mean to animals? I hope I am not that. I love kitties. to someone I’ve never met or spoken to. I dont read this blog but maybe Kappa Prep has more going on in her life than sitting around responding to emails and comments in her post. *You got me there, I definitely don’t have better things to do. Are you even sure she got the email? Sounds like you’re being pretty judgemental. You’re just as bad as the mean girls you pretend she is. *But way funnier

So you find this blogger who has nothing in common with you (and a huge readership) and decide to embark on a snarky little mission to join forces and therefore gain popularity for your own blog *bahahahaa I’m guessing we would attract “different” readers And she sees right through you, doesn’t respond (or hell, maybe she gets so many e-mails that she just hadn’t gotten to you yet… perhaps the letterpress was in the mail so to speak). So you? You show your complete and utter lack of class *Yes, I love the class comment, that’s what the real housewives say when they really wanna get you. Like god forbid you aren’t upper class. and attack her, not just making fodder of the situation but rather telling your groupies to write and make fun of her. That? Isn’t cool. This type of 7th grade let me get my Mean Girls to go after you because we’re different and I can’t manage to embrace that bullshit needs to end.  I was in a sorority *ME TOO, joined JL, love my oversized pearls, and (gasp!) own no Lily. In fact, I find bright pink & green *good for you sister! not to be all that flattering. There are a lot of blogs I come across that I don’t like. And you know what? I’m sure people don’t like mine. But there’s this amazing thing that exists and it’s called maturity *And the little x button that closes the window on your screen. We use it to move on and find something we do like rather than be cruel to someone else. cruel. cruel cruel. This makes me sad.

Aside from all things pink & green, “preppy” and Lilly related, why do you feel the need to attack (!!)  someone that you don’t know? I personally know this blogger and what you say is completely untrue. And just to make it very clear I don’t own a single piece of Lilly so the fact that we are friends has nothing to do with pink and green or Lilly. It’s pretty clear from your snarky email that you did not genuinely want to come to the Lilly Warehouse sale so who could blame her for not responding to you email (Yes I really did! I thought it would be funny and great on both ends).

Just because someone happens to be preppy or like Lilly doesn’t mean that they deserve to have hatred spewed towards them (I agree, that’s why I talked about my good friend Lilly birthday party girl). The same could be said about your creepy obsession with Suri Cruise (BAHAHAH points for a Suri mention!!), does warrant an attack because you are some sicko???? Everyone has different things that they are interested in……
Now I’m a sicko? Wow. These girls really are mean aren’t they?

In conclusion, I know I can be a lot to handle. But I’m nothing compared to all of you. Looks like it.has.been.brought. and you showed me. I have nothing against anyone who I know nothing about. But I know I don’t like Lilly Pullitzer. I don’t like judgey girls and I don’t like pearls. But that should be ok right? You won’t stab me with a polka dot and plaid dagger?   So re-lax girls. I’m sarcastic, and blunt but I mean no harm.

I bought this on my lunch break to make it up to all of you. Friends?

Jcrew, it’s the best I could do. And now we will

NEVER DISCUSS PREPPY GIRLS ON MODG AGAIN. JUST TOILETS

**PS. This is not an apology. This is more of a confused side eye face followed by a realization nod of the head like, yeah you “ladies” proved my point**

SPARKLES FOR ALL.

POSTED IN: Drunk Stuff,preppy girls hate me,You think you know but you have no idea

Rhi February 16, 2010 at 9:06 pm

the first blog made me laugh. the second entry made me laugh harder.

i love you and your toilet talk. and i am in jr league.

pink and green dont match that is all

mrs. darling February 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm

oh, wow. watching this unfold today was like watching a train wreck! i read your post and died laughing because it was sarcastic and FUNNY. i didn't at all take it as you being mean or attacking anyone. and then the comments started and all of a sudden it became something else and it was a train wreck.

and i felt bad for you because i sort of understand. i'm INCREDIBLY sarcastic and i am all the time saying things i think are HILARIOUS and 95% of the time end up offending everyone and their mom. happens ALL the time.

but the best part? the nasty girls who attacked you for being “mean” and were a million times nastier than you ever could be. nice.

sarah February 16, 2010 at 9:10 pm

PINK AND GREEN AND BLACK SPARKLES FOR EVERYONE

Renee February 16, 2010 at 9:13 pm

“THAT? Is not ok” may be my favorite voice inflection via keyboard EVER.
No worries, MODG…we get your sense of humor and I for one would have found a co-blog between the two of you highly entertaining and educational. We all lose on that one. Damn.

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic February 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Where is the image of Suri Cruise rolling her eyes about Lilly when you need it. Plaid daggers are a danger but don't forget about the Monogram branding – that's the scurriest!

Well stated on all accounts MODG!

Question Bully? What are we in 4th grade?

Keep up the great work girl!

Erin February 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

well i think you are one funny lady. I don't know what “lilly pullitzer” is but just looking at the pictures I'm not missing anything. People really need to lighten up. keep on keepin” on…

Katy February 16, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Dear MODG,

I had a roommate last year who I am pretty sure is Lilly Pultizer…Im talking pink carpet put in my living room, preppy pillow shit, lily clothes galore, bread makers, homemade pasta that took up my whole f-ing kitchen, and last but not least the dorkiest/ugliest boyfriend on earth who surprise surprise had had 10 million dollars worth of horses and was in the prestigious country club that 10 people had to be invited to blah blah blah….i loathed her and her Lily Pulitzer glory and I love you for writing this email.

I was also in a sorority and I also drank a lot.

In conclusion, I love you.

LC February 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

You should shit in a pink and green envelope and send it to the haters. Poop hearts!

You fucking rock, MODG.

Juliana February 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

OK, I read your post & I had to Google “Lilly Pulitzer”. I found it hysterically funny where I was trying not to have my hot tea spew from my nose!

The only thing that upset me was reading this post & it seems you are APOLOGIZING. EFF that! The only people who were offended seem to be the ones trying to justify either JL, Lilly or prep pink & green. WE know you. WE love you. Don't ever apologize for people mis-reading what you have clearly wrote.

stephylou February 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

ok so not only have your posts made my day but i think they might have even made my week.
one a side note.. before i read your posts i was shopping on ruelala and saw a lilly Pulitzer sale, i clicked on it and immediently thought what the fuck is this shit….EXIT

Cathy February 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Best. Day. Ever! This shit is crazy town. I love it. I had to go back and read your previous post a couple times to figure out why all the haters thought you were being a bully. I didn't think you were being a bully, just funny and sarcastic and awesome. OBVI they are not regular readers or they would have understood the HUMOR. So, in conclusion, preppy people are not funny? Yes that is a question.

Katie February 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm

First of all I want to say that I love your blog and I think you're hysterical.

Second, can these girls be more dramatic with the CRUEL? Like did you wear a Dalmatian? Or were you just a bit sarcastic? They need to get a sense of humor and perhaps take a look in their pink and green, pearl studded mirrors. Each of those comments were way meaner than anything you said.

AB Photography February 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Dear Modg-
super sad. I read the first blog, and I'm from bfe, so i had to google lilly. And my first thought was, WOW! It looks like a rainbow threw up on all these people.
so whatever, it was funny. you are funny. people should know that when they step into the world of modg they need to check their serious-ness at the door. This is a place for fun and games, and no one should get hurt. if they do, they need to laugh more. at you. because you are hilarious. the end.
I'm new…and sending sparkles still feels funny..but…..***sparkles!**** wtf. Its better when you do it.
CHEER UP BUTTERCUP!

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman February 16, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I love sarcasm … you ARE funny, for a sicko (TOTALLY kidding … see, … sarcasm). ( : The e-smiley makes it all better, a rule to live by. Sorry you had a rough day. Sparkles and hugs and such.

Tiffany February 16, 2010 at 9:57 pm

minion? really? ehh–i've been called worse.

miss bee February 16, 2010 at 10:02 pm

well, shit. i like pearls and your blue hair. can that combination even be allowed?

Emily February 16, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I cannot believe that people have taken this sooo far! I work at Lilly KOP, I wear lilly, I'm in a sorority, and my blog is called “The Girl in the Pearl Earrings” and I found this post FUNNYYY you were not mean at all! I would ignore all this hate mail, this is one Lilly Lover that cannot get enough of your blog!! Keep it up!

tincupchalice February 16, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Holy Shit. Seriously. People need to get a life. I, personally, LOVE the fact that you made fun of that shit. I HATE preppy pretentious bitches. There, I said it. All 5 of my readers will now abandon me or write me hate mail. F that.

I think you should now have a weekly post whereby you find those bitchy blogs with the privileged girls who have no idea what real life is and feature them so we can all make fun of them (maybe not post stuff on their blogs but at least laugh to ourselves at their ridiculousness). I'm not kidding.

You make me laugh daily and that's what this world needs more of … not the bitches who left you hate mail.

Shaina February 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

This is all totally awesome…dontcha love how somewhere between this morning and this evening, your blog ceased being an outlet where you could talk about your feelings…and instead morphed into a public controversy? Gotta love those “other” popular bloggers who seem to make everything a personal affront on their character! And I mean THEM, not YOU, whose blog I adore and find pee-in-my-pants funny. And for the record? Lilly makes me puke-sy. And THAT? Is not okay. :)

Jenny DB February 16, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Bahaha I'm with you on all accounts on LP. Saw your post yesterday and laughed cuz it brought me back to naive seattle girl going to school at Duke and was err, overwhelmed with plaid and pirls and pink lobster shirts on boys. These people are in a different universe. But whatever, I will never wear pink or plaid (except maybe grungy plaid) or crabs on my clothes, but to each their own. And where would the world be without *sarcasm* ?? LOST, LOST DAMN IT. Rock on MODG

But call me Carrie. February 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Keep up the wonderful work…who doesn't love a juicy blog controversy?!?! Everything you've EVER WRITTEN has been entertaining and awesome. Really, who could ask for more?!
Now let's all just chill out and watch 16 and Pregnant or 27 Kids and Counting. Or Bad Girls Club.

Hearts Galore!!!

♥ jmo February 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Duuude. I wish you'd alternated pink and green for your responses.

AJ February 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Wow… now I am sorry I waded into the fluff. It really wasn't you. it was them.

for the record: I wear lots of black, I love pearls… I don't know what Lily is… really. I am sorry I forgot that you were in a sorority… but um… wait… I think I know what this is!

It IS high school all over again. Some peeps (not you… cause you are sparkly in your own way) have reoccurring trauma from HS… so maybe that what all this defensiveness is all about.

PS… after reading your scary blog about the weird dreams, I am convinced that you are pregnant. Take a test. I used to have crazy dreams when I was prego!

Tracie February 16, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I think you should have a Lilly Pulitzer giveaway ASAP.

BakerGirl February 16, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Holy high school!

Just reading the last post and then this one sent me right back to the cattiness and absurdity of high school!

Has anyone heard of having an original opinion and a little bit of humor?

Keep rocking the blue hair and forget about Lilly and her clones…

♥Aubrey February 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Well ok then :)-
Where the hell do i even begin to describe this email of sorts that was sent to you. It's beyond confusing and her behavior is speradic!!! Reiterating things over & over again. I think someone needs to retake English 101.

Molly February 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm

yikes.

those girls just don't get you, so they're missing out.

lame-o's.

Kelly February 16, 2010 at 10:23 pm

This really made me laugh!! I am a new blogger and I look forward to reading/stalking your blog daily!! The sarcasm is prob. what I like best!

Made A Huge Mistake February 16, 2010 at 10:25 pm

People need to lighten up. I thought your last entry was funny! Keep up the great work!

Connie K February 16, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Ugh to these girls !! You so rawk and i really love your humor :) LOL~nuf said

Casey February 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm

thanks for making my tuesday super awesome. this was as good as any episode of “i love new york”
i kept checking back every 1/2 hour to see what bitch was pullin out your weave w/ her lee press on's.
keep it up and don't let anyone put you down. i wish i had known you better in h.s. cause you are my new personal hero….next to John Lennon and Ghandi

Chelle February 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm

I think the haters are just really constipated.

Hence THEIR hatred to you. They are so uptight I am guessing they can't poop.

Love you and your blog!

And I love all colors. Pink. Green. Black. Brown. Like a rainbow of variety.

Rach February 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Aw, new girls. They're so cute at this stage.

For the record: I wore black to work EVERY DAY last week. With pearl stud earrings. And I quit the Junior League because they were a bunch of pretentious, catty bitches, and that's only fun if I agree with you.

And two days late: I am TOTES jealous of your Valentine's dinner.

Amanda February 16, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I had no idea what this Lily bullshit even WAS before your blog, so consider me enlightened, not pissed off or sad for you. In fact, anyone who couldn't see that you were joking is going to have a long, hard life because guess what? Life ain't the junior league!

One last thing:

I promise this will make you feel better

Just Add Walter February 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm

YOU are hilarious and I loved the original post…

and that JCrew picture … hahahahahaha… you are back in the good again I think!!

Ice Queen February 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm

You mean bully…I don't want you at my sweet 16

Karls February 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Woah! Some people really need to get a grip… and a sense of humour! You on the other hand… have both those down pact!

The Batcave February 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm

We. Love. This. Times infinite.

jules February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Amanda, You are becoming a star! Look at all the controversy you provoked! Loves it! I thought both posts were great and clearly the ladies calling you a bully are jealous of your blogging success. I am thinking twice on my whole hatred for Vera Bradley post however. Keep up the good work girl! Blue hair represent!!!!!!!!!

jules February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm

That one girl February 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Wait, did I miss this post? Mean? I don't know I kind of like mean, especially if it's funny or someone deserves it. I'm kind of a fan of mean. I've been TRYING to get hate mail cause I think it's so funny so I need to take some tips from you girl! I want some hate!

erin February 16, 2010 at 10:56 pm

who cares about those crazies – clearly you have a following of your own who love you (and suri) to pieces! i get so annoyed when people don't have a sense of humor… like many here before me have said, those chicks need to LIGHTEN UP!
i think your post should be filed under: “the post that almost got me kicked off blogger”… hahaha! way to stir things up, woman!

xo

fumblingtowardsnormalcy February 16, 2010 at 10:57 pm

My God, people need to lighten the F up and get a sense of humor. I don't think you are mean. I think you are funny. The world is nicer place when we don't take ourselves (or anyone else) so seriously. I also like to wear all black and I never shop at LP. That store is waaaay to perky for me.

Amanda February 16, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Wow, controversy! ;) I'm going to depart from the pack, and admit that I didn't really think that post was very funny – but only because I couldn't figure out the dynamic between you and that other blogger. I couldn't really tell if it was a “haha” kind of joke idea, or if it was a “I'm not really a fan of her” let's see what happens kind of thing. But even if I didn't get the humor, it was a far cry from cyberbullying.
Btw – your commentary on your comments? PRICELESS :)

amy kelinda February 16, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Oh man oh man, what have we got here? I totally get your sarcasm, Amanda. And your silliness. The newbies? Not so much. Which is a pity, really, because I think everyone needs to be able to dish it and take it, as you said. How can people take themselves so seriously?!

Beckles February 16, 2010 at 10:59 pm

for people who don't want you to “judge” their friend they're really judgmental.

that lilly store confuses me…this is not boca, my friends. it makes me said that i always have to walk past it to get to forever21 and sushi :/

Natalie February 16, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Girls & their drama. Good Lord! They need to just relax & chill out.

Speaking as a total smart-ass that is usually too blunt for most people, I thought your first post was hilarious. And the 2nd post was even funnier.

This is a blog. It is your opinion & thoughts. If someone doesn't like it, they just don't have to read it. Freedom of speech & all that. You weren't being mean or vicious.

I think the ones who got their pink & green argyle panties in a bunch just let their insecurities show a little too much.

LMJ February 16, 2010 at 11:01 pm

You are a blunt, funny, and CRUUAAYYYZYYY!!! I love reading your shit–not crazy about the Suri stuff, but the fact that you have a weird thing for a famous kid makes me want to read the crazy shit you come up with. Makes me laugh.

We don't always have to agree on the same shit, as long as it's funny and entertaining. That's all. I don't want to waste my time on shit that doesn't make me smile, laugh, gag, puke, or piss my panties.

I was in a sorority, but got kicked out. LOL! XD

Long story–maybe confession Friday material; too embarrassed to share for the moment.

Mary-Jane February 16, 2010 at 11:10 pm

We dont have preppy stuff in Australia. We have bogans. I guess they would be the opposite of preppy. Maybe we just don't know how to match our colours down under. I have going out thongs though. In Australia you wear them on your feet… and they are shoes.. not panties. Is the bitch girl from legally blonde preppy? She sucked.

michelle February 16, 2010 at 11:12 pm

baaa ha ha! well, i guess you have been told. you are never getting invited to anything remotely LP ever. i bet The Uni won't even let you *think* about putting pink and green pastel together for the rest of your life. god help you if you ever have a boy and girl twin- no pink and green in their room! yikes!

seriously, that was insane. i guess wearing oversized pearls can cause high blood pressure and tendency to overreact to minor interweb joking. note to self.

Amber February 16, 2010 at 11:13 pm

you were so not being mean! Obviously they don't get your humor but thats ok because we all do! :)

Kiera February 16, 2010 at 11:14 pm

ill pick up her flack and ill meet you at the damn warehouse sale with my pearls on. *listening to MJ's 'black and white' in the background*

and AND youre more than welcome to post my website bc really, black and green and pink dont matter. its all a blog popularity contest. lilly made a bad decision, as did your blog haters. she coulve gotten all o you 3,886 followers. shame shame shame.

i still think you should put her link up. :)

Amie February 16, 2010 at 11:17 pm

This all really has been informative. I was clueless about the world of all things pink and green.

Glamorous Newlywed February 16, 2010 at 11:21 pm

You know what I think :) Totally standing behind what I said earlier, on the other post.

Candice February 16, 2010 at 11:42 pm

This proves that some people will get their panties stuck so far up their asses that they need to have them surgically removed over the dumbest shit.

Amen.

Jenn February 16, 2010 at 11:45 pm

um sorry posted this from the wrong account earlier! :)

oh my gosh – the preppy firing squad needs to pipe down and go back to polishing their tassled loafers. it's not exactly breaking news that lilly pulitzer clothing is tacky and horrible. in what alternate universe is it cool to walk around with sea creatures on your blindingly bright capri pants?

i especially love the person claiming that you're trying to use her blog popularity to boost yours. um???? yeah. not so much.

whatever. i'm so sad for you. ;)

sending hearts and sparkles and all of that fun stuff your way!

Cassie February 16, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Next time you can wrap up your entire response with two words…your mom.

Existential Waitress February 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm

I never knew anything about Lily Pulitzer before – now that I've seen it though I kinda wanna hurl. And all of the anger these girls have over nothing is hilarious and telling – it may be even better than if you and preppy girl had actually teamed up.

Essie the Accidental Mommy February 17, 2010 at 12:12 am

Oh my, I thought that Lily stuff was just for children.

Bren February 17, 2010 at 12:42 am

i don't really know what to say but this whole thing is hilarious. i started laughing out loud at your first post because i knew who you were talking about right away…kinda ridiculous the reaction you got but hey i guess you can't mess with lilly…haha.

wakeupkourtneyrollins February 17, 2010 at 12:44 am

Hey, girl! I think you are hilarious. All them mean bitches can suck it. *ghetto queen* (I'm super white.) Anyway, I just discovered your blog not too long ago, and I just wanted to tell you that you are fabulous and that you have a right to your own opinions (but of course, you know that already.) and no, pink and green do not generally match. Bleh. My comments will get awesomer, I promise.

Much love from a random stranger,
Kourtney

my name is lauren. February 17, 2010 at 12:46 am

dude. people are re-freaking-diculous. end of story. that post wasn't mean. people are just stupid.

and the girl who said “let's hug it out.” ummmm…. the answer is: NO.

keep on being your sarcastic awesome self!

xo
{Lauren}

thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com

.jimaie.marie. February 17, 2010 at 12:50 am

some people obviously need to pull the pink & green plaid sticks outta their butts kthx.

meg_a_million2 February 17, 2010 at 1:14 am

Wow, MODG. I read your post this morning, and tried to comment, but I effed it up and I was at work, so I was trying not to get caught blog-commenting, blah blah blah. The tone of my comment this morning was, “that preppy beotch is frightening and may or may not be a cyborg robot sent here to kill us all with scary, quasi-pukey tablecloth garbage clothing.”

The tone of this comment is, “DON'T APOLOGIZE.” While I appreciate the attempt at peacekeeping, and I totally get that you are not trying to make a blog enemy, I also don't think that you should let a bunch of internet hags insult you. You did NOTHING wrong. I personally read your blog every day (um, if there's no new post yet, I sometimes read the last one again…yeah…) and dare I say it, you are my favorite (I know, gasp, right?!) that I have found so far, so please don't change and please don't think any more about what Preppy Krappa (you see what I did there?) and her “minions” have to say about your hilarity. mmmk?

Sparkle hearts and puppy charms!!

stacy's mama February 17, 2010 at 1:17 am

Minions, bahahaha! I love kitties, hahaha! Suri cruise obsession, HAHAHAHHAHHA!

I seriously might laugh myself to death.

Your blog is fah king awesome, don't ever change.

Pink and green hearts (blahahahahaha!!!!

Janina
Aka (stacy's mom)

Something Happened Somewhere Turning February 17, 2010 at 1:56 am

Downeast, Lilly Pulitzer, K-mart, what difference does it make? Can't we all just get along?
Wait a minute, K-mart's not knock off is it? All-a Dollar. That's what I meant.
I'm going to hell aren't I?

Sarah Lynn February 17, 2010 at 2:10 am

Wow, some girls need to stop getting their pink and green and plaid panties in a twist over nothing. I think you're freakin' hilarious. I can't believe some people made such a big flippin deal out of that. I wouldn't apologize. You didn't say one thing offensive. I'm glad you posted their comments, so we can have a good laugh at their immaturity. I bet most who wrote those comments were under the age of 21. It reeks of petty pretentiousness.

♥Amber Filkins♥ February 17, 2010 at 2:14 am

Yowzers!! I missed out the last couple days!! I'm all caught up now.

Um, I actually had to google it b/c I had NOOOOO idea what the heck Lilly Pullitzer was. I'm preppy. I'm from Cali. I'm a valley girl. I went to college. But had no time for sorrorities. I totally even spelled it wrong.

But I think all those ladies are being way too sensitive. If I were the preppy blogger, I'd find it kinda flattering, in that “Modg is so weird, she's trying to flatter me so she wrote an entire post about me” typa way. You can write an entire post about me. Just don't be CAPS LOCK MEAN, or Cruel or anything like that. Mmmk?

And, I vow to help you with your PR plan. Send all of your readers over to my blog, where they can enter a giveaway for super cute pillows. Even preppy ones!!! Or retro ones! :)

J. February 17, 2010 at 2:29 am

I think you are fucking fabulous. I almost joined a sorority, but didn't… and I don't hate sorority girls at all- but sometimes, it's funny to laugh at stereotypes. (sue me, right?)
I don't even KNOW what Lilly P. was until this whole blog fiasco… so thank you for introducing me to an entire line that I will NEVER purchase… bleh.
AND… I almost joined the JL, until I realized the woman who was supposed to 'sponsor' me was also my former boss- the same woman that I basically told to go fuck herself as I walked out of my job…
so, yeah…
You are fucking fabulous.
xoxoxo (no pink, green or plaid was used in the making of those “xoxo's”…
J.

April February 17, 2010 at 2:57 am

All these haters gotta get their panties outta their asses and relax! Girl … I read your blog every day, I heart you tons and wish we were bff's! Don't you dare let your feelings get hurt over these prissy ass girls who can't get their noses out of the air long enough to take a reality check of the world around them. I got yo' back! Let them bring it! xoxo

Frau February 17, 2010 at 3:57 am

Hello correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this YOUR blog? Where you can write about anything YOU want and if someone doesn't like it DON't read it! Seriously people! Please write what you want that's why people follow you.

P February 17, 2010 at 4:00 am

Wow, some of those commenters were overly nasty about something that as far as I could see was pretty tongue in cheek. Good for you for acknowledging the comments then just letting them know how wrong they are…

Rachel February 17, 2010 at 7:57 am

I also never heard of Lily P until that post, and then I googled it, looked for a minute and got blinded by all the color, and came back over to your blog where I felt normal again. Not that I have an aversion to colored clothing, but I prefer not to look like rainbow vomit either. And since the last Suri post was about the funniest thing I have EVER read, I would tell that chick to shut up and sit down somewhere. She has no place over here where we all love you! xoxo

Resh Rene` February 17, 2010 at 8:08 am

Well….I came in on the ass end of things…damn my bad timing.
Sounds to me like all the Lilly's WHO DECIDED to bash you clearly have pearls stuck up their asses…and not the pleasure kind :)

Yesterday and today's post (which in my opinion is the funniest of the 2) is what blogs are for. It's your blog and if you wanted to post all the Lillyminions pictures and links you are more than entitled to. Hell I'm sure there is some drunkgirlmeanbitches website that has all our pictures.
Be a bitch, be a funny bitch, be a toilet picture taking bitch, that's what keeps us all coming back.
Just FYI if you ever wanted to make fun of me cause my toilet is not as clean as yours…have at it, maybe out of that one of your follows would pay to have my boys trained in the art of pissing straight….or we could just use them to pee in our enemies wheaties!

advocatemom February 17, 2010 at 8:15 am

Looks like you are the one being bullied MODG. I do not like that.

Dear Bullies–Leave my Girlie alone! She is sparkily and fun. And if you don't like it–don't read it. But do not bring your negativity over here to our happy, sparkily, shiny place. Got it? Thankssomuch!

There MODG. That should fix 'em. Hearts and shiny things for you today!

Science Gal February 17, 2010 at 9:01 am

post yesterday is still funny….period.

chinamommy February 17, 2010 at 9:03 am

Today is my birthday- yeah me… happy birthday to me… but I digress- what i meant to say was “hahahahahahahahahahaha” the last 2 days have been the hardest I've laughed in like…. 3 days! Oh wow- that's some good stuff! So again, the laugh was like a special birthday laugh just for me 'cause IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! did i say that already?
~cm

Lolo February 17, 2010 at 9:11 am

I'm not sure which is worse. That so many people had no awareness of Lily or that so many have such poor reading comprehension.

Wait, I know which one is worse and which one makes me a little bit jealous.

Llama February 17, 2010 at 9:23 am

Oh my goodness… what the heck is going on?!?! Why do people get so crazy and take everything so personally? Everyone is entitled to their opinions and if you don't like it dont read it…its fairly simple. There is no need for all of this! Thank you for being honest and sincere…no matter who thinks otherwise.

mrs.mfc February 17, 2010 at 9:26 am

This whole mess has just made me love you more. Plus I had a friend read yesterday's post and now she's a follower. She's preppy AND she loved your post! HA!

I want more suri/toilet shoe pictures/sparkle baby team/kardashian/britney/baby vitamins/ toilet twizzlers/etc.

cupcakes and polka dot love,
mrs.mfc

Caroline in the City February 17, 2010 at 9:28 am

I like that none of the mean girls commented today. They can keep talkin shit because they're making you famous (slash increasing your page views). I hate Lilly. I live in Charleston where all things Lilly reign. Hate hate hate.

Cee February 17, 2010 at 9:35 am

I had no idea the colors pink and green bring out so much passion in people. I thought the post was funny and sarcastic. In fact I also thought in the begining that you knew her or something and it was all a big joke.

Whatever…you are not a bully. Lilly is weird.

d.a.r. February 17, 2010 at 9:43 am

Dear Lord. Did I miss something??? Because I just thought your post yesterday was funny. Snarky for sure, but that is my kind of funny!! Where did it become some sort of face off for all lovers of pink and green?

This post quite literally made my morning. It was like watching a train wreck. But dressed in pink and green. Hehe.]

Love it, and love you!

Emily February 17, 2010 at 9:49 am

I like pink and green and pearls and lilly and junior league and I'm kind of an uptight prep school, sorority bitch and I still thought your post was hilar. now…who wants a martini?!

lschro February 17, 2010 at 9:53 am

You know what cures a case of the sads?? Tequila, my friend!! Or vodka. Or wine. Maybe a combo? Cheers and sparkles!

Krista February 17, 2010 at 10:01 am

I hate everyone. The end.

Mrs. Newlywed Giggles February 17, 2010 at 10:08 am

This post is awesome. Sparkly awesome. Sparkly everything.

Hopefully the “mean” people aren't still lurking so they can send round two of attacking e-mails.. and if they do, please do another post like this again. Sparkly please.

hotpants™ February 17, 2010 at 10:14 am

I live in the south. I don't like Lilly Pulitzer or Amy Butler. I don't wear pearls. I wasn't in a sorority. Fuck me. They're shipping me off to Jersey.

I am Trish Marie February 17, 2010 at 10:17 am

Seriously made my day. You had to know that was coming though, right? You have no idea about the power of bored, rich housewives. Trust. I know.

Gini February 17, 2010 at 10:30 am

I WANT TO BE AS FUNNY AS YOU, TELL ME HOW IMMEDIATELY.

Sarah RDH February 17, 2010 at 10:32 am

Welp….still don't know what the hell this Lilly junk is. Still don't care. But I find it HUHHHHH-LAR-IOUS that ppl got so offended by it!! I hope these chicks leave you mean posts more often so we get to read this shit all the time!

Smart Ass Sara February 17, 2010 at 10:34 am

People are easily offended over stupid stuff. Which is why they should avoid the interwebs. And blogs. And any media for that matter. And maybe they should be hermits. Hermits without guns, though. It's not like you were setting up a gang rape or something. Please god don't let anyone come to my blog where I refer to all readers as lamb whores. HAHA!!

BrownEyedNewlywed February 17, 2010 at 10:46 am

Can we start a “I wear all black” club. You be the prez I'll be VP. Those people just don't get it. That just shows everyone that the prepps can be “mean” too.

Keep up the funny!

Callie February 17, 2010 at 10:51 am

Dear MODG,
You clearly have enough support already but I thought I'd be the cherry on top. I would like to first say that I am a proud card-carrying Junior League member, like pearls, sun dresses (of the non-lilly variety…I am over 10 years of age after all), love to drink, wear black and party to my little heart's content. I don't talk about farting, pooping or anything gross (but I love reading when people like yourself do) and can confidently say that I only wish I could have been in a sorority if they existed at my school (not that there was any shortage of partying with the athletic teams…our version of greek life).

With that said, please don't hate on ALL Junior League people…some of us are really fun, form book clubs to drink copious amounts of wine and talk about sex and the bitchy people we hate (its therapeutic you know). Then sometimes we have to move to a new city (like myself) and see why people hate on the Junior League all the time (but props to them for volunteering). Point being, some people suck and ruin it for the rest of us.

Don't let your feelings be hurt by the under-25 subset that looks like they should have popped out 5 kids and a divorce by now. You're fun in your own way, have a hot husband who buys you Loubs (totally jealous) and a bajillion friends (internet, stalkers and real one's alike) that will go to bat for you. So keep on obsessing about Suri, standing on toilets, and anything else that makes you, you. Sparkles forever!

Sara February 17, 2010 at 10:51 am

This is why blogging is not for everyone.

If you can't tell when someone is joking, then just MOVE ON!

If I feel like I don't understand what someone is saying, I don't comment and tell them what a bad person they are. I go find a blog with lots of pictures and shiny things that I understand better.

Clearly, you have readers who love you and think you're hilarious. I am one of them.

And when you are famous, I will tell people about the pink and green monster that tried to eat you.

Lucia February 17, 2010 at 10:52 am

I am a new follower of your blog… soon to be stalker. I have seriously been laughing all morning about these past two posts. I am from the Philadelphia area, a lover of liquor, curse like a sailor, and moved to the south (the land of Lilly P). I've been looked at with that same, “You weirdo you are scaring the shit out of me face”. I really can't stop laughing!

Annie February 17, 2010 at 11:46 am

OK….this was intense…who knew that one little e-mail would cause such uproar….

But on unrelated news, I thought of you this a.m. when I logged in to my computer and saw this:
“Suri Cruise has expensive taste! The 3-year-old donned an $850 Salvatore Ferragamo “Sofia” handbag while boarding a helicopter with her parents in Jamaica Feb. 5.”

OH SURI…..

Milltini February 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm

you know you've hit it big in blogland when you've sparked a real live controversy, complete with hate mail and judgment. i guess i just thought that blogs were our attempt to stake out our own little piece of the interwebs and if you don't like what somebody's throwing down, delete from your google reader and move on. silly me ;-)

Salt February 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm

God MODG, you're such a horrid bitch. I don't even know why I continue to read your blog. Thank goodness original preppy girl blogger damsel in distress has all her knights in shining pink and green to come to her rescue and stop your reign of terror.

Michelle aka Mommy February 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm

amanda – who the hell is Lilly Pullitzer? is it a store? a real person? a persona? i'm so lost and confused. is it an east coast thing and b/c i'm in the midwest we don't wear lobster shorts and / or plaid (unless it's flannel)?

i however, thought your post was funny and today's post, even better. i love stuck up, soroity girls wearing plaid and lobsters calling out someone for being a bitch by calling her bitchy names, when in fact they're the ones being the bitch.

(sigh) the circle of life

DSS February 17, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Hi. I'm new here. I guess I would be considered preppy. I've been wearing Lilly since I was about 4 years old. I grew up in florida. I still wear pants with lobsters on them.

I, personally, thought yesterday's post was hysterical. I think that some people are “preppy” because that is just how they were raised. It isn't a conscious effort.

I then think some people try to be “preppy”. Try so very hard, and it's so very obvious. And odd, actually.

One seriously CANNOT fill their entire closet with Lilly. One seriously MUST wear something from J.Crew every now and again. No?

I know the blog of which you speak. I quit following a while ago. Everything was much to “darling” for my taste.

Mommy Lisa February 17, 2010 at 12:31 pm

crazy shit…

Monkey Mae February 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Wow…can't believe you got all those nasty emails. Please come on vaycay to FL where will mentor you in all things baby fab.

Stephanie February 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I thought it was hilarious.

Maybe because I didn't know what Lilly was until I read this. Feel free to shun me.

And so what if I stare at Suri Cruise and pray to the baby gods that my child be half as cute. Or just not ugly. Or just not so ugly that people look at her and say “Ohhh!” while trying to hide their disgust.

I like you MODG. You're the only blog that makes me laugh out loud.

Pearls and petticoats,
Stephanie

G-Zell February 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm

GURLLL you got me rollin.. totally they need to loosen up. If you were making fun of me I would come back at cha even funnier.. kind of like yo momma contest LMAO…

WOW… I really think we are related because sometimes people dont get my humor and get all butt hurt and I am like on the floor laughing while people are staring me down in confusion..

ROCK on girlie….

Hey I like pearls.. never went to college wished I got experience the whole sorority thing crap , I thought it was funny..

OH ya I am cracking up at Tracie's comment of having a giveaway hilarious!

MiMi February 17, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I thought your post yesterday was hilarious.
And I know that you pick on just about everything/everyone and that it's cuz you love it.
Like you can call me a whore and I know you're really saying, “I love you bitch.”
I finally figured out the blog.
I puked in my mouth a little. Just because I think it looks like a)Stepford and b)some of the commenters names are enough to make you scream. Lit-rally. Okay, Buffy? Gah.
Anyway, this is hilarious, you take criticism and turn it around and make it hilarious. I love you, bitch.

Clemson Girl February 17, 2010 at 12:45 pm

You have certainly made my workday a million more times entertaining. I'm just sorry I was so behind on my blog reading that it took me this long to realize what the eff was going on.

Mrs. Bear February 17, 2010 at 12:51 pm

As I told Sarah… who ever has beef with you… or her… or even me… should shove it up her ass. And if you have a problem with anyone's blog just hit the little X button in the top left hand corner and go find something else to do.

Rachel February 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Dear MODG:

They're just haters.

I'm from Alabama. I wear black everyday. I'm not a fan of sorority princess types (I know, I know, you were in a sorority. No prob.) People should just remember that whole “freedom of speech” thing and blow it out their ass! It's your blog, say what you want to, and eff the rest of them!

Ams February 17, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Shit. I am going to have to minimize this business and go through all of it tonight… I know there was drama but I didn't know that you had so many morons that would like to talk shit about you… It HAS been brought… if you don't like it, leave. Simple.

Karena February 17, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Ok, so while I'm still not 100% clear on what this Lilly shit is all about, I DID find that blog (thank you to the commenter who put the twitter link!) and it made me naseous! Like “I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth” sick. And I really can't tell if that's real or not since I didn't believe people like that really existed. I live in Cali btw, which is probably why I don't anything about this prep stuff. We have hippies, not much on the prep front. Anyhow, you're hilarious, hearts and sparkles. Oh and pink and green only work if you're a watermelon.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB February 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm

so much to say. and i am so late to say it. why couldn't i be first?

first of all – no idea what the eff this lilly is. i am clue-less. but i also live in ohio and wear work out pants everywhere, so on to the next thing…

i love blog wars. i love to know about them and read about them but not actually participate in them. war on warrior / sister / blogger

you better email me the link to that blog b/c i am too stupid to figure it out.

also, was she a kappa? b/c you know that i am / was. i'm gonna have to side with her if she is. just saying

Christy February 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Apparently LP and a sense of humor don't go together. Lilly is fug.

Jenni February 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Ha! This whole thing is ridic and awesome.

1. I love watching everyone get their panties twisted about what they wear and don't wear and acting like it's some big revelation to like both black AND pearls. Clearly whether or not you get along has jackshit to do with what you like to wear. Unless it's dead animal carcasses or a Backstreet Boys t-shirt. We've learned this from watching EVERY feel-good movie EVER. And you know this.

2. The real tragedy here is that she didn't respond to/didn't see your e-mail, because I'm totally behind your original point, which I don't think was mean. A blog collabo would have been ridiculously awesome. You would have been the best gal-pal duo since Cher and Dee. (I'll let you decide who's who).

3. Kappa 4-evah, WHAT UP!!!

Love you, MODG!

Geez Louise♥ February 17, 2010 at 3:10 pm

MODG. You cannot be sad.
1. Because I am in love your blue hair and love for Suri.
2. Because this is a CHIN UP, BOOBS OUT kind of moment.
3. If your a mean girl, Im joining the squad. Because I would probably think this email from you was halarious.

BIG BIG HEARTS to you!

Jennifer February 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm

WOW all of this reminds me of a soap opera! You and your non mean sarcastic blunt self are still one of my favorites just so you know! :)

PollyBee February 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm

That post is so awesome! I think I love you!

PeaceLoveApplesauce February 17, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Holy JCrew!
Can we please get off of polka dots & plaid & get back to toilets & poo??
KThanxBye!

Jennifer Lee February 17, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Your blog (and probably your life) is a zillion times more entertaining and fun than that other blogger and anyone who would write hate letters to you. If you don't like it, leave and go find something you like. Life is too short….

Jennifer Lee February 17, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Jennifer Lee February 17, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Chic 'n Cheap Living February 17, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Haters will hate. I know I started moderating comments because I was tired of people judging me after this one controversial freaking bridal shower post (and my blog is the furthest thing from explosive).

I gotta admit I was a bit afraid to comment on the first post. I didn't want to judge and the craziness was already starting to boil. Some people can point out, hey that's a little mean and not just making fun of someone so chill out – that's ok. Don't they realize by bashing you, they're perpetuating bulliness and “meanness”.

Point is, don't mind those random people. Keep on with your toilet shoe shots (though I don't really comment, I still love them!)

Katelin February 17, 2010 at 7:47 pm

both of these posts crack me up, i thought your attempt at contact was hilarious and not at all mean. then again, what do i know? but um that jcrew jacket is quite cute and now i want one, sheesh, thanks.

Jane February 17, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Sparkle on. You rock, I love you're humor and I am still jealous that you got McD's on V-Day. The end.

Melissa February 17, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Hahaha. I <3 you and your blog.

Hearts. Smooches. Keep sparkling :)

Hopeless Chest February 17, 2010 at 9:21 pm

http://gallery.apartmenttherapy.com/photo/jason-jon-new-york-house-i/item/115442 Talk about pink and green.

Somewhat off topic. But imagine being in a same sex couple and getting to wear eachother's clothes. Double the wardrobe!

Morgan February 17, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I LOVE this kind of drama. More please.

(I thought the post was funny.)

Sophie February 18, 2010 at 10:04 am

I do agree that your post was funny, but seriously I am amazed at all the drama you started. If your intention was to draw more people to your blog (and your new nemisis's blog, for that matter)- well done. Did you think that people would just laugh, write a encouraging commment, and that would be it? After glancing through the comments, you can tell that people (women bloggers esp) love some good drama…

I think you're missing on critical element here – not everyone has a sense of humor, and as a 30 something yourself you should know that by now. I sincerally hope your rebuttal was not formed due to the fact that you were surprised that people were so upset, but to continue this now tiresome drama.

I do realize that I am no better than anyone else by commenting here, but I couldn't help but adding my 2 cents.

Aunt Juicebox February 18, 2010 at 11:45 am

Groupies? I read your blog, so I'm a “groupie”? WTF? Just because you jokingly suggested that people leave comments on her blog, doesn't mean I am actually going to DO it.

Honestly, if I had gotten an email from you like that, I don't think I would have responded. I would have written a post about it, poking a great deal of fun at you. She didn't respond, so I assume that's they way SHE chose to handle it. Why did HER “groupies” feel the need to defend her/lambast you, when she herself chose to ignore it?

Lil' Woman February 18, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Damn, well I guess now isn't the best time to send you our BLOGGY BURN BOOK!!!!

God forbid anybody talks shit on a prep or Lilly P….take a chill pill bitches, wash it down with that sweet tea of yours.

I didn't find your last post bad at all…anybody who reads your blog reg. gets your humor and knows what your getting across. And Suri is the shit. Sicko, I think not!

Hugs, kisses, and sparkly monogrammed wishes your way darling! : )

At least I'm skinny February 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm

OMG, such a strong reaction. Internet drama is the best.

a H.I.T. February 19, 2010 at 11:31 am

I'm just commenting so the number becomes 137.

Corrie Howe February 19, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I can't believe you are now up to 138 comments? Is that an all time high? If so, what are you going to do to top it?

Moomby February 19, 2010 at 9:21 pm

awesome post. as the comical genius that you are, i hope you'd expect to hear from the humorless. on the upside, hate mail is much more fun than fan mail. am i right?

AuntBT February 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm

So sorry you're getting all this hate. Saw ALME's post too, chalked full of awesome.

I'm a sorostitute and love my pearls. However, pink and green don't mix well and they totally don't get you. I loved the post, I'm sitting there reading and just agreeing 100%.

Keep the sparkles coming, cause I might be sad if they stopped and then I would have to insult your blue hair.

KK February 26, 2010 at 12:25 am

Oh the controversy, how fun! Negative comments are still comment love to me!

designstiles September 25, 2010 at 4:18 am

Looks like I’m way late to the preppy party. Fine by me ’cause I definitely did not bring my pearls. I didn’t even know real preps existed. That should give you an idea of how I grew up. Dodging bullets as I type….from stolen internet.
Yes, it’s me again, and I’ve dedicated my entire Friday night to catching up on your blog. I was cool at one point. Promise.